Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- The Masked Chicken said ” and for the children fathered by the dead...
- q7swallows said Utterly transfixing sermon. I appreciated most o...
- New Sister said @Sword40, @ Chon – have you seen the newly renova...
- Henry Edwards said Kindspirit, “Certainly the architecture that...
- Chon said Per Signum Crucis: I was also wondering about the...
- jflare said “Nevertheless, I find boasting about turning...
- Bea said Thank you Father. Heard it loud and clear. I hope...
- jaykay said It won’t change in the UK and Ireland, as Pe...
- afanco said Just wanted to note that +Povish was not an Archbi...
- Mike said Temptation operates in the mind, which, like a spo...
- acardnal said Facta, Patience. Fr. Z is in travel mode.
- Michael said “Right. Good will, meaning the will to obey...
- Sulo said NOTE: I wrote “the things said lend themselv...
- Sulo said Dear Netmilsmom: The point I tried to make–i...
- Facta Non Verba said I’ve been listening every day, too. I’...
- Gerard Plourde said Prayers and best wishes for a safe trip.
- HobokenZephyr said Are you on Delta? In the South, if somebody tells...
- Convert Journal – Elsewhere: church gun raffle said [...] Zuhlsdorf also offers his views on the subje...
- Netmilsmom said To those of us who hang on Father Zs every word, w...
- Sulo said … Journal: And that’s what seems to have bee...
- jflare said “Seems like most who have commented here are...
- Per Signum Crucis said Just to add that I have now watched the video: as...
- LucaMaria Melchisedech said Chiming in. I’ve listened every day so far....
- Gratias said Thank you Father for the Holy thoughts. We need yo...
- Kindspirit said “Built of Living Stones” is the statem...
- Giuseppe said How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet th...
- Widukind said LENTEN LUNCH Lenten lunch, and penitential fare,...
- Andrew Saucci said If muskrat actually does have the “taste of...
- Liz said Polycarpio, thank you for the link to the story ab...
- Andrew Saucci said Too bad we can’t clone Bishop Morlino. We ne...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 29 October 2009
A reader sent me a photo of an interesting lawn sign.
Someone is treating the Pope in a pretty shabby way.
Shame on them.
We salute the sisters too.
I salute the sisters who are faithful to the teachings of the Church.
The site of the Archdiocese of Denver has a story by George Weigel about St. Jeanne Jugan. I confess I don’t know much about her. It would be nice to know
I happily send a biretta tip to engaging Creative … Continue reading
First, remember that you can gain indulgences when All Souls rolls around.
Also, take your digital cameras to church for photos of the black vestments and unbleached candles!
That means… you priests out there…
USE BLACK VESTMENTS and UNBLEACHED CANDLES!
The latest from the official WDTPRS photoshop wizard Vincenzo.
Apparently His Holiness is the driver of this Z-car. I am content. I don’t trust him with the Veyron, however.
I especially like the idea of stopping at the BBQ shack of a … Continue reading
I have written before about the Lion of Lima, His Eminence Juan Luis Card. Cipriani Thorne.
This from CNA:
Cardinal Cipriani reminds State of duty to protect life from moment of conception
Lima, Peru, Oct 29, 2009 / 11:38 am (CNA).- The … Continue reading
Even before Halloween, ’tis already the season to toss wet blankets.
Yes, folks, we are approaching once again the season of attacking Christian symbols in public.
Nativity scenes are especially prized as objects of anti-Christian bigotry.
With that in mind, here is a … Continue reading
I have seen a sharp uptick of anti-Catholicism lately. I suspect things will only get worse.
His Excellency Most Rev. Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York has this piece in the newspaper of the NY Archdiocese.
My emphases and comments.
October 29, 2009
The … Continue reading
I have used this example for years now: Our Lord asked to be let out on the water in a little boat at the end of a line so that He could address a much larger crowd on the shore. … Continue reading
In Knoxville, TN there is a vibrant Traditional Latin Mass community at Holy Ghost Church.
Here is one of the photos from their extensive archive.
It was taken on the Feast of Christ the King.
I suspect Father wasn’t saying "And have … Continue reading