Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- visigrad said Archbishop Cordileone is a courageous man. He has...
- Charles E Flynn said If the testimony regarding the apparitions ?at Lou...
- James in Perth said The visiting priest made an interesting point abou...
- iPadre said This is the rigid arrogance that the Holy Father i...
- jameeka said Thank you Siculum. Father Z, I think Our Lady of t...
- Legisperitus said The science is settled, Nancy.
- Charles E Flynn said I recall that in the early 1970s when I filed a gr...
- Geoffrey said This is ludicrous. When will people finally unders...
- chonak said The next line after the passage which Cdl. Marx qu...
- Fr_Sotelo said I get the impression that the employer requires th...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Although his words were true, Abp. Cordileone̵...
- MarylandBill said I think the writer’s objection is not that t...
- Athelstan said P.S. I wonder if the employer here imposes the sam...
- Athelstan said Traductora, First of all, I don’t understand why t...
- iamlucky13 said “‘The fact is is what we have said: Th...
- Mary Jane said Uh, folks, I don’t read anywhere that the OP...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Maltese writes, “At least in Muslim lands th...
- iamlucky13 said “Not if your state has a Fire-at-Will law an...
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion | The Catholic Legate said […] Well done, Archbishop. […]
- Imrahil said As those who gave me the undeserved honor to read...
- jacobi said @Boniface That is what I meant too. But also that...
- Matthew Gaul said “It’s only a matter of time before one of th...
- gramma10 said “And thus I clothe my naked villainy With od...
- Muv said Employee can hint darkly to employer that he can o...
- The Masked Chicken said I am sorry that i did not make any comments on thi...
- The Cobbler said Chicken, will this be point and click adventure (w...
- Boniface said FrAnt, while I personally refuse to even visit the...
- Allan S. said I will remember the late father at Eucharistic Ado...
- The Cobbler said Ah, yes, “Read the text, my blatantly obviou...
- St Donatus said I think the most important thing is to keep your f...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 30 October 2009
As I posted elsewhere, the USCCB is working to mobilize some 19,000 parishes nationwide to voice concerns about health care reform and potential funding of abortion or exclusion of conscience clauses.
The USCCB has developed materials for parish bulletins, including … Continue reading
I heard a claim on a TV show tonight that made my antennae perk up. A Democrat member of the House of Representatives made the claim that she took an oath to represent the best interests of the people in … Continue reading
I posted on this HERE.
Bishops’ campaign declares war on abortion funding in health care
Washington D.C., Oct 30, 2009 / 05:50 pm (CNA).- The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is calling on Catholics nationwide “to prevent healthcare reform from … Continue reading
The UKS’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has a some interesting bits this week.
Check out feisty Stuart Reid’s Charterhouse in which your humble correspondent is mentioned.
The persistent Anna Arco is always good.
There is a piece about why Catholics can’t … Continue reading
A priest reader of WDTPRS writes asking:
Dear Fr. Z, How can we get our experience of heterodox sisters to the congregation rightly investigating these women?
The best way I can think of is to write directly to the one … Continue reading
The USCCB has issued a bulletin insert for use in parishes.
USCCB NATIONWIDE BULLETIN INSERT
Tell Congress: Remove Abortion Funding & Mandates from Needed Health Care Reform
Congress is preparing to debate health care reform legislation on the House and Senate floors.
I warmly … Continue reading
Former Anglican priest Jeffrey Steel has an interesting post on his site about Pope Benedict’s provisions for Anglicans.
This Apostolic Constitution seems to me that it will not and cannot be something of an answer to Anglican’s taste and expectations … Continue reading