Do any of you have experience with cellular phone signal boosters/extenders?
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iamlucky13: A line I will have to remember for future use, because despite how simple it sounds, there is lot underpinni ng it. “The fact is, from the very beginning all have been welco...
- Nathan: Back to the synod for a second. Father, you mentioned that the Powers that Be might be willfully clueless. But what do they really hope to achieve in cooking the books for a synod, which...
- Malta: Let’ s get the acronym right, it’s : lggbdtttiq qaapp I suspect they will come-up with more letters in the future. https://ww w.snopes.c om/fact-ch eck/lggbdt ttiqqaapp- lgbt-i...
- PatriciusOenus: Can we get a gold star for Eoin OBolguidhi r ?
- Il Ratzingeriano: What is the basis for the claim that “TLM priestly vocations are outpacing Novus Ordo priestly vocations by more than 7 to 1”? I wish it were true but I have a hard...
- Il Ratzingeriano: My former parish formally adopted “All are welcomed 8221; as its “mot to” and had the motto blazoned across the sign in front of the church. The bulletin also...
- Bellarmino Vianney: “ 230;the faux calls for diversity and multicultu ralism and, especially , ‘gay ’ hollering we are force to hear so much… ;.Bottom line, when it comes...
- Malta: The Parish I belong to in the Archdioces e of Santa Fe is certainly welcoming to gays, but not so much to Traditiona l Catholics with large families.
- Joe in Canada: yes, Clavius SJ. The opinion of Pope Sixtus V is not to be put aside easily.
- Sonshine135: The most welcoming church is the one that preaches the gospel. I don’ t go to a steak house for Mexican food. I go for the steak.
- Johann: This might sound a bit rude, but it’s time for all the tired old hippies in the Vatican, who came of age in the 1960’ ;s and 70’s , to retire and make way for the younger...
- Johann: There is another reason, often overlooked , why Pope Paul VI’s canonizati on should be celebrated . It was he, after seeing all the rampant theologica l liberalism and doctri...
- LatinMan: The difference between Catholics and liberals is that the Catholic holds the Church door open and says to those outside “Welcome!” , while the liberal holds the Church door open and says...
- semperficatholic: Welcome to the Burger King gospel. You know their slogan, “Hav e it Your Way.” ;
- Imrahil: Dear TonyO, As a canonizati on meaning only that a person “is enjoying the Beatific Vision”: no, that’s not true. If that was me, then: that’ ;s not what I said. What I did say was...
- Adaquano: My parish is a good example (well we are made of two – one just outside a major city – the other just inside). We have a lot of young families – some with 6,7,8,9 kids....
- Thomas Stewart: It’s not that complicate d. When someone is examining a faith, and sees that even the leaders of that faith won’ t defend the details of that faith – “tha t...
- TonyO: I usually respect P. Kwasniewsk i’s articles a lot, but this one fell flat. And the article by Lamont at Rorate Coeli? It has a number of problems too. Sorry, guys, you need to go back...
- Mike: The OnePeterFi ve footnote repeats something right out of the Wikipedia entry for Paul VI. It is a subject Paul VI addressed very publicly at the time and asked for prayers in reference to....
- Rob in Maine: When the Holy Father was elected, I was asked by several people, mostly non church going relatives, what I thought of the new Pope. When I wouldnR 17;t reply enthusiast ically,...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): The penitentia l rite is one of my favorite parts of the traditiona l Mass. It is one of the things I really like about low Mass. The penitentia l rite is one of my least...
- Dan: The devil stands in front of hell with a big sign that say “all are welcome here!” It is more loving to welcome someone to hell or bring them to safety?
- The Cobbler: Hang on. Patriarchy ? Does that include husbands and fathers — you know, the actual meaning of the term? Also, I will here note that the event is scheduled for 7 PM through 10...
- acardnal: robtbrown, I always appreciate your responses.
- Elizabeth D: I did not read all the other comments, this subject matter causes me too much anxiety and I should generally not discuss it here.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
- ASK FATHER: ” I feel that my Faith is just being torn apart”
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Australia and removal of all abortion restrictions
- Francis accepted Card. Wuerl’s two year old resignation, wrote him a Letter
- ASK FATHER: Official Latin of Fatima Rosary Prayer
- NOTE TO READERS about email and contact
- Anniversary of John XXIII’s 1962 “Gaudet Mater Ecclesia” and how it has been misused #Synod2018 #VaticanII #podcast
- ASK FATHER: Is “Amoris laetitia” really translated “The Exuberance of Lust”?
- Certain sins bring infestation of demons: horrid #sodoclericalism “parties” close to the most important places in the Vatican
- VARIA: Concrete parish project of reparation (PDF); Fighting back in Chicago; Disasters, death and YOU!; a little Latin (AUDIO); some super Catholic trivia.
- Is watered-down faith of #Synod2018 “worth dying for when the man with the machete shows up at your door?”
- Divisions are growing
- 2nd Sunday of October: Votive Mass of the Good Thief in prisons, jails, etc.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.