SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 701: “Synon… That’s great news! Would that more parishes had that going on. It takes people out of their screens and…”
- TheBackPew on FOR SALE: “$180,000 US. How much would it cost to disassemble and relocate? The granite alone is worth $180K”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 699: “White to move. What to do? 1. Rh4+ Kxh4 2. Qxh6+ Qh5 3. Qf4+ Qg4 4. Qxg4#”
- Synonymous_Howard on Daily Rome Shot 701: “Fr Z, I thought you would be heartened to know that chess is alive and well with the next generation…”
- Synonymous_Howard on Daily Rome Shot 699: “This one was tough for me. Had to find the right first move. 1. Rh4+ Kxh4 2. Qxh6+ Qh5 3.…”
- L. on LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!: “Our high-school CCD class was helping with a Christmas program, I think it was. I had the reading, which was…”
- JonPatrick on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “I think part of the reason for the optimism is our modern concept of Progress – the saying we often…”
- JonPatrick on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “Traveling so I don’t know what my home parish is doing, but the church I attended yesterday St. Mary Broadway…”
- Ms. M-S on LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!: “Thanks, Father Z. I don’t think anyone would argue that most of us live willingly or unwillingly in Nineva and…”
- Imrahil on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “Dear lfandrew, that was a general comment, obviously. The solution for this year would have been easy, but obviously it’d…”
- Imrahil on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “Dear lfandrew, I’m not saying that was entirely wrong. But for the two reasons that 1. the veiling especially does…”
- Imrahil on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “In the parish (and our FSSP apostolate does mutatis mutandis the exact same thing, but it’s easier to describe for…”
- PostCatholic on Zoink!: “I wondered about the candle, Fr. Theodoxos, and also the crosier detail to the hearth screen.”
- TonyO on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “I kind of understand why our dear Fr. Z put in the last option to vote for: my church has…”
- mrs wu on Zoink!: “https://www.wga.hu/art/l/lotto/5/06annun1.jpg Lorenzo Lotto’s Annunciation, because….cat. Also, her face! Imagine what went through her mind as she knew what was asked…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 6 January 2011
Silent protest, or, ‘Clap on!… Clap off!”
According to kathnews, a German news outlet, the huge St. Peter bell in the tower of the Cathedral of Cologne fell silent today when its clapper broke. Cologne Cathedral is where what tradition holds to be the remains of the … Read More
WDTPRS – Epiphany – a “thunderclap”
“Epiphany” comes from the Greek word for a divine “manifestation” or “revelation”. The antiphons for Vespers in the Liturgy of the Hours reflect the ancient tradition that Epiphany was thought to be the day not only on which the Magi … Read More
REVIEW: New editions of 1962 altar missals
I was recently sent a beautiful reprint of Benziger Brother’s 1962 Missale Romanum. It is from from Preserving Christian Publications. This is a fine book, beautifully bound, and very useful. I am so grateful to have it, since my original … Read More
A different Epiphany hymn
On a lighter note for your Epiphany joy, here is an offering from the official WDTPRS Parodohymnodist, the great Tim Ferguson. He provides an introduction: I was just poking around my computer looking for a file and happened across a … Read More
A snip from the Holy Father’s sermon for Epiphany
A snip from the Holy Father’s sermon for Epiphany: Is there perhaps something of Herod also in us? Perhaps we also, sometimes, see God as a kind of rival? Perhaps we also are blind before His signs, deaf to His … Read More
A note to Vatican Radio/CTV: thanks and a request
Vatican Radio and Vatican TV (CTV or Centro Televisivo Vaticano) has been, finally, providing a video channel with the “raw” feed without voice-over commentary in various languages. They are to be applauded! Thank you, thank you! I was, for example, … Read More
America Magazine article about “pro multis” in the corrected translation
The Jesuit run America Magazine has an article by Paul Philibert, O.P. about the “pro multis” issue. A Dominican writing for Jesuits about liturgy. Hmmmm. I have written about this issue quite a few times. Let’s see what Fr. Philibert … Read More