- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- MotherTeresa said I am not concerned with the reasons why negligent...
- benedetta said I’m calling it on the argument that goes ...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Dear mcferran, The first one to leave Mass early w...
- PA mom said 2. Many of the prayers of the Mass, properly tran...
- un-ionized said Gretta, you express yourself well. I especially ap...
- Sword40 said I can respect most all of the comments posted here...
- Gregg the Obscure said A few little things (most of which are already per...
- IoannesPetrus said Though I am not ordained, I let the Homiletic Dire...
- Songbird33 said 1. Please ask the Good Lord to provide employment...
- ncstevem said I think the answers for questions (2) and (3) are:...
- gretta said While there has clearly been many abuses of the No...
- aliceinstpaul said Yes it is, 1000 times yes, it is disheartening. It...
- Heorot said Father, were it liturgically correct at this time,...
- Matt R said It’s simply personalism, though perhaps poorly art...
- WmHesch said Before the Council, no one conflated the Apostlesh...
- Fr Martin Fox said Excellent questions and answers. I would add, firs...
- Geoffrey said I once heard a priest paraphrase: “It’...
- APX said I often wonder if, over time, it could happen with...
- acardnal said Where I live one parish has scheduled confessions...
- un-ionized said There will always be people for whom learning anot...
- Aquinas Gal said The point that it’s very easy for the priest...
- Mario Bird said Just answering #2: 2. I take the Benedict XVI ...
- rgrutza said I found this on “Loving the Novus Ordo.̶...
- frahobbit said Possibly some priests at first tried to defend the...
- John UK said One is reminded of the definition of the Renaissan...
- robtbrown said This question of Mass and Confession reminds me of...
- Gil Garza said More people are clueless about what happens during...
- cl00bie said I believe there was a need for reform. The Holy S...
- Venerator Sti Lot said In his post of 19 July, Fr. Hunwicke wrote, “...
- Richard A said 1. Latin is hard to learn and hard to teach. [We c...
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: What are the best arguments they have in the favor of the novus ordo?
- ASK FATHER: Minimum to fulfill Mass obligation
- ASK FATHER: Praying for the Holy Father’s intentions when those intentions are… odd
- ASK FATHER: Confessions during Mass – followup
- Of speaking truth to power, close hair cuts, and you
- ASK FATHER: How are we supposed to remain Catholic these days?
- 29 August – Beheading of John the Baptist and diminishing returns
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- INDONESIA: Wannabe ISIS terrorist stabs priest, fails with bomb
- QUAERITUR: Best translation of St. Augustine’s “Confessions”?
- ASK FATHER: What to do if your parish is extremely liberal?
- WDTPRS 15th Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Church, Peter’s Barque
- Photos from a Mass of Reparation for sacrileges and blasphemies
- UK Ordinariate… Quo?
- ACTION ITEM: Prayers after Earthquake near Norcia, Italy
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft the love of Your Name into our hearts
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project!
- PROXIMA b!
- Screwtape’s letter to Bitterwench
- Benedict explains more about why he abdicated
- Si vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, ready war.
- Monstrous Soros spent $650K to tame US bishops
- My View For Awhile: Inertia Edition
- Wherein Fr. Z asks readers to offer the Fishwrap some constructive help
- ASK FATHER: Only half-way decent parish near us is still not good. What to do?
- New scientific study concludes NOT “born that way”
- A proposal for wymynpriests
- PRP: 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- ASK FATHER: Converts trying to make 1st Confession –
- Detroit’s crafty new tax on churches
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Category Archives: Pò sì jiù
This entry has a convoluted origin, but here goes… I saw a story at Stream about a lesbian couple who are suing New Jersey, which is oppressing them. Get this… Erin and Marianne Krupa, a lesbian couple struggling to get … Continue reading
At the fine Crisis there is a good analysis piece which looks into what the pro-women’s ordination crowd do to push their agenda: dialogue. I think we’ve all seen how this works: libs demand something – authority says “No” – they … Continue reading
A few inflammatory points by way of introduction. First, there are those who say that many of the problems in the Church today can be traced back to the influence of a kind of “jansenism” impressed during formation in seminaries way back … Continue reading
I have written in the past of my grudging respect for Camille Paglia. Although I definitely am on the other side of the fence than she is on a number of issues, she is smart, honest, and writes beautifully (unlike … Continue reading
We saw that the Sistine Chapel was rented out to Porsche. We had the projections of critters on the facade of the Vatican Basilica. Now we have rock music in, again, the Sistina. From Reuters: U2’S THE EDGE BECOMES FIRST … Continue reading
Hans Küng is deeply impressed with Pope Francis. He has issued a plea to Francis to open a discussion about the dogma of infallibility with a view of overturning it. Küng, by the way, thinks that Vatican II didn’t go … Continue reading
How stupid do things have to get before we either come to our senses and start behaving normally or have violent whiplashes? From CBS in Philly. Catholic League Wrestler Will Not Wrestle Girl In District Tournament PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — After … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: A local Protestant affiliated hospital in my city hosted a so-called WomanPriest recently. She purported to confect the Eucharist in their chapel. This “event” received zero publicity (to my surprise). The usual small gaggle of grey … Continue reading
One of these days horrible things will start happening because of the blurring of sex and the because of the sick and twisted “gender” re-engineering that is going. We are hurtling toward the brink. From CNA: Could it soon be … Continue reading
It seems that Robert Micken’s Lutheran conversion is complete. HERE You recall that Mickens was fired by The Tablet because of his horrid online denigration of Benedict XVI. HERE Recently, Archbp. Rino Fisichella announced a couple initiatives for the Year of Mercy to boost … Continue reading
This comes from the Cardinal Newman Society: Catholic Colleges Should Claim Title IX Exemptions, Says Newman Society President As Title IX interpretations have expanded to include discrimination policies grounded in gender theory, Catholic colleges should have no qualms about claiming … Continue reading
UPDATE 22 Jan: See the updates at the bottom. ___ ORIGINAL Published on: Jan 21, 2016 @ 10:42 ___ Today brought the news that the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments (CDW) was ordered by Pope Francis to … Continue reading
UPDATE 8 Dec 2015 GMT: I pulled up the live stream of the webcam over St. Peter’s Square. The facade of San Pietro… I am trying to imagine what St. Peter would think about this. Based on his anger toward … Continue reading
Why is it that when really weird things occur or bad ideas surface you can almost always find a Jesuit involved? I received this note from the Cardinal Newman Society this morning. So Fordham has approved the creation of “gender … Continue reading