Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Wiktor said is it still exchangeable?
- OrthodoxChick said May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you in His ca...
- JonPatrick said Random Friar I agree with you about the Lex clavat...
- LarryW2LJ said Rome for Triduum – have a safe and blessed j...
- JonPatrick said Please pray for my youngest son who next month is...
- JonPatrick said In the time it took for my Mystic Monk to brew, pl...
- rosaryarmy said What a great man. It breaks my heart that he isn&...
- jbas said Why was San Marino excluded from Italian unificati...
- JonPatrick said I think 1000 Lire was enough to buy a piece of bub...
- eiggam said 1000 Euros could get a new laptop. Oh wait, those...
- Netmilsmom said Be safe and Godspeed!
- Mariana2 said Vecchio di Londra, Thanks, I’ve put it on my...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Praying for all of the above intentions.
- Jim of Bowie said Amen
- Facta Non Verba said Good message today, as always.
- LeslieL said I grew up with both cats and dogs – my da us...
- my kidz mom said Thank you for this opportunity, Fr. Z. Sent 8 pa...
- MouseTemplar said If everybody sent just one pair, I’m sure Fr...
- jameeka said Bossuet’s meditation is the best, most ratio...
- Tina in Ashburn said Cats have claws, 9 lives, and are acrobats. They n...
- tramtrist said 2 pair on the way
- Del said Dr. Edward Peters says: 14 April 2014 at 5:19 pm 2...
- TWF said Father – to answer your question on my earli...
- The Masked Chicken said Come on, guys, send that foot wear. As Rowan and...
- The Masked Chicken said Should read: If one is eating merely to take a pil...
- The Masked Chicken said “Not everyone is going to have a caffeine pi...
- HeatherPA said Prayers for all and Fr. Z~ Please pray that my hus...
- Mike said For a successful commencement of therapy this Thur...
- TKS said Ten pair sent from an old vet. Glad to help.
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday 5th Week of Lent – An examination of conscience
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Pò sì jiù
Did you see this?
The Cardinal Newman Society (check out their feed on the sidebar of this blog) has a story about a “drag show” at the University of San Diego, which is supposed to be a Catholic school.
Vatican Says … Continue reading
From Rev. Mr. Kandra’s page:
Chaplains erect billboard supporting phrase “So help me God”—UPDATED
This press release was posted by the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Freedom:
The Chaplain Alliance for Religious Freedom has joined with other members of the Restore Military Religious Freedom … Continue reading
With a biretta tip to TAM, I bring to your attention something that was in the Charlotte Observer.
This is we are going to experience for a long-time, friends. If we Catholics (read: faithful to the teachings of the Church concerning … Continue reading
Anyone who isn’t insane or wicked recognizes that the insane and the wicked have been waging a war on boy and men for decades. The battle has widened into a war on gender identity. The aims are entirely evil.
Thanks to … Continue reading
This is pretty weird. From a reader:
I have recently visited Vienna and was stunned by the beautiful churches of this magnificent city. One day I went to St. Michael’s church not far from Stephensdom and it was there and then … Continue reading
I’ll bet that some of you younger readers don’t know who the Viet Cong were and what they did.
They started as a tiny groups or cadres of committed Communists, insurgents, in the south of Vietnam, after the end of the … Continue reading
It is hard to know which box to check:
? tragically ignorant
? mendaciously obtuse
We have seen antinomianism rear its dangerous head in many scenarios now: those who are bound to uphold and enforce the law simply deciding sua sponte that they … Continue reading
I am not making this up.
GIRL SCOUTS HIRE LESBIAN AS CHIEF ‘GIRL EXPERIENCE OFFICER’
As millions of moms consider digging into pocketbooks for Girl Scout cookies this year, they may be interested to know about the hiring of Krista Kokjohn-Poehler … Continue reading
This from WSJ:
President Says ObamaCare Volunteers Doing ‘God’s Work’ [?!?]
Barack Obama speaks to his old campaign comrades [That's the right word.] at Organizing for Action.
Last night in Washington President Obama addressed the national meeting of Organizing for Action, the outfit … Continue reading