About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Lux de Coelo: Moosix1974 – Archbishop Vigano was in disguise in a beard
- Hidden One: I remember #Unitethec lans. Sometimes I wonder if some of the difficulty on the ‘tra d side’ ; is derivative of the problem of different income sources. On the ‘tra d...
- RosaryRose: What we have here is a failure to communicat e. Honestly I don’t think the leaders realize just how many people are ready and willing to help. They don’t know their influence. It is...
- Ms. M-S: God bless everyone for their good intentions , but I’m afraid that the time has passed when we can express them in safety and expect to start a fire. Am I wrong to think that we have...
- Alexander: Many good points here. But respectful ly I wonder if private emails to the parties mentioned in this article would have been better than a public article. The latter may do some damage...
- Suzanne: We have a local group that’ ;s trying to plan a way to offer the rosary, solid catechesis and fellowship – pot luck or something usually – to anyone in our diocese who...
- Kathleen10: This is such a terrific point to make, Fr. Z. As a layperson not affiliated with any group except trad Catholic, it has been a disappoint ment to watch as not only do we not have any...
- moosix1974: Vigano was there? I don’ t see a single pic of him anywhere.
- TRW: IMHO, it would have been less productive if, due to publicity prior to the event, a significan tly greater number of progressiv e/liberal ( pro-synoda l agenda) counter-pr otesters showed up...
- Kate: I get the point, but as a person who has tried to organize events on the local level and had to deal with the progressiv e backlash of that, I really understand how this happens. It can be...
- Benedict Joseph: You nailed it, Father Z [as usual]. I too was surprised by the article at The Remnant this morning. I thought to myself “ 230;how did I miss that?̶ 1; and admonis...
- Amerikaner: I agree completely . This was a missed opportunit y! I too am thinking this is more about self-appea sement that united, concrete action.
- tho: Traditiona list are devoid of a main stream press outlet, a charismati c leader, and a deep pockets source of funds. Until God sends us a true leader, who can encompass all three necessitie s,...
- TRW: In this instance, I think it is likely that the event was intentiona lly kept on the down-low. There are many progressiv e lay groups in Germany that are well organized. It’s not a...
- Jones: What a funny picture. I’ve never seen or heard that expression before. A self licking ice cream cone… ; Anyway yes Father, you are right, people are so “ded icated to...
- chantgirl: Thanks for the answer, Fr. Z. That’ ;s what I figured. It’s not a comforting answer, but the truth is rarely comfortabl e these days.
- JabbaPapa: Just got my copy in the post today, original French edition — God bless Pope Benedict XVI and Robert Cardinal Sarah.
- Semper Gumby: Masked Chicken: “Ori ginal Sine” ;- good one. A room filled with laughing robots would be a little eerie. More so when you open the door and they stop laughing 8230;....
- robtbrown: Fr Z says, I can’t shake the suspicion that they think that if priestly celibacy isn’t taken down, then it will be much harder to force a change to the CCC on homosexual ity. If I might,...
- pray4truth: Printed/co pied and pasted the prayer so I can say it every day, bought a tee shirt for hubby and hoodie for me, and shared on FB!
- Missouri Knight: Amen, and purchased! Thank you for the awareness, Fr. Z!
- Semper Gumby: acardnal: You’ re right, there̵ 7;s a field manual for everything . The best, of course, is: The Chow Hall- A User’ ;s Manual. Anyway, GHP’ s comment about...
- Clinton R.: Through the Intercessi on of Archbishop Fulton Sheen, may Fr. Christense n be healed in Our Lord’ ;s Holy Name.
- THREEHEARTS: mike hurcum writes try https://ww w.lifesite news.com/n ews/abp-vi gano-denou nces-bened icts-secre tary-for-a busive-and -systemati c-control- of-pope-em eritus I have had trouble...
- catholicjen: I had an advanced class license that I stupidly let lapse. Hopefully at some point I can work on the no-code license to at least get my call sign back, then, perhaps, go for higher-...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A note of thanks. Mass for Benefactors.
- Remember #UniteTheClans ? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST for a young priest diagnosed with ALS – #padresfight
- WDTPRS – 2nd Ordinary (NO) & 2nd Sunday after Epiphany (TLM): God knows our needs better than we do.
- Card. Sarah has met with Benedict XVI as the haters stir “incessant, nauseating, dishonest controversy” #BOOKGATE
- UPDATE! ASK FATHER: Use of a Catholic church for the “ordination” of woman Episcopalian “bishop”
- ASK FATHER: I discovered that the hosts used are from flour of a variety of grains. What to do?
- “Let the Jesuits come to me. With hands in the air and without algorithms.” Fr. Z says: Let the Jesuits GO TO CHINA.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio Thursday – ZedNet reminder and a throat tightener
- Some stuff from my mail
- My View For Awhile: north
- More about #BOOKGATE and a Litany Against Modernists
- UPDATE – HILARITY ENSUES- Lib reactions to the new book from Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- To save the world, we have to save the liturgy. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Summary of FACTS about the controversial new book by BOTH Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- 14 January – Festum Asinorum #FeastoftheAss Day! (No, it’s not a special Jesuit holiday.)
- Letter from Card. Sarah in which he forgives his persecutors
- “With all the priests, we pray: Save us, Lord, we perish!” A snippet from the new Benedict/Sarah book
- FIRST REMARKS about the new book by Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Holy Family/Baptism – 2020 – Fr. Z rants about word accents and microphones
- ASK FATHER: Why can’t I confess my sins to God and not the priest?
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Extend your family bond around someone you know who has no one else
- 2020 March for Life Friday 24 January & West Coast Walk for Life Saturday 25 January
- Card. Sarah: “Catholics can no longer remain silent.”
- ATTENTION: Blog SHUT DOWN and a REPEAT APPEAL
- The “Great Progressive Propaganda Machine”, Totalitarian Agendas, Incrementalism, and YOU – Wherein Fr. Z rants
- Chinese Joseph Card. Zen’s Open Letter to all the other Cardinals
- ROME: NEW Traditional Mass location
- My View For Awhile: Warmer
- PHOTOS: Blessing Epiphany Water 2020
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: New York Times
The liberal juggernaut … libbernaut? … is well-connected and organized. They work together. Perhaps you saw the NYT’s piece (aka Hell’s Bible) which managed (through fake news) to make an absurd connection between Card. Burke (whom libs hate with the … Continue reading
I point the readership to two must-read pieces. First, in of all places the New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible), an op-ed by Matthew Schmitz of First Things. “Has Pope Francis Failed?” Next, Carl Olson’s opinion piece at Catholic World Report, which … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
Ross Douthat is not lying down and letting the effete liberal catholic academic mafia kick him. He has declared war. Rather, perhaps he has openly stated that a state of war does in fact exist – he didn’t start it – and that … Continue reading
The New York Time’s (aka Hell’s Bible) took money for an anti-Catholic full-page ad featuring the racist Margaret Sanger. From American Thinker: Anti-Catholic full-page ad in the New York Times today By Ed Lasky The Hobby Lobby decision has ignited … Continue reading
Even the New York Times (usually aka Hell’s Bible… but not today!) has taken notice of what is going on in New York City with the parish of Holy Innocents in midtown Manhattan’s Garment District. My emphases. I would post … Continue reading
At Hell’s Bible today (aka NYT) we have a good example of how twisted things are now. There is a front page article about the death of a pornographer, Al Goldstein, with a photo, and a shot of his pornographic … Continue reading
I am – horribile scriptu – considering subscribing to the online New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible) for the duration of all the papal stuff going on. Know your enemy, after all. Even as I think about this, I keep … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: New York Times Finds Good Nuns September 18, 2012 Bill Donohue comments on an editorial in today’s New York Times: The editorial, “Speaking the Truth to the Vatican,” sounds so macho, especially coming from the unmanly … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: COVER-UP AT NYT AND WASH POST May 7, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on editorials that appear today in the New York Times and Washington Post: Both of these newspapers misstate the facts, fail … Continue reading
Those of you who wonder why the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the American Bishops initiated a reform of the leadership of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), should take a little trip down memory lane. … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: FRONTAL ASSAULT ON CATHOLICISM MARCH 9, 2012 BY ADMIN Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: Never has there been a more vicious anti-Catholic advertisement in a prominent American newspaper than the one in today’s … Continue reading
MSNBC, Hell’s Bible, and their treatment of anything or anyone truly Catholic. What could go wrong? From The Catholic League: MSNBC OUTDOES NEW YORK TIMES Catholic League president Bill Donohue discusses how MSNBC outdid the New York Times’ recent attack … Continue reading
Archbishop Dolan of New York City (will he be named Cardinal tomorrow?) has observations about Hell’s Bible’s hatred for the Catholic Church. My emphases. More from the Times I know, I should drop it. “You just have to get used … Continue reading
From The Catholic League with my emphases and comments: BOSTON GLOBE & NYT LACK "ZERO TOLERANCE" RULE Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: Yesterday, a Boston Globe editorial unfavorably compared the Vatican to the American bishops, saying that … Continue reading