SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on ROME 23/04 – Day 01: Arrival: “CURATE: Funny you should mention that. In the last two weeks I’ve had the same comment from a couple others,…”
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 702: “1…hxg5 (forced to prevent White from promoting in 3 moves) Now, White will soon be in Zugzwang. For example: 2.…”
- Julia_Augusta on ROME 23/04 – Day 01: Arrival: “Hope to see you at Trinita dei Pellegrini for the blessing of the Palms, and throughout the week, esp. Tenebrae.”
- monstrance on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “Send this tune immediately over to the CIA terrorists interrogators to be alternated with water boarding.”
- Gregg the Obscure on ROME 23/04 – Day 01: Arrival: “hoping you enjoyed the G&T. it’s about time for one here now”
- Not on ROME 23/04 – Day 01: Arrival: “The red drink is yours, don’t want tea or the Pope in the tea cup. Not to be confused with…”
- jaykay on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: ““Different times, before the sunshine”. The eternal sunshine of the clueless mind.”
- Curate on ROME 23/04 – Day 01: Arrival: “I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we’re looking forward to the loads of photos you’ll…”
- Dave P. on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “I just sent the link to my Latin-Mass-loving 13-year-old son. His reply will likely melt my phone…”
- BobM on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “The linked song – excerpt from the singer/songwriter’s wikipedia: “…Ray Repp was married to, and lived with, his husband of…”
- DanW on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “OMG, I had to immidiatly look up “How do you get rid of an earworm?””
- IaninEngland on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “What a rubbish song that is! Utterly vacuous; shallow and meaningless. I rather think Kumbaya has more to it.”
- FRLBJ on LENTCAzT 2023 – 39: Saturday Passiontide – The hour is coming.: “Thanks for these Lentencasts, Fr. Z? Would it be possible in better times to actually do the processions from church…”
- Irish Timothy on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “‘ Frisky guitar playing.…….’ Baahahahhahahaha!!!! Thanks for the laugh Father! I clicked on the link……..oh man. Should I go hug…”
- hwriggles4 on My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!: “Have a safe trip Fr. Z. Maybe Delta now has some 787s or A350s. I think the A330 is being…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- 1987: Faithful Catholics locked out of their church on Palm Sunday employ a battering ram
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 40: Palm Sunday – Hosanna… now.
- ROME 23/04 – Day 01: Arrival
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 39: Saturday Passiontide – The hour is coming.
- My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-31 – Meeting with clergy
- 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war
- Daily Rome Shot 706
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 38: Friday Passiontide – Our Lady of Sorrows
- Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son
- UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn
- Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media
- Daily Rome Shot 704
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Washington Post
“PO SI JIU!” RED GUARDS ARISE! CRUSH THE REACTIONARIES!
The liberal juggernaut … libbernaut? … is well-connected and organized. They work together. Perhaps you saw the NYT’s piece (aka Hell’s Bible) which managed (through fake news) to make an absurd connection between Card. Burke (whom libs hate with the … Read More
WaPo and lefty, pro-homosexual advocacy “journalism”
There is an interesting piece at The American Conservative which illustrates an obvious problem in the mainstream media. Rod Dreher nailed this one. Dreher looks into WaPo‘s commentary an exchange between an editor, a journalist, and a concerned reader. The point made … Read More
“Sisters for Obama?” Oh… that’s not… right… no….
My stomach turned as a I saw on the site of WaPo some photos of the preparation for the inauguration of the President – you know the one – tomorrow. No no no. That’s just wrong. I’d like to know who … Read More
The Catholic League about Hell’s Bible and WaPo deceptions
From the Catholic League: COVER-UP AT NYT AND WASH POST May 7, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on editorials that appear today in the New York Times and Washington Post: Both of these newspapers misstate the facts, fail … Read More
Curious development with that WaPo POLL about altar girls!
Remember that recent Washington Post poll about altar girls? The poll shifted after I posted about it. An reader alerted me to the fact that something rather odd has occurred. You decide. Here is how things stood and how they … Read More
USCCB Media Blog: anti-Catholic bias at HHS (Obama Administration)
Over at the USCCB’s Media Blog, Sr. Mary Ann Walsh has an interesting post. Here is the first part. This gives us another example of how the war on the Catholic Church is manifesting itself in the public square: HHS … Read More
WaPo on the new translation and an “ineffable” sighting!
Just what you were waiting for. WaPo on the implementation of the new, corrected translation. Catholics’ Mass liturgy changing; ‘ritual whiplash’ ahead? By Michelle Boorstein, Published: October 27 English-speaking Catholics are bracing for the biggest changes to their Mass since … Read More
Does this seem to you to be a new journalistic low?
I haven’t ever heard of anything like this, except in my sometime-interest in astronomy, when people were recruited to monitor big listening arrays or perhaps help map the genome. The Washington Post has asked for 100 volunteer readers to go … Read More
Fr. Z in WaPo on John Paul II’s beatification
I have a piece in the Washington Post today at their invitation. The typo, rather omission, in the second paragraph (as it appears in the online version as I write) is good for my humility. Many argue that John Paul … Read More
POLL ALERT! WaPo on religious freedom of military chaplains and homosexuals
POLL ALERT! The Washington Post has a rather slimy question with a poll concerning religious freedom and the US Military, especially in regard to “don’t ask – don’t tell”, which concerns the identity of homosexuals. Here is the WaPo text: … Read More
OpEd piece for the Washington Post
Some of the commentators who have added their opinions in the combox after my OpEd in WaPo really need your help. A few contributors can both read and think, but there are some deeply confused people over there. And a … Read More