Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- cyrillist said My overall take on Paglia: Very intelligent, very...
- Aquinas Gal said These cultural treasures can never be replaced. Th...
- Irradiated said It can also be used as a screensaver by following...
- ocalatrad said “Barbarians” is right. These people ma...
- dans0622 said We should compare past US school lunches to today&...
- Supertradmum said Having eaten many times in schools in France and E...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said If one wants to understand the darker side of huma...
- McCall1981 said https://mobile.twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/...
- ocalatrad said Welcome to the USSSA! I get indigestion just recal...
- KAS said Some of us actually avoid processed goods and eat...
- tominrichmond said ” brooding guilt and ranting fanaticism.R...
- jhayes said Don’t think I’ve heard this explained...
- northernhermit said Did you notice how the article mentioned that the...
- northernhermit said I have seen comparisons of peoples diets around th...
- Dr. Edward Peters said How do they get any work done up there?
- ray from mn said How long will we have to wait before Pope Francis...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Benedetta, While homeschooling may be an idea...
- benedetta said That set of photos may be just a “visual fac...
- Fr Martin Fox said In fairness to Mrs. Obama, school lunches in the U...
- Admiral-GER said @Father Z.: your “Brazil” is in fact &...
- HeatherPA said Thanks for the link teachermom24. I legit laughed...
- benedetta said Just yet another reason establishing that when a f...
- Sonshine135 said I have to agree with teachermom24. This appears to...
- The Masked Chicken said I would like to apologize for my last comment. I...
- LA said I once wrote to the Holy Father about the Tridenti...
- teachermom24 said With all due respect (and acknowledgment of the de...
- catholictrad said Could be they need a quality porn-blocker on the V...
- Faith said Wait. Isn’t our lunch, their dinner? If it...
- RAve said The cynic might suggest that our First Lady is jus...
- jflare said “Do people in the US also use the expression...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday of the 1st Week of Lent
- “O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon”
- OLDIE: Images of the Basilica of St. Peter on this Feast of the Cathedra
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: anti-Christian
More from the Religion of Peace in Egypt.
CAIRO (AP) — After torching a Franciscan school, Islamists paraded three nuns on the streets like “prisoners of war” before a Muslim woman offered them refuge. Two other women working at the … Continue reading
The MSM and entertainment industry take pains to portray homosexuals (whom they include in their TV shows at a higher percentage than represented in the population watching the shows) as cool, with it, sophisticated, more balanced and poised than their … Continue reading
We Catholic citizens of these USA need to support the Archdiocese for Military Services.
From National Catholic Register:
Religion in U.S. Military Policy
The Family Research Council’s report notes that pressure to impose ’a secular, anti-religious culture’ has intensified over the last six … Continue reading
There is a link to a petition, below and HERE.
Summon to your minds what Pres. Obama has done over the last few years to undermine religious liberty. Consider what he has done concerning the military. Remember how the Army wanted … Continue reading
On the TV series The West Wing you learn about “taking out the trash”. That is, the White House releases what might be potentially problematic news on a Friday, so that things can calm down over the weekend and other stories … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
Christmas Vandals Never Quit
December 19, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on Christmas vandals:
Every year at Christmastime, incidents of vandalism are rampant, and while this year was not as bad as last year, there still were too … Continue reading
UK: Legal path set to deny charitable status to Church which exclude anyone from Communion, sacraments
Tales of the Bizarre.
This is from LifeNews:
UK Catholics might lose charitable status for not offering communion to everyone
BY HILARY WHITE
LONDON, November 7, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Conservative Party MP has accused the government’s Charity Commission of attempting to suppress Christianity … Continue reading
Here is a video from just after the Democrats’ Convention.
If only our own bishops would speak with this clarity and righteous anger.
Watch and learn.
Note his explanation of how insulting to black people it is to claim that denial of the … Continue reading
The fight for our religious liberty is really just beginning.
Remember how Pres. Obama said at Notre Shame that he was interested in “common ground”? Remember what he promised Card. Dolan?
I was sent this list by a reader. It recounts … Continue reading