Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Sonshine135 said Thank you Father Z. This was truly a blessed and s...
- Fr Martin Fox said Robt Brown: Yes, I was alluding to that.
- benedetta said Pastrami you say? Super!
- robtbrown said Fr Martin Fox Have you been on the scavi tour?
- RichR said Dr. Peters, you made me truly LOL
- RichR said Mindlessness has it’s attraction…̷
- Fr_Sotelo said They are trying to give St. Francis competition a...
- lana said frjim, that is great! I never hear about baptisma...
- Papabile said I love Tenebrae. Unfortunately, there is no such t...
- AnAmericanMother said Obviously this John Donoghue was educated well bey...
- frjim4321 said Focused on the baptismal promises and our renewal...
- Dr. Edward Peters said What crud. It’s not even clever crud. ItR...
- Torpedo1 said a beautiful 8:30 morning Mass at St. Agnes. Father...
- tmitchell said Sorry, I posted too soon. He used that to talk abo...
- PhilipNeri said His resurrection from an ignominious death gathers...
- tmitchell said The vigil homily was a shirt reflection on steward...
- semperficatholic said This is offensive to me; I can’t imagine how...
- incredulous said Common theme? Disobedient women, a la Eve. Weak...
- mburn16 said Father uses the same homily for the Easter Vigil t...
- James Joseph said Regarding John Donahue. He was Father John Donahue...
- O. Possum said Thank you for this, Fr. Z. Received Confirmation a...
- Absit invidia said Idolaters. I think we prayed for their return fro...
- rodin said The Notre Dame sisters who taught me in high schoo...
- Lucchesi said The silence of the sepulcher is the silence of the...
- bernadette said I guess that the Notre Dame Sisters is one of thos...
- lh said What are they smoking?
- jameeka said Father Z, thank you for teaching us that Mass is a...
- Mike said Wow. These ladies need to read the Gospels. Maybe...
- Fr Martin Fox said I had mostly the same homily for the Vigil Mass an...
- Quanah said Father gave a great call to everyone to come join...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Benedict XVI’s resignation
There is a small candlelight vigil being held in St. Peter’s Square beneath the Holy Father’s window.
Some webcam shots:
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI’s resignation
QUAERITUR: Can we obtain indulgences and pray for Holy Father’s intentions if there is no Holy Father?
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Many people have sent email asking about obtaining indulgences during the time when the See of Peter is empty, as will happen from 8 p.m. Rome time on 28 February until a new Bishop of … Continue reading
Your Excellencies! Fathers! Plans for 28 February? Masses for the Pope? For the Election? Bells? Processions? Prayers?
To all bishops and priests out there….
Do you have any special plans for 28 February? After?
His Holiness ceases to be Pope, Bishop of Rome, and becomes “Pontiff Emeritus” at exactly 20:00 Central European Time on 28 February. Have you worked … Continue reading
Benedict XVI to be called “Pontiff Emeritus” or “Pope Emeritus” and some other end-of-Pontificate details
BENEDICT XVI WILL BE POPE EMERITUS
Vatican City, 26 February 2013 (VIS) – Benedict XVI will be “Pontiff emeritus” [would that be "Roman Pontiff Emeritus"?] or “Pope emeritus”, as Fr. Federico Lombardi, S.J., director of the Holy See Press Office, … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is STILL POPE, until 20:00 Rome Time on 28 February.
Have you worked out where you will be?
I suggested a project using Twitter HERE.
Let’s create a “stack” of tweets during the day. Concentrate your effort on a Tuesday (when the Roman … Continue reading
The Holy Father – Pope Benedict XVI now gloriously reigning – released a Motu Proprio (in Latin) by which he empowers the Cardinal Electors to move forward the day of the beginning of the conclave.
The canonist Ed Peters has looked … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Robert Pasley of Mater Ecclesiae parish in Berlin, NJ sent this:
We, at Mater Ecclesiae, in Berlin NJ, owe a great debt of thanks to Pope Benedict XVI. We will always have a very special place for him … Continue reading
I am in general a nihil innovetur kind of guy, but here is a change I can believe in.
Pope Benedict changes rituals for new pope’s inauguration
By Cindy Wooden
Catholic News Service
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — Pope Benedict XVI has ordered several … Continue reading