When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- pseudomodo said I was wondering when someone was going to bring u...
- TomD said “. . . they should have oversight of doctrin...
- Charles E Flynn said Is John’s cave at Patmos available? There co...
- benedetta said My apologies to the friar in the video but the mom...
- Michael_Thoma said That’s what happens when you lose your pick...
- aquinas138 said pelerin, I would like to think that is true, but s...
- pelerin said No I think they are stupefied.
- CatherineTherese said Most exasperating to me is the 11 (per my count) o...
- pelerin said Have looked the dancer up and see that he is a Bel...
- pelerin said He must be practising for April Fools Day. Not qui...
- Kathleen10 said It is ugly to see authority abused. They should b...
- Gabriel Syme said Kill it with fire!
- Grateful to be Catholic said This is why Card. Ratzinger said there is no place...
- jbpolhamus said I love/hate to see duplicitous prevarication of su...
- iamlucky13 said The Hokey-Pokey is miles ahead of whatever that wa...
- Tantum Ergo said Could have been worse. It could have been the Hoke...
- Kathleen10 said Oh God, let it be so. Amen.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said 1 minute in I was flabbergasted how there could po...
- Kathleen10 said Somebody accidentally checked off “theology&...
- Nathan Barontini said For some reason this line from C.S. Lewis’ &...
- Aquinas Gal said By all of these things, the priests and bishops ar...
- Robbie said I had much the same thought as I read several of t...
- Imrahil said Dear Joseph-Marie, that doesn’t fit but stil...
- David in T.O. said As one who has personally felt the sting of someon...
- LOTH said Prof. Esolen has also created a masterful DVD seri...
- donato2 said Cardinal Marx sounds like the child who in a fit o...
- Michael in NoVA said Why not leave doctrinal decisions to regional conf...
- juergensen said Pray for Cardinal Müller, that God grant him the s...
- Benedict Joseph said Surely there has been no turn to orthodoxy since t...
- ConstantlyConverting said “Were such a thing approved, I believe I mig...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
- ASK FATHER: Can confessions be heard during Mass in the Extraordinary Form?
- English translation problem on Vatican website of key paragraph of an important document
- LENTCAzT 34: Monday of the 5th Week of Lent – UPDATED
- Great news!
- POLL: Covering images for 1st Passion Sunday, 5th Sunday of Lent
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 33: 5th Sunday of Lent
- My View For Awhile: Home again home again…
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get baptism certificate. Can we still get married?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Benedict XVI’s resignation
I am in general a nihil innovetur kind of guy, but here is a change I can believe in.
Pope Benedict changes rituals for new pope’s inauguration
By Cindy Wooden
Catholic News Service
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — Pope Benedict XVI has ordered several … Continue reading
The Committee To Re-Elect The Pope was formed on the day Pope Benedict announced his resignation.
We all, I think, want a man who stands in continuity with Benedict and understands and share his vision about a range of things, including … Continue reading
One of the more entertaining aspects of a papal election is speculation not only about whom the Cardinal Electors will choose, but what the new Pope’s name will be.
Entertaining, yes, but there is a serious side to it. John Paul … Continue reading
When Pope Benedict announced his impending departure into the sunset, the first thing that stood out in Obama’s statement was that he made the situation about himself. Someone else had the same reaction
I picked this up from The Right’s … Continue reading
My friend the great Roman Fabrizio sent me an article about an initiative of support in Rome for Pope Benedict in his last days as Bishop of Rome.
At CulturaCattolica.it we read:
On 27 February, His Holiness Benedict XVI’s last evening in … Continue reading
I have not written much about whom I believe the new Pope ought to be, nor about whom I think the next Pope will be. Yes, I have thought through both. I am prepared to talk about them both in … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible has a piece about one way some people are trying to “revitalize” the Catholic Church in Brazil. Rather, this is how Hell’s Bible and those who work for the enemy against the Church want the Church to try … Continue reading
With affection and appreciation.
Click HERE for bumper stickers, car magnets, even yard signs and car flags.
And we have to have some Latin…
And just for nice…
At the end of the Holy Father’s last public Mass as Bishop of Rome.