Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- monstrance: Julia – BINGO
- Nan: A friend sent me a copy of his mom’ s beautiful little self published cookbook, filled with family recipes, some for lent. I went to a fish fry at the parish my friends son goes to...
- THREEHEARTS: un-ionized - Thank you for your understand ing. I was not and am still not very brave. 80 years a catholic man. It was hard I went to school with boys who became priests and I was on...
- Joe in Canada: Her comments about what he “sai d and did on the first day” , and the implicatio n that the Archbishop supports him, seems to imply that he had some sort of mission from...
- Peter Ignotus: I realize this doesn’t carry much weight, nor should it. I’d delete my original comment if I could. My concern is that some will equate pissing people off with success, when in fact...
- PetersBarque: So this Jezebel—I mean Maureen—ha s taken it upon herself to speak for the whole kit and caboodle parish with the disrespect and snobbery spewed forth in this vicious diatribe. And...
- Roy Hobbs: Is there any other context of the situation( s) of which this letter alludes? It’s difficult to read the way it is, and some context would help. Otherwise, this lady is sound...
- straphaelguy: Padding has been ordered for the communion rails at my parish. It seems we will soon be making use of them again!
- monstrance: I never would have imagined the Tansmanian Devil a modernist.
- TKS: I just checked out his parish website. Many Latin Masses.
- Sue in soCal: Not being a priest, I can still sympathize . My husband, one of my adult sons, and I have moved from a more traditiona l parish (no Latin Mass but plenty of incense, adorati...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: ALL: Say a prayer to everyone 8217;s Guardian Angels now, including the angels who guard Bp. Elliot, an old acquaintan ce of mine. Bp. Elliot will visit the parish to see...
- Julia_Augusta: Andrew is correct. If you do a Google search, you will see Maureen Bennett 217;s photo, together with another woman in the Tasmanian Catholic, Volume 3, Issue 3 2007, page 14, in...
- Scout: From https://ww w.facebook .com/holyw oundslatin massguild/ posts/2094 5614673011 01 Communicat ion from the Archbishop 20 March 2019 Having received a number of emails expressing conce...
- SanSan: So sorry Fr. Nicholas Rynne. This woman is out of line and so unchristia n in her remarks. My goodness, we don’ t have to agree with everyone, but must we be so vile?
- Gab: If anyone wants to send an email of support and thanks to Fr Rynne https://ho bart.catho lic.org.au /church/ho ly-trinity -westbury
- tho: As I noted from a sentence in her letter that she downplays the fear of God, I have read that such a sentiment is the beginning of wisdom. Sadly there are many Maureen 217;s out there,...
- Gab: What a tiresome thing to read. Why are liberal catholics so mouthy? “Oh Father has a difficult personalit y!”. Oh boo-hoo. A lot of people have difficult personalit es and they...
- JARay: If I get to Tasmania (something which I have been contemplat ing doing for some time) I must make it my business to seek out Fr. Rynne in Elizabeth Town in order to congratula te him. I...
- Charivari Rob: “You rs sincerely& #8221; Way to stay classy, Maureen. In a civil society, form must be observed. “we can only judge by Maureen’s own account. 8221; Why would anyone...
- BrionyB: Perhaps Fr Rynne does have what some would call a ‘difficult personalit y’ – I have heard he requested to go to this parish knowing that it would be a challenge, which suggests he...
- Fallibilissimo: Well, that’ ;s impressive . Looking at those young people together, holding each other, singing in a great big circle reminds me of something Gustave Doré would engrave from...
- bookworm: Oh wow, I wish I’d been there! There was also a HUGE pro-life rally earlier this week (Wednesday , March 20) that drew over 3,000 peopleR 30;. between that crowd, a smaller...
- MaHrad: All the more reason to make sure we tell good priests how much we appreciate what they do and how they put themselves on the line. A lot of us don’ t realize how much heat they take...
- mo7: She sounds like Susan from the parish council. lol Today the Cardinal Archbishop of New York recommende d a book by Cdl. John Henry Newman and apologized for it Latin title, so Maureen is just...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Bp. Slattery
As you may have heard, some nitwits have scheduled use of a public venue in Oklahoma City for the purpose of a Satanic Black Mass. It is unclear if they have a consecrated Host. This is, I think, mostly a … Continue reading
I think the world of Bp. Slattery of the Diocese of Tulsa. He initiated a liturgical renewal in the diocese, he has been supportive of the Clear Creek Monastery, he sponsored workshops for exorcists. A few more bishops like this … Continue reading
I am in Tulsa! There is a conference for priests on exorcism sponsored by the Diocese and Bp. Slattery which I have wanted to attend for the last three years. The evening began, however, with sung (Novus Ordo) vespers in … Continue reading
Recently His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke visited Clear Creek Monastery within the Diocese of Tulsa, which the wonderful Bp. Slattery reigns: [wp_youtube]zcOTkbhlEIg[/wp_youtube]
Once again the Te Deum Institute of Sacred Liturgy, in Tulsa, OK, is sponsoring a workshop for priests on Exorcism, Angelology, Demonology. I will remind you that Tulsa is where the outstanding Bp. Edward Slattery reigns felicitously. He has done a … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery, Bishop of Tulsa, has issued his statement about Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment, on religious liberty, and on the Catholic Church. He provides also a video. He calls the mandate “evil”. I … Continue reading
REPOSTING: For the second year, the Diocese of Tulsa is putting on a conference for priests… priests, not lay people… on the Rite of Exorcism in the Latin Church, which will include also study of the Extraordinary Form, pre-Conciliar Rite. … Continue reading
Happy news was related to me via email. One of WDTPRS’s favorite American bishops, His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma found a place for the FSSP in Broken Arrow, home of one of the great pitchers of … Continue reading
This is a note explicitly for priests. Again, we are given an example of how Bp. Slattery of Tulsa is standing up and doing his work. Every diocese should have an appointed exorcist. I believe this is not always the … Continue reading
The National Catholic Fishwrap reproduced on its site a talk given by South African Bishop Kevin Dowling (about whom WDTPRS has written before). I think they were especially interested to support Bp. Dowling’s talk, because he attacks what he called … Continue reading
I recommended (HERE) that you who attended the Pontifical Mass on 24 April in Washington DC, or who watched it on TV, send Bishop Slattery of Tulsa, the celebrant, a note of thanks via the combox on the blog of … Continue reading
Here is the audio of Bp. Edward Slattery’s marvelous sermon at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Amazing. Bp. Slattery, of Tulsa, Oklahoma, stepped up and made himself available to be celebrant for the Pontifical Mass in the older, traditional … Continue reading
I just received noticed that His Excellency Edward Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma, has stepped up and will be the celebrant for the Pontifical Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC on Saturday 24 April. This is … Continue reading