HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Diane: They look delish, Father!
- Michael Haz: Cooking versus baking: cooking is art, baking is science.
- tho: In my opinion, as a layman, I can think of no other act by a priest, that manifests his dignity and reverence so well as when he is saying the TLM. Concelebra ted masses, especially with a...
- Bthompson: @CatholicT echGeek When you speak of priests “dre ssing down,̶ 1; do you mean: Priests ought not function at Mass in the manner of lower grades of Orders at all, Priests ought...
- ChesterFrank: I am no expert, but I suspect the temperatur e of the milk might influence to results. My guess leans towards room temperatur e rather than ice cold from the refrigerat or. I could...
- andy1_p: Please pray for a little boy from our TLM community who has recently been taken ill with possible leukemia.
- Stefan: Hi Fr. Z, One of my patron saints is St. Mary Magdalene; may she pray for us. I suggest figuring out what your oven is doing by using a high accuracy, digital thermomete r for your stove....
- Sandy: We are selling our house and have some interest in it. I am praying that we will choose the person/off er that is God’ s will and the one that will be a smooth process without probl...
- Dick Verbo: I always save some for July 25 (Thursday) , the Feast of St James. [I will not only save some, I think I’ll try making them again, with some of the tips I’ve been getting.]
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: For the repose of the soul of my father, who died on the first Friday of July.
- Anneliese: Please for pray for two of my friends, who are both Dominican friars. They are each starting new chapters in their lives. Please pray for the G family. Please pray for R to finish her...
- teomatteo: You know more than moi but I use MarthaR 17;s recipe and my wife is impressed with my results. And to impress my wife is a Good Thing.
- kat: For my mom’s eye to heal; and for her to get a larger apartment very soon, and on the first floor, so she doesn’t have to climb the steep steps.
- APX: FYI: the standard sized egg used in recipes is large unless otherwise specified.
- CatholicNerdGirl: Please, friends, pray fervently for the success of our adoption. We have had our dear baby girl since she was two weeks old and she will be two years old in September. She came...
- Tina in Ashburn: Please pray for our intentions – we desperatel y need to sell a house quickly. Also pray for the quick healing of my broken leg. So much to do and I sit helplessly . And many...
- chantgirl: Martin is just the American mouthpiece of the German Bishops. This is a coordinate d media blitz which is supposed to soften the ground ahead of the Amazoniacs Synod: https://ww w.life...
- Liz: Please continue to pray for Cardinal Pell (Archbisho p Vigano, hiding priests 211;well all suffering priests.)
- aviva meriam: Please pray for me: my family is in transition and I have three intentions .
- Filiolus: Please pray that my wife’ ;s upcoming labor and delivery is safe for her and the baby.
- Katherine: OK, I’ll bite. Since Fr. Martin criticizes his Church for its treatment of women, and Fr. Z has beautifull y demonstrat ed the state of women in the Jesuit arena, a wag might say:...
- Catholic Tech Geek: Concelebra tion makes sense within the context of the eastern churches. There is a (unwritten ) rule which says that only 1 Divine Liturgy can be celebrated on a given altar per...
- BaldMonk: I love this! This is sooooo catechetic al. I will share for sure.
- Ellen: Please pray for me. I am having cataract surgery in September.
- iamlucky13: I’m puzzled by this. Has any figure made a written argument against private Masses? I’m sure they wouldnR 17;t be as bold as to openly argue it’s a traditiona l...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Remembrance of Madeleines Past
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Concelebration, the rights of priests, and changing times
- @JamesMartinSJ – “It is stupefying that women can’t preach”, says the Jesuit. Oh, yeah? Here’s what’s truly stupefying.
- GREAT NEWS! Bp. Wall of @DioceseofGallup will celebrate Sundays ‘ad orientem’
- Earth’s Circular Shadow on the Moon – observed by Aristotle
- VIDEO which could help some participate more fully at the Traditional Latin Mass (and probably Novus Ordo too)
- 22 July: Mary Magdalene – one tough cookie
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad. UPDATES
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Bp. Slattery
As you may have heard, some nitwits have scheduled use of a public venue in Oklahoma City for the purpose of a Satanic Black Mass. It is unclear if they have a consecrated Host. This is, I think, mostly a … Continue reading
I think the world of Bp. Slattery of the Diocese of Tulsa. He initiated a liturgical renewal in the diocese, he has been supportive of the Clear Creek Monastery, he sponsored workshops for exorcists. A few more bishops like this … Continue reading
I am in Tulsa! There is a conference for priests on exorcism sponsored by the Diocese and Bp. Slattery which I have wanted to attend for the last three years. The evening began, however, with sung (Novus Ordo) vespers in … Continue reading
Recently His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke visited Clear Creek Monastery within the Diocese of Tulsa, which the wonderful Bp. Slattery reigns: [wp_youtube]zcOTkbhlEIg[/wp_youtube]
Once again the Te Deum Institute of Sacred Liturgy, in Tulsa, OK, is sponsoring a workshop for priests on Exorcism, Angelology, Demonology. I will remind you that Tulsa is where the outstanding Bp. Edward Slattery reigns felicitously. He has done a … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery, Bishop of Tulsa, has issued his statement about Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment, on religious liberty, and on the Catholic Church. He provides also a video. He calls the mandate “evil”. I … Continue reading
REPOSTING: For the second year, the Diocese of Tulsa is putting on a conference for priests… priests, not lay people… on the Rite of Exorcism in the Latin Church, which will include also study of the Extraordinary Form, pre-Conciliar Rite. … Continue reading
Happy news was related to me via email. One of WDTPRS’s favorite American bishops, His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma found a place for the FSSP in Broken Arrow, home of one of the great pitchers of … Continue reading
This is a note explicitly for priests. Again, we are given an example of how Bp. Slattery of Tulsa is standing up and doing his work. Every diocese should have an appointed exorcist. I believe this is not always the … Continue reading
The National Catholic Fishwrap reproduced on its site a talk given by South African Bishop Kevin Dowling (about whom WDTPRS has written before). I think they were especially interested to support Bp. Dowling’s talk, because he attacks what he called … Continue reading
I recommended (HERE) that you who attended the Pontifical Mass on 24 April in Washington DC, or who watched it on TV, send Bishop Slattery of Tulsa, the celebrant, a note of thanks via the combox on the blog of … Continue reading
Here is the audio of Bp. Edward Slattery’s marvelous sermon at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Amazing. Bp. Slattery, of Tulsa, Oklahoma, stepped up and made himself available to be celebrant for the Pontifical Mass in the older, traditional … Continue reading
I just received noticed that His Excellency Edward Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma, has stepped up and will be the celebrant for the Pontifical Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC on Saturday 24 April. This is … Continue reading