SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- It’s not just the numbers right now, it’s the rate of growth.
- VIDEO: On Sunday, Bp. Thomas Tobin of Providence visited the parish entrusted to the FSSP. Terrific. Exemplary.
- Powerful denunciation of Traditionis custodes … by a bishop.
- 26 July: Wherein Fr. Z asks St Ann to: “Soften the hearts of all those who will now be involved with the implementation of Traditionis custodes.”
- Five years ago today.
- Daily Rome Shot 228
- A particular word in the Collect for St. James
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 25 July ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 227
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 9th Sunday after Pentecost (17th Ordinary – N.O.)
- Day 9: St. Ann Novena – “With you and Mary and all the saints…”
- Searching for Bobby Fischer’s search for the Catholic Church
- Daily Rome Shot 226
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Sin-Teflon and Demon-Kevlar
- ‘Traditionis’: a picture is worth a thousand words. Wherein Fr. Z is deeply moved.
- “Moves against the Latin Mass seems to me typical of a clerical hate towards the laity.”
- Day 8: St. Ann Novena – “Above all, obtain for me the grace…”
- VIDEO: Robert Royal and Fr. Murray on EWTN about ‘Traditionis’
- BISHOP: “Francis used a chainsaw when only a scalpel was needed.”
- Baseball’s Cleveland Indians change name to… guess what….
- BISHOPS! Have you ever seen the pain?
- Day 7: St. Ann Novena – “Cease not to intercede for me until my request is granted.”
- Latin Mass Society examination of ‘Traditiones Custodes’
- Daily Rome Shot 225
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene
- The wonders of Canon 87
- Day 6: St. Ann Novena – “Deign to commend it to your daughter…”
- Daily Rome Shot 224
- VIDEO: Francis and Bishops…. Can we count on you?
- Daily Rome Shot 223
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 5 November 2008
As I flipped around some channels during a commercial I happened on an old war horse Rocky and paused for a moment. A few seconds later, I saw this. Synchronicity. This is pretty funny… the Papist found it. You know … Read More
It was a dreadful day, and a painful as well. No I am not talking about the election results, though the election didn’t help. But the UPS truck pulled up in the darkness. I was one of his last drops, … Read More
"But Father! But Father!" some of you are writing to me. "Why don’t you permit ‘anonymous’ comments? After all, this is the internet. You can’t really know who is posting. What difference does it make?" I think Aaron Sorkin put … Read More
A question from a priest reader: I am a diocesan priest. Can I celebrate the Novus Ordo ad orientem publicly without special permission? Are there rubrics on how to celebrate ad orientem? Reverend and Dear Father, Yes, yes, yes! You … Read More
A prayer, please. I am going to have a dreadful day.
In the traditional Roman calendar, for the Extraordinary Use, today is the Feast of Holy Relics. No, we are not celebrating your superannuated pastor. If you have any relics I suggest you bring them out, perhaps put a candle by … Read More
Prediction: With the election of President Elect Obama, I think we will now see a progressivist spill over in the Catholic sphere. The progressivists will be emboldened now. They will, with their characteristic clarity of thought, connect the political shift … Read More
I hear that the count is very close, but it seems that Sen. Coleman won in MN. Thanks be to God. UPDATE: Well… I guess not.
Here is an interesting chart from Beliefnet: Weekly Churchgoers vs. Occasionals Tuesday November 4, 2008 Juxtapose this with the statement of the dissident "Catholic Democrats" put out today. Edited and with my emphases and comments. Boston, MA – The Catholic … Read More