- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Priam1184 said If the world had listened to Leo XIII in 1891 the...
- excalibur said Listening to them through iTunes on my old Powerbo...
- AnimatedCatholic said Also, I would like to apologize to you father. for...
- MangiaMamma said Well, the prayers are working here in Salem, Orego...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father, for your prayers and thank you...
- AnimatedCatholic said my opinion is exactly the same as ChrisRawlings.
- Nan said @ASPMsem, I’ll pray for your latin studies t...
- Elizium23 said Father, with all due respect. It’s a Compact...
- Bea said For the record: Joel (before judgement/nowadays wh...
- Bea said I listened. Thank you Father Z. Ah, Thomas Kempis,...
- CatholicByChoice said Thank you for this post, it was very helpful to me...
- NickD said 30 first Masses in 33 years…what glory is given to...
- GOR said I had been looking for an ‘industrial strength’ Ro...
- NickD said To answer Father’s request for better Latin,...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Elizabeth, church violence could be even more rare...
- anna 6 said I do hope that Pope Francis is having a positive e...
- AnAmericanMother said Thank you. Glad to be able to listen to these agai...
- Therese said Coren is very, very good. (Amen!)
- Lin said Thank you Father! Your podcasts are very much app...
- AnAmericanMother said Elizabeth, Fires in the home are relatively rare,...
- Venerator Sti Lot said As far as I know, ” Mr. Mandela is justly ad...
- tcreek said Legisperitus, I am surprised that you and others d...
- Hans said No actually, robtbrown, the intention to continue...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Uncle Blobb, Well, quite! But in this case the alt...
- Minnesotan from Florida said I am glad to learn from the previous posters facts...
- Uxixu said Elizabeth, why do you conflate bearing arms with a...
- Vecchio di Londra said Thank you so much, Father. Your readings from the...
- Elizabeth D said It is RARE that there is some kind of violence in...
- Elizabeth D said Uxixu wrote: “Elizabeth, it’s about the prin...
- Grabski said Data from Georgetown’s CARA center show a ri...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Rosetta Stone 50% just for a few more hours
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: HHS
FAVOR ASKED BELOW.
Supporters of the Obama Adminstration in a campaign of deceptive rhetoric are trying to tar the Church as being “political” whenever the bishops teach about matters of morals or raise their voices in the public square concerning any … Continue reading
Obama Admin’s HHS kills Texas women’s health program because State prohibits money to help Planned Parenthood
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!Planned Parenthood, founded by the eugenicist Margaret Sanger to kill off black people, the mentally challenged and other societal undesirables, now has one objective: make money from the death of babies through as many abortions … Continue reading
Pres. Obama lied to Card. Dolan. Don’t forget that.
Time and time again the White House makes sounds using words that, to reasonable, rational speakers of the English language mean one thing, but actually mean something else.
Again, I come back to … Continue reading
A few days ago Sr. Mary Ann Walsh at the USCCB Blog posted this:
Friday, March 9, 2012
Amish, Ok. Catholics, No.
The Amish are exempt from the entire health care reform law. So are members of Medi-Share, a program of Christian Care … Continue reading
From the Catholic League:
FRONTAL ASSAULT ON CATHOLICISM
MARCH 9, 2012 BY ADMIN
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows:
Never has there been a more vicious anti-Catholic advertisement in a prominent American newspaper than the one in today’s New York Times[Hell's Bible] … Continue reading
Mark Steyn has an especially mordant column on National Review Online about the nation’s new contracepting sweetheart ( for lack of a better word), Sandra Fluke. This pair of paragraphs caught my attention.
Steyn points to an ironic contradiction in the … Continue reading
From PhatMass.com, Fr. Claude Burns has a video with a message about Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment and on the Catholic Church.
“But Father! But Father!”, some of you will be saying, “Father has his back to the tabernacle!”
Yes, … Continue reading
I like this approach.
The pro-abortion, pro-infantide, anti-Catholic, anti-1st Amendment Pres. Obama – about whose scantily documented past we really don’t know very much – will be in Houston… fund-raising on the pretext of doing something “presidential”.
The Archdiocese, on the other hand, is … Continue reading
“We did not ask for this fight, but we will not run from it.”
Thus, Card. Dolan about the latest insult tossed our way by the Obama Administration.
Cardinal: Obama Admin Lectured Bishops on Catholic Teaching
by Steven Ertelt
Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the … Continue reading
Via the great Vincenzo:
Remember his promises at Notre Dame? The hopes of Card. Cottier? The excuses of Doug Kmiec? The panting of L’Osservatore Romano?
Don’t forget that Vincenzo has the Pius Clocks!
Technorati Tags: 1st Amendment, anti-catholicism, HHS, POTUS, Pres. Obama, religion