Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Legisperitus: It was 22 years ago after reading Book IV of “The Imitation of ChristR 21; that I realized I could no longer receive Our Lord in the hand or standing. A beautiful devotio...
- JustaSinner: Of course you’re a potential terrorist, Father. Haven’t you heard of the sect of priests—I believe they’re called Jesuits, that fly airplanes into buildings, trucks into crowds of...
- DMorgan: Father, I have a question concerning Pentecost and the beginning of The Church; Did the Church start on Pentecost as many proclaim or did it start at Calvary with the Blood and Water from...
- rakowskidp: Thank you for visiting us yesterday! Your sermon was outstandin g! I’d love to share it, so I’m eagerly awaiting the availabili ty of a recording.
- JonPatrick: @Carrie: As someone who grew up in a family with a pacifist father who was scarred by his experience s in WW2, I had no particular experience with firearms. But after observing the...
- Geoffrey: Mater Ecclesiae& #8230; Mother of the Church, is an image not only from St John’ ;s Gospel, but also from the Acts of the Apostles, when the 11 were gathered with the Mother of the...
- Tom Ormon II: Our homilist brought up the point that the gifts of the Spirit are meant for the Church (and not for our own personal edificatio n … i.e., we shouldn 217;t “hid eR...
- andia: At one of the parishes I attend the parochial vicar was seen several times putting the host in his pocket —- it’s not just lay people disrespect ing the Lord present in the Eucharist.
- Elizium23: A few years ago, I experience d profound reverence for the Eucharist. The faithful were hushed and reverent inside the temple. The liturgy was celebrated solemnly and according to the...
- Grant M: No, it’s not a myth. About ten years ago, while attending the vigil mass in my old parish, I noticed, during the distributi on of communion, a Host lying in the carpet between the...
- majuscule: Father talked about the gifts of the Holy Spirit and how they result (when used correctly) in the fruits of the Holy Spirit. He always has some illuminati ng things to say about Script...
- richiedel: The above post actually pertains only to the readings. Here is the Collect which the USCCB has published. O God, Father of mercies, whose Only Begotten Son, as he hung upon the Cross,...
- Eric: Dog gone it! I bought this last year as an out of print used book. This is a great book! Angelico is putting out some quality stuff.
- richiedel: The USCCB has released the propers in English here: http://www .usccb.org /about/div ine-worshi p/liturgic al-calenda r/upload/m other-of-t he-church- readings.p df
- jflare29: Hmm.. In the process of making my case, I think I accidental ly obscured a key point or two. I could live with changes in Scouting IF: – Chastity would be formally recognized as a...
- Semper Gumby: Carrie wrote at 18 May 10:41 AM: “If I die… ” This is actually positive, an acknowledg ement that you may survive, say, a Super EMP attack or a massive solar storm....
- jflare29: Mr. Alexander, For all that I understand your point, I find much of your line of argument to be quite objectiona ble. Being a former Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow inductee, and 3-time...
- Ef-lover: Pentecost in the Byzantine rite also celebrates the Holy Trinity, green vestments are used and the church is full of green vines and plants to symbolize life because the Holy Trinity...
- Dimitri_Cavalli: Fr. Martin believes calling people “ani mals” ; is “sin ful.” ; But when he smears his critics by calling them “Cat holic Alt Right,R 21; that...
- Michael Haz: Canon Estrada gave a wonderful and warm homily especially for the kids at Mass today receiving First Communion. Happiness, love of Jesus, love of each other, love of family all were...
- Nan: You may consume.
- MrsMacD: Your collar?! Hmmm… ; keeping any illegal substances in your collar Father? I bet the guy was just checking out the collar. I wonder how this thing works? Is it comfortabl e? This...
- Adaquano: Mass in OF… Our pastor ended his homily be reflecting in Mary despite having the Holy Spirit within her from the Annucation , she was present in the Upper room, praying with and for...
- Moro: I used to think this too until I was preparing to serve mass and someone brought to our attention a host that had been left on the floor. That particular chapel had so much foot traffic...
- tominrichmond: Gotta get em young. What a shame to see, year after year, each and every first communican t stick their hands out. I have little doubt that “in the hand” ; is the default...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- BACK IN PRINT! The Heresy of Formlessness
- My View For Awhile: Creston Edition
- “I used to think hosts found on floors was Traditional Catholic hyperbole…”
- Monday after Pentecost: Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church – TEXTS
- Bp. Schneider’s terrific talk in Rome – ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: As a lay woman, should I have a “Mass kit” in my “Bug Out Bag”?
- @JamesMartinSJ can also amuse
- I have bad news and good news: Scouts and Troops
- Darío Card. Castrillón Hoyos, former Pres. of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” – RIP
- Bp. Schneider on the Met “Gay-la”
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Peter Kreeft and 2018 Ignatius Pew Missal
- VIDEOS: Lessons in how properly to fold a cassock
- VIDEO: Military pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Fascinating and sad: transcript of 1976 meeting of Paul VI and SSPX Archbp. Lefebvre
- A light TEOTWAWKI moment
- @ArchbishpSample to make liturgical changes in the @archpdx
- “The Council that might have been…” but wasn’t.
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: MALAYALAM
- Justice Thomas delievers commencement address
- ASK FATHER: Timing of announcements during Holy Mass
- ASK FATHER: Religious Ed teacher controls First Communion
- My View For Awhile: Domum
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Sad: “Cranmer tables” in the Pantheon and many great Roman churches
- ¡Hagan lío! Wherein Fr. Z is pretty angry and wants to fight back
- ASK FATHER: Stuck at work for all Sunday obligation Masses
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: HHS
Yes, it’s the first full day of Spring. Birds are chirping, flowers are rising, grass is greening, trees are budding, candidates are bloviating, liberals are obfustcating, and presidents are undermining.
FAVOR ASKED BELOW.
Supporters of the Obama Adminstration in a campaign of deceptive rhetoric are trying to tar the Church as being “political” whenever the bishops teach about matters of morals or raise their voices in the public square concerning any … Continue reading
Obama Admin’s HHS kills Texas women’s health program because State prohibits money to help Planned Parenthood
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!Planned Parenthood, founded by the eugenicist Margaret Sanger to kill off black people, the mentally challenged and other societal undesirables, now has one objective: make money from the death of babies through as many abortions … Continue reading
Pres. Obama lied to Card. Dolan. Don’t forget that.
Time and time again the White House makes sounds using words that, to reasonable, rational speakers of the English language mean one thing, but actually mean something else.
Again, I come back to … Continue reading
A few days ago Sr. Mary Ann Walsh at the USCCB Blog posted this:
Friday, March 9, 2012
Amish, Ok. Catholics, No.
The Amish are exempt from the entire health care reform law. So are members of Medi-Share, a program of Christian Care … Continue reading
From the Catholic League:
FRONTAL ASSAULT ON CATHOLICISM
MARCH 9, 2012 BY ADMIN
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows:
Never has there been a more vicious anti-Catholic advertisement in a prominent American newspaper than the one in today’s New York Times[Hell’s Bible] … Continue reading
Mark Steyn has an especially mordant column on National Review Online about the nation’s new contracepting sweetheart ( for lack of a better word), Sandra Fluke. This pair of paragraphs caught my attention.
Steyn points to an ironic contradiction in the … Continue reading
From PhatMass.com, Fr. Claude Burns has a video with a message about Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment and on the Catholic Church.
“But Father! But Father!”, some of you will be saying, “Father has his back to the tabernacle!”
Yes, … Continue reading
I like this approach.
The pro-abortion, pro-infantide, anti-Catholic, anti-1st Amendment Pres. Obama – about whose scantily documented past we really don’t know very much – will be in Houston… fund-raising on the pretext of doing something “presidential”.
The Archdiocese, on the other hand, is … Continue reading
“We did not ask for this fight, but we will not run from it.”
Thus, Card. Dolan about the latest insult tossed our way by the Obama Administration.
Cardinal: Obama Admin Lectured Bishops on Catholic Teaching
by Steven Ertelt
Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the … Continue reading