HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: “Dia bolical plot.̶ 1; That’ ;s it in a nutshell with no ambiguity. The truth straight up. The Rosary is every day for years. Five more Oreos in the bag. When they...
- sendero: WmHesch; A catholic conference with priests and laity meet in a Holiday Inn combined conference rooms in Ohio annually. Why do bishops deserve differentl y? Are they not against the second...
- Julia_Augusta: I’m starting with the Ember Days – Sept 18, 20 and 21.
- JonathanTX: Only a handful of bishops are speaking out about the dangers of the Amazon Synod.. out of 5501 living bishops in the world. Are the rest complicit with the goals of the working docume...
- tho: If God forgets our sins why do we have Purgatory?
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: I’m in, but I have a clarificat ion. If one prays the familyR 17;s rosary for this intention, and doesn̵ 7;t pray a separate, distinct decade, does this satisfy...
- Gab: Dumb question but is the call to recite one decade of the Holy Rosary meant in addition to the daily Rosary already said?
- Benedict Joseph: Veritas vincit is referencin g an event in the lives of Saint Margaret Mary and the Jesuit Saint Claude de la Colombière . Picture this in the context of the great revelation of...
- Gaetano: Our pastor sent a parish-wid e email about this. We are doing it together as a family.
- matcast: When the Pope was talking about God “for getting 221; our sins, I didn’ ;t interpret it as He “for gets” ; our sins like one forgets where he or she put his or her...
- carndt: I’m in and started today.
- carndt: Going to a lecture on Spiritual Warfare at my parish tonight. Will definitely announce this.
- Elizabeth Rose: I am in, too
- maternalView: There̵ 7;s a cute little meme going around that says “whe n people bring up your past tell them Jesus stopped the charges. ” When my friends post that I respond...
- Ellen: I’m in for this.
- FN: I use FB profession ally, and do not have the option of quitting at the moment. I purposely attempt to scramble their data on me with random behavior outside the scope of my actual profess...
- SanSan: www.mylife .com is an eye openerR 30;… background check on anyone and everyone 8211;every thing from social media that you have ever been apart of is there for all to see. You...
- Glennonite: “In war, there are no lies… ;only stratagems .” 8211;Hanni bal Smith (the A-Team), quoting U.S. Grant
- GregB: I’ve never been a member of Facebook, and only rarely go there. Their ever shape-shif ting privacy policies gives me the creeps. From what I’ve read employers will often take...
- Grant M: As King T’Ch alla would say, we don’ t do that here.
- BenFischer: I thought Jesus said as much in the Divine Mercy visions (or another visionary) . St Faustian or whoever was stressing about a previously confessed sin and Jesus told her “do not be...
- donna555: Thank you so much Father. It was beautiful.
- Ellen: Our servers sometimes wear sandals (so do some of the priests who have bad feet) and so do I since I have bad feet. In the summer, Chaco sandals are the only things I can wear that donR...
- Ellen: This doesn̵ 7;t bother me too much. I get the gist of what the pope is saying even though he didn’ ;t put it too well. I have been told by many a priest that he forgets the sins he...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: The beautiful Scripture passages provided by several other commenters convey well God’ s merciful “for getfulness ” of our sins. Another that comes to...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
- Your Good News
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt
- Tech advice from readers about new computer
- “The Church of priests is coming to an end.” What’s really going on.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: NYT
This is great! Thanks to the folks at the NRA for this great way to start the day. Let’s make popcorn and watch the snowflakes freak out. Dana Loesch: We’re Coming For You New York Times
The liberal juggernaut … libbernaut? … is well-connected and organized. They work together. Perhaps you saw the NYT’s piece (aka Hell’s Bible) which managed (through fake news) to make an absurd connection between Card. Burke (whom libs hate with the … Continue reading
Dear readers… a lot of time and electrons are being spilled on Amoris laetitia these days because it may be the most important controversy of our time, with long lasting implications for doctrine on faith and morals, and on discipline. Our … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible (aka NY Times) Editor: “We don’t get religion. We don’t get the role of religion in people’s lives.”
Via Ave Maria Radio: TOP NYT EDITOR CONFESSES: WE DON’T UNDERSTAND RELIGION AT ALL [Well knock me down with a feather!] In an interview with WNYC’s “Fresh Air” The New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet admits his newspaper knows nothing … Continue reading
At Hell’s Bible today (aka NYT) we have a good example of how twisted things are now. There is a front page article about the death of a pornographer, Al Goldstein, with a photo, and a shot of his pornographic … Continue reading
Words I never thought I would write. I agree with Fr. James Martin, SJ, on this one. "Mr. Ratzinger"? Apparently The New York Times Style Manual was written by someone who was high, unconscious or both. http://t.co/b5HbCb9XeU — James Martin, … Continue reading
I am – horribile scriptu – considering subscribing to the online New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible) for the duration of all the papal stuff going on. Know your enemy, after all. Even as I think about this, I keep … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible published something by the execrable Garry Wills, who hates the Church and the Pope. His opinions are what you would expect from an angry Irish ex-Catholic. Blah blah blah. But, in case you bother to read him, don’t … Continue reading
Someone sent me a link to an article in Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) about “experimental worship” and moving beyond institutional church… sort of like what the National catholic Reporter praises. There is some pretty crazy stuff in … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: New York Times Finds Good Nuns September 18, 2012 Bill Donohue comments on an editorial in today’s New York Times: The editorial, “Speaking the Truth to the Vatican,” sounds so macho, especially coming from the unmanly … Continue reading
From Hell’s Bible, aka The New York Times: OP-ED COLUMNIST Can Liberal Christianity Be Saved? [In this case I am in favor of euthanasia.] By ROSS DOUTHAT IN 1998, John Shelby Spong, then the reliably controversial Episcopal bishop of Newark, … Continue reading
From Hell’s Bible comes this op-ed: Nuns on the Frontier By ANNE M. BUTLER [professor emerita of history at Utah State University] Fernandina Beach, Fla. THE recent Vatican edict that reproached American nuns [Incorrect in point of facts: It was … Continue reading
Those of you who wonder why the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the American Bishops initiated a reform of the leadership of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), should take a little trip down memory lane. … Continue reading
I noticed on the blog of His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan, who in his capacity as President of the USCCB has been called on to defend the rights of the Church in the midst of a deepening kulturkampf, a comment … Continue reading
This is from Media Report: The Usual Suspects: NY Times, Dissident Priest Support Anti-Catholic SNAP With Falsehoods, Attacks on Church Anti-Catholicism in Action: The New York Times, Rev. Thomas P. Doyle, and SNAP The New York Times is again shilling … Continue reading