HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- acardnal: Fr. Z wrote, “In particular , I will be interested to see how they work with priests who prefer to celebrate the TLM or who prefer not to concelebra te.” I suspect the agend...
- Kenneth Wolfe: I look forward to your reaction on this important point. Dr. Hahn is sometimes (often?) to be found at the 12 noon Sunday TLM at Saint Peter̵ 7;s in Steubenvil le.
- Semper Gumby: Blessed travels Fr. Z.
- Semper Gumby: Great video. Fr. Wagner: “ 230;away from something casualR 30;to something lasting. 8221; Nothing Superfluou s is an illuminati ng explanatio n of church architectu re,...
- Anne C.: I had already watched this video, having followed Dr. Marshall on YouTube for some time. I have seen his comments here, so he must also “fol low” you!
- Gab: Safe travels, Father. I’ll be praying for you.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Kevin: I am hopeful. I don’ t go to things like this, as a rule. However, I’ve heard good things about past events. In particular , I will be interested to see how...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): So, beyond saving time, what are the additional reasons for the priest starting the absolution while the penitent is still making his act of contrition ?
- APX: As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for single all folks. whether they desire to live chaste lives or not. Society makes it extra difficult for them to do so. As...
- veritas vincit: Reading Deacon KandraR 17;s post in context, I understand that he thinks the issue of abstinence from sex prior to receiving Holy Communion, is a minor matter in the Church...
- Chuck4247: I attended an evening Mass at the local Cathedral. “I know that the 5:00 is normally our “vis itors̵ 7; Mass” ;, but thank you for being here on this 90-deg...
- veritas vincit: I would really be interested in this, if it weren̵ 7;t a 90+ minute video.
- Kevin: I am looking froward to your comments. I like a lot of things about the St. Paul Center so I am hoping their conference for Priests is meaningful .
- acardnal: I’m was reminded. . . going to Confession as a young boy prior to the Council, the priest would always say the absolution in Latin while I was saying the Act of Contrition in...
- SanSan: Yes, this was an excellent video. I shared with local priests and Catholics. Fr. Nix really has a strong calling which is much needed today.
- robtbrown: FrDave Nix ? @FrDaveNix Walking through NYC in a cassock all day today. I find overwhelmi ng kindness from people of all races, ages, classes and religions… all except white liberals who...
- David L Alexander: The tradition of abstaining from one’ s conjugal rights has a long history in the Church. In the East, married priests fast on the night before offering Sacrifice at Sunday...
- Fredi D'Alessio: Thank you to those who commented on the point I was trying to make. Unfortunat ely I completely failed to do so. As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for...
- Charles E Flynn: From Father Nix’ s Twitter account: FrDave Nix ? @FrDaveNix Walking through NYC in a cassock all day today. I find overwhelmi ng kindness from people of all races, ages,...
- Imrahil: That is tacitly assuming that once a month is the utmost for the most devout. Given that we laudably have gotten over that assumption … no longer recommende d. Not even recommende d....
- Fabiola80: That was awesome! I’ve been a traditiona l Catholic for as long as I can remember and I learned alot from that video. I’m going getting holy water in my home as soon as I can!
- APX: I have noticed a number of women who think nothing about discussing their conjugal lives openly and publicly on Facebook or in their groups at the table after Mass. It’s as if married people...
- JabbaPapa: I was mostly impressed yesterday that the Novus Ordo at our Parish was given in about 40% Latin and only 60% French, which is how the Council Fathers envisaged things, but I was struck...
- JonathanTX: The mentality of the Post-Conci lliar Church: tldf; too long, didn’ ;t fast.
- TonyO: if married people are bad examples to them? Just two examples: married couples (of all ages) speaking openly and often jokingly and irreverent ly about their sexual conduct when in the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
- What the ‘c’atholic Left is up to on Twitter
- ASK FATHER: Should Catholic parents attend wedding of daughter outside the Church?
- ASK FATHER: “Funeral Liturgy Outside Mass”
- @Church_Militant on the public lynching of Fr. Eduard Perrone
- Really old frozen permafrost critters revived. What could possibly go wrong?
- Tour Talk – 2019 Tour de France
- The Church Militant and You
- William F. Buckley and Fulton Sheen on Firing Line! 1970
- BOOK: The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity
- ACTION ITEM! Help a traditional deacon get to priesthood. Watch marvelous Fulton Sheen video of 1950 Roman Holy Year
- 07/07/07 – 12th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The beatification of Fulton J. Sheen, patron of faithful priests persecuted by bishops
- Because of so much darkness, there has never been a better time to be a young priest
- Card. Müller on the proposed reform of the Roman Curia
- A dowager of the catholic Left has get’s a dose of the Left’s own medicine.
- UK readers, especially priests, HELP!
- Francis’ projected restructuring of the Roman Curia – wow…just…. wow…
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: NYT
This is great! Thanks to the folks at the NRA for this great way to start the day. Let’s make popcorn and watch the snowflakes freak out. Dana Loesch: We’re Coming For You New York Times
The liberal juggernaut … libbernaut? … is well-connected and organized. They work together. Perhaps you saw the NYT’s piece (aka Hell’s Bible) which managed (through fake news) to make an absurd connection between Card. Burke (whom libs hate with the … Continue reading
Dear readers… a lot of time and electrons are being spilled on Amoris laetitia these days because it may be the most important controversy of our time, with long lasting implications for doctrine on faith and morals, and on discipline. Our … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible (aka NY Times) Editor: “We don’t get religion. We don’t get the role of religion in people’s lives.”
Via Ave Maria Radio: TOP NYT EDITOR CONFESSES: WE DON’T UNDERSTAND RELIGION AT ALL [Well knock me down with a feather!] In an interview with WNYC’s “Fresh Air” The New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet admits his newspaper knows nothing … Continue reading
At Hell’s Bible today (aka NYT) we have a good example of how twisted things are now. There is a front page article about the death of a pornographer, Al Goldstein, with a photo, and a shot of his pornographic … Continue reading
Words I never thought I would write. I agree with Fr. James Martin, SJ, on this one. "Mr. Ratzinger"? Apparently The New York Times Style Manual was written by someone who was high, unconscious or both. http://t.co/b5HbCb9XeU — James Martin, … Continue reading
I am – horribile scriptu – considering subscribing to the online New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible) for the duration of all the papal stuff going on. Know your enemy, after all. Even as I think about this, I keep … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible published something by the execrable Garry Wills, who hates the Church and the Pope. His opinions are what you would expect from an angry Irish ex-Catholic. Blah blah blah. But, in case you bother to read him, don’t … Continue reading
Someone sent me a link to an article in Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) about “experimental worship” and moving beyond institutional church… sort of like what the National catholic Reporter praises. There is some pretty crazy stuff in … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: New York Times Finds Good Nuns September 18, 2012 Bill Donohue comments on an editorial in today’s New York Times: The editorial, “Speaking the Truth to the Vatican,” sounds so macho, especially coming from the unmanly … Continue reading
From Hell’s Bible, aka The New York Times: OP-ED COLUMNIST Can Liberal Christianity Be Saved? [In this case I am in favor of euthanasia.] By ROSS DOUTHAT IN 1998, John Shelby Spong, then the reliably controversial Episcopal bishop of Newark, … Continue reading
From Hell’s Bible comes this op-ed: Nuns on the Frontier By ANNE M. BUTLER [professor emerita of history at Utah State University] Fernandina Beach, Fla. THE recent Vatican edict that reproached American nuns [Incorrect in point of facts: It was … Continue reading
Those of you who wonder why the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the American Bishops initiated a reform of the leadership of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), should take a little trip down memory lane. … Continue reading
I noticed on the blog of His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan, who in his capacity as President of the USCCB has been called on to defend the rights of the Church in the midst of a deepening kulturkampf, a comment … Continue reading
This is from Media Report: The Usual Suspects: NY Times, Dissident Priest Support Anti-Catholic SNAP With Falsehoods, Attacks on Church Anti-Catholicism in Action: The New York Times, Rev. Thomas P. Doyle, and SNAP The New York Times is again shilling … Continue reading