SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- Most Sacred Heart of Jesus: The Acts of Consecration and of Reparation
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
- “Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
- ASK FATHER: Pork butt for the Sacred Heart
- What do we do when we synodize?
- ASK FATHER: Does the humeral veil contradict in the use of Eucharistic ministers?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 22: “Even in another church St. Rita is sad… about… you know.”
- Vatican Synod’s (“walking together”) on spirituality of synodality (“walking togetherality”) is coming: The merciful heart loves… demons.
- ASK FATHER: What if 100 priests wanted to leave a diocese because of the bishop?
- LOOK! UP IN THE SKY!
- 22 June in the Novus Ordo: St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More
- ASK FATHER: Bishop bully: You have the right to kneel, but not to a kneeler.
- ROME 22/06 – Day 21: Different kinds of pawns
- “The point of entry must always be ‘situatedness’.”
- Too good not to post
- ROME 22/06 – Day 20: Field of flowers
- ASK FATHER: If a Pope dies or resigns before a Consistory for the creation of Cardinals, are the designated men Cardinals or not?
- Online Conference with a good theme: Be Strong And Courageous – 18-22 July 2022
- Obedience and being a “restorationist”
- ROME 22/06 – Day 19: At a snail’s pace
- ROME 22/06 – Day 18: Honoring the Blessed Sacrament
- Your (Corpus Christi) Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL
- ROME 22/06 – Day 17: SPLAT!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- A look at Peter’s Pence
- ROME 22/06 – Day 16: A video stroll and a Vietnamese hero
- Worship Prefect interviewed.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 5 February 2009
His Excellency Most Reverend, Joseph Martino, Bishop of SCranton, has just published his letter to Sen. Robert Casey (D-PA) regarding his vote against the Martinez amendment which would have prevented President Obama from rescinding the Mexico City policy. Bishop Martino … Read More
The Italian site Messa in latino has an interesting post about a network of German priests, Priesternetzwerk, who support Pope Benedict. They are alarmed at the bad treatment in the German press and the ambiguous attitude of some of their … Read More
On a lighter and more immediate note: Is it allowed or recommended to starch an alb? The priest that says the EF Mass for us needs help with the cleaning, mending, etc. of his albs and other liturgical garments. I … Read More
Lots of people are talking now along these lines… "Bishop Williamson must change his views or, if there is a reconciliation of the SSPX, he won’t be given an assignment." Folks, inter alia, Williamson was born in 1940. Do the … Read More
Some critics of the Pope are suggesting that the Vatican is open to the hard-liners on the right, but closed and cold to the warm-hearted forward-looking progressive thinkers on the left. The Pope is willing to bend over backward for … Read More
In the official newspaper of the Diocese of Columbus, OH, there is an interesting notice from the Office of Worship. It is a brief piece, and therefore cannot drill to depth, but it is useful nonethess. And the topic couldn’t … Read More
A friend sent me this. I think it applies to many spheres of life. It even applies to our "brick by brick" approach to rebuilding Catholic identity, one little move in obscurity at a time. Mostly, this applies to moms, … Read More
This from LifeSite. Vatican Official: Bishops Have no Choice But to Refuse Communion to Pro-Abort PoliticiansBy Hilary White ROME, January 30, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Archbishop Raymond Burke, in an exclusive interview last week, told LifeSiteNews.com that the issue of pro-abortion … Read More
The WaPo’s On Faith has a note from Fr. Thomas J Reese, side-lined former editor of America. For some reason he still in everyone’s Rolodex. Reese has a comment on Pope Benedict. I am sure you were waiting for it. … Read More
Are any there any priest readers of WDTPRS from San Antonio, TX? Drop me a line if you have a moment. Question for you.
In the latest number of The Catholic Herald, the best Catholic news weekly in the UK, there are some interesting stories. I see the online edition, which is really useful! I’ll just do a stream of first impressions about things … Read More
If you are in the USA, you have seen the "Hi, I’m a PC… and I’m a Mac" commercials. Amusing. You have heard the smug superiority of Mac users. (I guarantee you are going to hear more in the combox!) … Read More
Time has jumped into the fray, commenting on the lifting of the excommunications of the four… well… let’s be honest… the one SSPX Bishop Williamson. Time’s Rome correspondent hasn’t reported Catholic events and issues concerning traditional expressions of Catholicism with … Read More