Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sonshine135: Let me get this straight (no pun intended): +Priest finds a rainbow banner used to welcome people who keep themselves in perhaps one of the worsts mortal sins possible to a church...
- Dismas: The past fifty odd years were but the opening skirmishes of the Crisis. Cardinal Cupich is the gold standard for the kinds of bishops to be elevated for the foreseeabl e future. If you have...
- Adelle Cecilia: “Sho uld we pray for or against the success of _____?R 21; This is something that, in recent years, I’ve changed my mind about. Similar to, “ple ase let me/him...
- Adelle Cecilia: The executive director of DignityUSA said, “When we see this symbol flying at our churches, we know this will be a place of welcome and affirmatio n and a place where God’s creati...
- teetee67: These events make it very difficult to teach people about reverence and purpose regarding liturgy. There was a video from the Philippine s that had a Jesus “pop up” behind the...
- ajf1984: I once had the privilege of interviewi ng with His Excellency Bishop Nickless for a Director of Faith Formation position in his diocese. I was struck by his humility and clearly-pr ayerful...
- chantgirl: Does Cupich really want to be seen as punishing an abuse victim who is fighting back against the vice that lead to his abuse?
- QuietContemplative: How can Cdl. Cupich not realize how bad this makes him, and, by extension, those he’s been vociferous ly defending, look? As an above comment says, I wish he hadn’ ;t...
- JamesA: As you are wont to say, Father : OORAH !
- Tina in Ashburn: One could also say we entered the Latter Days when Our Lady of Guadeloupe appeared pregnant surrounded by an apocalypti c sky. So, yea, it can be a matter of degree as to “...
- JuliB: I’ve gone through the SVDP national training, and they were quite explicit that we were not to “pro selytize 8221;. Any sharing of our faith (Christian or Catholic specifi...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: I agree with Father Kalchik about the abominatio n that is having a rainbow flag in the church; I agree it should not only be burned, but that all rainbow flags in all...
- teomatteo: “ 230;and that Cupich has since blocked Kalchik’s request to transfer to a diocese ” Like Fr. Z intimated in the opening sentence. Doesn̵ 7;t Cdl. Cupich have better...
- Ellen: It really bothers me that the symbol of the rainbow has been taken over by the LBGTQRSTUV + (or whatever the latest acronym they are using).
- Joy65: GOOD FOR HIM And may God Bless him!
- clare joseph: If George Weigel is right, then “I say it’s spinach, and I say to hell with it.” It seems to be a tactic of the present “adm inistratio n” to make its...
- TonyO: No good can come out of a synod while Francis is uncorrecte d. In his current state is seems that he is incapable of even permitting , much less causing, a good synod to achieve good resul...
- TonyO: Importantl y, I think: we do indeed have true enemies. Satan and all of his fallen angels have great malice for us and work for our downfall. In addition, there are truly malevolent men who...
- Henry Edwards: Although Amazon lists the expensive& #8211;but invaluable , if not priceless, though only about a dollar per day for the first year of use (and free thereafter )–Ba ronius...
- hwriggles4: This is why (and I am sure many Catholics agree) that when I travel I try to keep in mind names of good parishes. In New York City, I will be at either Fr. MurrayR 17;s parish (which...
- MrsMacD: @LarryW2LJ “And he said to him: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they believe, if one rise again from the dead.̶ 1; Luke 16:31
- JustaSinner: Synod of Bishops and non-bishop s…I’ m not a bishop so can I go and add my input? I promise Father, I’d behave!
- snegopad: mbarry, 212;-I am a little late, but : HERE perhaps this helps̷ 0;.and there ARE some videos in the net…
- LarryW2LJ: Due to our reliance on science (how’ ;s that for a rhyme?), we’v e lost our sense of the supernatur al and the mystical. Not that everything that happens is God trying to tell...
- bourgja: Padredana, technicall y the Discalced Carmelite Order switched from the Carmelite Rite to the Roman Rite in the 1500s, so in 1962 they would not have used the Carmelite Rite. There is, of...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- Archd. Chicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: The First Gay President
One of these days horrible things will start happening because of the blurring of sex and the because of the sick and twisted “gender” re-engineering that is going. We are hurtling toward the brink.
Could it soon be illegal for … Continue reading
The other day I heard that for the State of the Union Address in POTUS’s area of the gallery there was to be an empty seat to honor victims of gun violence (which I assume also means gang-bangers who shot … Continue reading
Lies and black legends are constantly retold about both the Crusades and the Inquisition. Recently, the First Gay President – in a spectacular display of tactless disregard for both truth and audience – chose to trot them out during the … Continue reading
Finally! strategy to defeat ISIS terrorists! Fearsome Twitter messages, fatally ironic Instagram photos!
Meanwhile, from The People’s Cube, we have a solution to the problem of ISIS!
I hope the President is taking notes.
ISIL to be Defeated by Twitter and Instagram Bombardment
Comrade Vice President Joseph Biden has announced that the USSA will chase … Continue reading
RAINBOW FLAG FLIES OVER U.S. EMBASSY IN MADRID
The Obama administration seems to have forgotten the International Day of the Family last week that was celebrated at the UN and around the world May 15.
Yet the administration was very enthusiastic … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pres. Obama met with Pope Francis today.
Some people are asking me to comment on this historic event, which liberals will surely say is the first time a Pope smiled at an American President.
Popes meet with … Continue reading
This from WSJ:
President Says ObamaCare Volunteers Doing ‘God’s Work’ [?!?]
Barack Obama speaks to his old campaign comrades [That’s the right word.] at Organizing for Action.
Last night in Washington President Obama addressed the national meeting of Organizing for Action, the outfit … Continue reading
The President’s State of the Union address is tonight.
People are musing about what the President will say or ought to say.
As I see it…
What the President ought to say:
“Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice-President, Members of Congress, the Cabinet, Honorable Justices, my … Continue reading
For all you supports of The First Gay President’s administration and for all of those Catholic entities out there who have bought into Common Core, from Breitbart:
NEW YORK COMMON CORE WEBSITE SENT STUDENTS TO SEX QUIZ PAGE
*The following article contains … Continue reading
I think this is despicable. It also shows what is happening under the godless Obama Administration… who did not go to Church on Christmas, even though last week he (hypocritically?) said we should remember the religious dimension of Christmas. BAH!
I … Continue reading
From Human Events:
Maybe it was about time to get the Army involved in the War On Christmas – a long march through every corner of American life by the anti-religious, collectivist Left, designed to scour this prime patch of emotional … Continue reading
As you have probably heard, The First Gay President, who also brought you the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act’s HHS mandate, is going to close the embassy of these USA to the Holy See.
I didn’t really care much about this story at … Continue reading
He sure can pick ’em.
Gay teen activist honored by Obama charged with sex crimes against a 14-yr-old boy
PHOENIX, November 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An openly homosexual teenager, who was given a position as an “adviser” to Phoenix Mayor Greg … Continue reading
From Citizen Link:
Military Chaplains Sue Over Harassment, Attack on Christian Faith
by Bethany Monk
Those who serve our country often greet reveilles before the sunrise. They don the uniform. They represent our country, and they continue to make sacrifice after sacrifice. With … Continue reading