Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- robtbrown: Semper Gumby, I was not defending Francis nor denying that some of his comments are confusing. Like certain other Jesuits whose works I am familiar with, he seems out of touch...
- mepoindexter: The way I look at it is when it comes to your own kids, you’ ve got to stick with what works. As the dad it’s my job to do everything in my power to make sure they get to...
- arga: I read Fr SchallR 17;s piece this morning. It’s easily one of his best short essays. Really terrific. What a treasure the man is.
- LarryW2LJ: This is all the reason I need; and it was summed up by one who was so very much a frail human sinner- just like me: Simon Peter answered him, “Master, to whom shall we go? You have the...
- NH Knight: “AA1 025” , “The School of Darkness 8221; by Bella Dodd and “The Catholic Church and the Soviet Government ” by Dr. Dennis J Dunn paint a picture of...
- Ylonila del Mar: This might be an aside, but I guess I can see why the National Council of Churches in the Philippine s has ties with communist rebels here. Lately they’ ;ve been going all-out...
- TopTomato: I am wondering if there is an error at the end of this sentence: “We are truly free but our freedom is the fruit of His will for us His images. 221; I don’ t understand it...
- SanSan: As a “rem nant” ; of Holy Mother Church, I will stay in the “bar k” of Peter, holding tightly to the mast, until I am delievered into the arms of my Savior. It will...
- Sandy: “Her etics insist on staying in the ChurchR 30;” Reading “Ung odly Rage” ; years ago burned that statement into my mind. When the “her etic” ; nuns were...
- GregB: The Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel has a link to the last Fatima apparition during the Miracle of the Sun. The three children saw a series of visions, one of which was of Our Lady...
- Andrew: A Romano senatu venit edictum, ut posthac liberum sit cuique vesci, quibus velit. Per me quidem vel LIMACIBUS vescatur, qui volet. (Erasmus: Colloquia)
- Grateful to be Catholic: Father, stop, you are killing me. Snails in garlicky butter, or is it buttery garlic, to be sopped up with fresh, crusty bread: to die for! My father once went to a resta...
- LarryW2LJ: I had escargot only once in my life. Maybe it was just me; but I sensed no distinct flavor other than the garlic butter they were served in. I know that people tend to get put off,...
- Grant M: “Go to any Novus Ordo Mass and see the proportion of young people to old people”. Well, location, location, location. One Sunday morning last year I attended the NO Mass at a parish in...
- richiedel: In addition to its nearness to the solstice, another reason why we celebrate the feast of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist on June 24 is that it’s six months before Christm...
- Lorra: My priest said that without sanctifyin g grace, even if you saved a man from drowning, that heroic and charitable act will avail you nothing for Eternal Life.
- frjim4321: Parables aren’ ;t allegories , they are lessons with an intentiona l point. We’r e not free to just say what they mean for “me, ” Today, it’s clear that...
- JamesA: Very proud to say that St. Mary Cathedral is my home parish. Neither of the two priests (fine men, both) are traditiona lists, and neither is our bishop, but God bless them for offering the...
- Prayerful: Fr decided to speak about FatherR 17;s Day, rather than specifical ly concentrat e on the words from the Gospel of Luke, that we’v e three fathers, our Heavenly Father, our...
- James in Perth: Great comments and I heartily agree that the Church will be much better off moving back towards a more traditiona l liturgy. That said, most parishes that I have attended are quite...
- teomatteo: Was your mother Italian? [No, my mother is not Italian.]
- Grateful to be Catholic: Mmmmm. Looks good. I will have to try these. I have found that the trick to frying eggplant, which I do for ratatouill e, is not to give it all the olive oil it wants as it...
- JustaSinner: Just purchased an obsidian with delicate rose buds as the major beads in the beginning. Very delicate, and quite feminine I may add… but have always thought of the rosary as...
- LarryW2LJ: Thanks for the solution. Fr. I hadn’ ;t been checking the comments. Way back in the deep, dark recesses of my memory, I knew I had seen one of these before! And that was way back in...
- semperficatholic: Fr. Z’s link was good. June 13th was also the second visit of Our Lady of Fatima to the three children. :)
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
- ASK FATHER: Celebrate Prudence and not “Pride”!
- Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- Disturbing short film “The Confession” that somehow won Catholic award
- Father’s Day gift idea – from the “hearts”
- PHILIPPINES: To arm priests or not to arm?
- ASK FATHER: What does the comma really say?
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: The First Gay President
One of these days horrible things will start happening because of the blurring of sex and the because of the sick and twisted “gender” re-engineering that is going. We are hurtling toward the brink.
Could it soon be illegal for … Continue reading
The other day I heard that for the State of the Union Address in POTUS’s area of the gallery there was to be an empty seat to honor victims of gun violence (which I assume also means gang-bangers who shot … Continue reading
Lies and black legends are constantly retold about both the Crusades and the Inquisition. Recently, the First Gay President – in a spectacular display of tactless disregard for both truth and audience – chose to trot them out during the … Continue reading
Finally! strategy to defeat ISIS terrorists! Fearsome Twitter messages, fatally ironic Instagram photos!
Meanwhile, from The People’s Cube, we have a solution to the problem of ISIS!
I hope the President is taking notes.
ISIL to be Defeated by Twitter and Instagram Bombardment
Comrade Vice President Joseph Biden has announced that the USSA will chase … Continue reading
RAINBOW FLAG FLIES OVER U.S. EMBASSY IN MADRID
The Obama administration seems to have forgotten the International Day of the Family last week that was celebrated at the UN and around the world May 15.
Yet the administration was very enthusiastic … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pres. Obama met with Pope Francis today.
Some people are asking me to comment on this historic event, which liberals will surely say is the first time a Pope smiled at an American President.
Popes meet with … Continue reading
This from WSJ:
President Says ObamaCare Volunteers Doing ‘God’s Work’ [?!?]
Barack Obama speaks to his old campaign comrades [That’s the right word.] at Organizing for Action.
Last night in Washington President Obama addressed the national meeting of Organizing for Action, the outfit … Continue reading
The President’s State of the Union address is tonight.
People are musing about what the President will say or ought to say.
As I see it…
What the President ought to say:
“Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice-President, Members of Congress, the Cabinet, Honorable Justices, my … Continue reading
For all you supports of The First Gay President’s administration and for all of those Catholic entities out there who have bought into Common Core, from Breitbart:
NEW YORK COMMON CORE WEBSITE SENT STUDENTS TO SEX QUIZ PAGE
*The following article contains … Continue reading
I think this is despicable. It also shows what is happening under the godless Obama Administration… who did not go to Church on Christmas, even though last week he (hypocritically?) said we should remember the religious dimension of Christmas. BAH!
I … Continue reading
From Human Events:
Maybe it was about time to get the Army involved in the War On Christmas – a long march through every corner of American life by the anti-religious, collectivist Left, designed to scour this prime patch of emotional … Continue reading
As you have probably heard, The First Gay President, who also brought you the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act’s HHS mandate, is going to close the embassy of these USA to the Holy See.
I didn’t really care much about this story at … Continue reading
He sure can pick ’em.
Gay teen activist honored by Obama charged with sex crimes against a 14-yr-old boy
PHOENIX, November 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An openly homosexual teenager, who was given a position as an “adviser” to Phoenix Mayor Greg … Continue reading
From Citizen Link:
Military Chaplains Sue Over Harassment, Attack on Christian Faith
by Bethany Monk
Those who serve our country often greet reveilles before the sunrise. They don the uniform. They represent our country, and they continue to make sacrifice after sacrifice. With … Continue reading