Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Magpie said I’m washing my hair when the talks are on.
- Magpie said Sounds right there like the plan for the ‘Ne...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said The letters ought to be the same size on either of...
- JonathanCatholic said A few comments: 1. The sacred Liturgy has always b...
- tcreek said Should I disregard the (Latin) teaching of the fir...
- Michael said Even when you receive under the species of bread o...
- BLB Oregon said Excuse me, the spiritual mercy of an instructional...
- BLB Oregon said Well, at least they said “All are invited to...
- Robbie said A deacon assigned to the parish I normally attend...
- mrshopey said What I have seen, regarding RCIA here, is that if...
- Cathy said Cordelio, I agree, it undermines the doctrine of c...
- Legisperitus said mburn16: Funnily enough, I misread the beginning o...
- MarkJ said Vatican II? Oh, it was the most wunderfullest coun...
- wmeyer said As to the liturgy, when it was in Latin, it was co...
- wmeyer said Include me among those who endured RCIA. In my cas...
- Margaret said Golly. I hope the talks are more grounded in real...
- mhazell said The first statement about OT and NT readings is cl...
- mburn16 said “They reflect an attitude of, “Before the Co...
- Netmilsmom said Why is there two travel mugs on your “Self-A...
- Cordelio said The second statement reproduced above is not just...
- acricketchirps said And we always got the Blood of Christ at Communion...
- Unwilling said “Hopefully the talks will be great.” H...
- Allan Gillis said I find this curious… almost an intentional...
- APX said Actually, prior to Vatican II in certain areas of...
- CatholicLiving said Do they have ‘chicken fried steak’ in...
- MikeM221 said I have always found it ironic that the use of the...
- ClavesCoelorum said Pleeease someone tell us Germans what Father wrote...
- lisebaur said Thank you, Father. I’ve been listening ever...
- sirlouis said And, just to be perfectly accurate, lay people ar...
- Andkaras said Wasn’t Natchitoches a favorite haunt of Walk...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Most heresies don’t spring full-grown from the head of Zeus
- Z-Swag: in the wild
- Some misconceptions
- WDTPRS Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: getting tenderized
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Tag Archives: The First Gay President
This from WSJ:
President Says ObamaCare Volunteers Doing ‘God’s Work’ [?!?]
Barack Obama speaks to his old campaign comrades [That's the right word.] at Organizing for Action.
Last night in Washington President Obama addressed the national meeting of Organizing for Action, the outfit … Continue reading
The President’s State of the Union address is tonight.
People are musing about what the President will say or ought to say.
As I see it…
What the President ought to say:
“Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice-President, Members of Congress, the Cabinet, Honorable Justices, my … Continue reading
For all you supports of The First Gay President’s administration and for all of those Catholic entities out there who have bought into Common Core, from Breitbart:
NEW YORK COMMON CORE WEBSITE SENT STUDENTS TO SEX QUIZ PAGE
*The following article contains … Continue reading
I think this is despicable. It also shows what is happening under the godless Obama Administration… who did not go to Church on Christmas, even though last week he (hypocritically?) said we should remember the religious dimension of Christmas. BAH!
I … Continue reading
From Human Events:
Maybe it was about time to get the Army involved in the War On Christmas – a long march through every corner of American life by the anti-religious, collectivist Left, designed to scour this prime patch of emotional … Continue reading
As you have probably heard, The First Gay President, who also brought you the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act’s HHS mandate, is going to close the embassy of these USA to the Holy See.
I didn’t really care much about this story at … Continue reading
He sure can pick ‘em.
Gay teen activist honored by Obama charged with sex crimes against a 14-yr-old boy
PHOENIX, November 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An openly homosexual teenager, who was given a position as an “adviser” to Phoenix Mayor Greg … Continue reading
From Citizen Link:
Military Chaplains Sue Over Harassment, Attack on Christian Faith
by Bethany Monk
Those who serve our country often greet reveilles before the sunrise. They don the uniform. They represent our country, and they continue to make sacrifice after sacrifice. With … Continue reading
I have been watching in a distracted way the live stream of the annual USCCB blah blah and occasionally checking the liberal reactions: rather like tossing a bad of treats into a dog park.
In any event, someone sent me this … Continue reading