Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Up to 15% off New Products from AmazonBasics
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- For those who don’t believe that Francis said that there should be legal same-sex unions.
- They just need to keep doing what they’re doing!
- ASK FATHER: Prayers “for the gift of tears”
- Francis has openly called for civil unions for homosexuals. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LIVE VIDEO – 21 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Votive Mass of St. Joseph
- #ASonnetADay – 68. “Thus is his cheek the map of days outworn…”
- LIVE VIDEO – 20 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – St John Cantius
- #ASonnetADay – 67. “Ah! wherefore with infection should you live…”
- PREVIEW: London Oratory Schola – Sacred Treasures of Christmas
- LIVE VIDEO – 19 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – St Peter Alcantara
- #ASonnetADay – 66. “Tired with all these, for restful death I cry…”
- LIVE VIDEO – Sunday 18 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – 20th Sunday after Pentecost
- #ASonnetADay – 65. “Since brass, nor stone, nor earth, nor boundless sea…”
- IRELAND: The longings and the lessons in the Mass Rocks
- VIDEO: “Come Hell Or High Water”
- LIVE VIDEO – SATURDAY 17 October 1200h CDT Traditional Latin Mass – St Margaret Mary Alacoque & Exorcism against Satan and Fallen Angels
- The 16th of the month, is a very lean day.
- #ASonnetADay – 64. “When I have seen by Time’s fell hand defaced…”
- Hilarious screenshot from HARRIS.. no… BIDEN campaign Health Care ad
- Of Latin, Papa Ganganelli, and the suppression of the Jesuits
- Cocktail suggestion: “Stare Decisis”
- Jesuits PROMOTE “Pachamama Day”. I am not making this up. Vatican “Earth Mother” coin.
- LIVE VIDEO – 15 October 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – St. Teresa of Avila – INTENTION: In reparation for JESUIT BLASPHEMY and SACRILEGE in promoting Pachamama.
- #ASonnetADay – 63. “Against my love shall be as I am now…”
- Making an upgrade to the “Two Trinities Chapel”
- Control the meaning of words and you control thought. A note about #AmyConeyBarrettSCOTUS
- Italian Bishops Conference newspaper, Avvenire, about pro-homosexuality book
- LIVE VIDEO – 14 October 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – St. Callixtus, Pope and Martyr
- #ASonnetADay – 62. “Sin of self-love possesseth all mine eye…” GUEST READER
- More emerges about Bugnini as a Freemason
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 26 August 2008
This is in the Archdiocese of San Francisco’s newspaper: Pelosi’s nationally aired abortion comments "disgraceful’, "incompetent", "incredible" USCCB corrects House Speaker’s views as "misleading" and outdated By Rick DelVecchio Catholic and conservative commentators reacted with outrage and disbelief to House … Continue reading
Consider that the USCCB the Cardinal Archbishop of New YorkCardinal Archbishop of PhiladelphiaArchbishop of Washington DCArchbishop of Denver all issued statements to correct and redress the falsehoods about Catholic doctrine on the beginning of human life stated on network television … Continue reading
Speaker Pelosi is deep in it now. I am still looking for a link, but Amy reports that Brendan Daly, Nancy Pelosi’s spokesman issued a statement about her remarks on Meet The Press: “The Speaker is the mother of … Continue reading
Here is something just perfect to relieve the pressure of this day’s controversies. For the chant jock in your life This series and more available at The CantemusDomino Store. And when wearing this, be sure to have a coffee mug … Continue reading
Here is something from Politico: August 26, 2008Categories: LeadershipPelosi a ‘religious heretic,’ says former GOP Rep. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is a “religious heretic” for suggesting that there is disagreement within the Catholic Church over the definition of conception, … Continue reading
The ancient Greeks depicted Kairos, son of Zeus and the god of Opportunity, as as a young man with long hair streaming from his forehead but with shaved head behind. The idea is that Opportunity can only be seized when … Continue reading
This is in from FoxNews: Archbishop of Washington Chides Pelosi; Denver Archbishop Warns Biden to Skip Communion by FOXNews.com Tuesday, August 26, 2008 By Bill Sammon Irked by pro-choice Democrats who tout their Catholicism, the archbishop of Washington is chiding … Continue reading
Republicans in the US House of Representatives have reacted to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and her remarks to Tom Brokaw on Meet The Press. I got this from Ed Morrissey at Hot Air: Catholic House Republicans respond to Pelosi’s abortion … Continue reading
What do the American bishops have to say as a body about Speak Pelosi’s remarks? Bishops respond to House Speaker Pelosi’s misrepresentation of Church teaching against abortion WASHINGTON–Cardinal Justin F. Rigali, chairman of the U.S. Bishops’ Committee on Pro-Life Activities, … Continue reading
His Excellency Donald W. Wuerl responds to Speaker Pelosi: Archbishop Wuerl on the Church’s Constant Teaching on Abortion August 25, 2008 The following statement is from Washington Archbishop Donald W. Wuerl: On Meet the Press this past Sunday, August 23, … Continue reading
His Eminence Edward Card. Egan of New York has issued a press release in response to Speak Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) remarks on Meet The Press last Sunday. Let’s look with my emphases and comments. Statement on Remarks by Speaker Pelosi … Continue reading
In your handy copy of the 2004 Martyrologium Romanum you find that today is the … well… read it yourself: 1. Commemoratio sancti Melchisedech, regis Salem et sacerdotis Dei Altissimi, qui Abraham benedicens salutavit a victoria regressum, Domino sanctum sacrificum, … Continue reading