Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Up to 15% off New Products from AmazonBasics
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LIVE VIDEO – 29 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Votive Mass of the Holy Spirit – Prayer against the Wuhan Devil
- A master class in irony
- A tribute to my mother on my birthday
- #ASonnetADay – 75. “So are you to my thoughts as food to life…”
- BRICK BY BRICK: A young priest writes, “I have never felt more priestly or masculine than when I have offered the Extraordinary Form Mass.”
- RECENT POSTS
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LIVE VIDEO – 28 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Simon & Jude, Apostles
- #ASonnetADay – 74. “But be contented when that fell arrest…”
- LIVE VIDEO – 27 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Votive Mass of Holy Angels (with Exorcism)
- Happy #NavyDay !
- ASK FATHER: Use of a microphone during Traditional Latin Low Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- #ASonnetADay – 73. “That time of year thou mayst in me behold…”
- ASK FATHER: Is a vote for “the lesser of two evils” still a vote “for evil”?
- ASK FATHER: Can einkorn flour be used for the Eucharist? It is lower in gluten.
- 28 October 2020 – Feast Sts. Simon and Jude: MASS FOR BENEFACTORS
- LIVE VIDEO – 26 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Monday in 21st Week after Pentecost
- VIDEO: Autopsy of a really slick LIE
- #ASonnetADay – GUEST SONNET by John Donne – “Death be not proud,…”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Christ the King (NO: 30th Ordinary) 2020 – POLL: Francis same-sex unions topic during homily?
- ASK FATHER: I don’t like Trump or Biden. Can I opt out and not vote at all?
- LIVE VIDEO – 25 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Christ the King Sunday with Consecration of the Human Race
- #ASonnetADay – 72. “O, lest the world should task you to recite…”
- Sunday of Christ the King – Act of Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- ASK FATHER: Recent comments about same-sex unions… a “slap in the face” of those trying to leave homosexual lifestyle?
- Venezuelan dictator Maduro cites Francis to promote same-sex marriage legislation
- LIVE VIDEO – 24 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – St Raphael, Archangel
- #ASonnetADay – 71. “No longer mourn for me when I am dead…” (with bell… not cowbell)
- FAIL! @JamesMartinSJ claims you can’t dismiss false teaching on same-sex unions because Francis developed doctrine. Wherein Fr. Z Rants
- ASK FATHER: “What prayers or novena for a Trump victory?”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 28 August 2008
UPDATE: We now have the video! Neil Cavuto of Fox News just interview the Archbishop of Denver, His Excellency Most Reverend Charles Chaput. He spoke about Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s serious errors about the beginning of human life made last Sunday … Continue reading
[uc] I just got a wonderful Pelosi parody song from the Official WDTPRS Songwriter, Timothy the Parodist. I am waiting for the final version and I’ll post it! UPDATE from Timothy the Parodist: Nancy singing I left my heart in … Continue reading
Augustine died on 28 August 430. Sometime before the early 8th century, Augustine’s remains were translated from N. Africa to Sardinia for fear of desecration. It is possible that St. Fulgentius of Ruspe took Augustine’s body to Sardinia. Fulgentius had … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. William Murphy, Bishop of Rockville Centre, wrote in the Long Island Catholic about Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) erroneous and scandalous remarks about the Church’s teaching on the beginning of human life made on … Continue reading
I got a nice note via from a seminarian (edited): Hi Father Ive just started as a seminarian in ____ , to begin training for the _____. In all the negativity that surrounds many seminaries nowadays, i thought id send … Continue reading
Thanks for a kind reader, I learned of this story from CNA. I present it to those of who who think that traveling a distance to Mass is sooo haaarrrrd: Young African woman crawls 2.5 miles to attend Sunday Mass … Continue reading
I received a question via e-mail: Father,Recently we have been trying to introduce the Tridentine Mass to my parish, and fortunately we now have a new priest who is open to tradition. We have yet to overcome several obstacles, including … Continue reading
Here are some of my PODCAzTs during which I talk about St. Augustine 067 08-07-29 St. Augustine on Martha, active v. contemplative lives; don Camillo (part II)047 07-10-25 Augustine on how to pray; how to treat newcomers at the older … Continue reading
I have some precious relics in the chapel of the Sabine Farm.
This excellent piece is from George Weigel in Newsweek: The Democrats and the Abortion Wars Are Obama and Pelosi dodging the life-and-death question? George WeigelNewsweek Web ExclusiveUpdated: 8:38 PM ET Aug 25, 2008 A few years ago, Richard Doerflinger, a … Continue reading
A reader alerted my to this wonderful news from Denver: Tridentine [oops] Masses at the cathedral to commemorate anniversaries By Roxanne King Two anniversaries related to the Tridentine Mass, the Latin-language liturgy that was used before Vatican II, will be … Continue reading
The MSM is finally noticing that Speaker Nancy Pelosi fell into a theological outhouse where she has, so far, remained now for days. Here is an AP story with my emphases and comments. Pelosi gets unwanted lesson in Catholic theology … Continue reading
I got this from a reader: Notre Dame’s weekly Tridentine Mass will be starting up again this weekend (for more information, see the Campus Ministry website). Note the later Mass time which, while still far from ideal, will hopefully make … Continue reading
I got this note via e-mail. Reverend and dear Father, you and the faithful of your community are cordially invited to participate in the 13th annual Pilgrimage for Restoration, September 24-27. <www.national-coalition.org/pilgrim/> Perhaps you would be so kind as to … Continue reading