SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Son of Saint Alphonsus on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Fathers: If for some reason you can’t obtain wine from a sacramental wine distributor, talk to someone at a local…”
- TonyO on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Did nearly all that…shot rifles at 9, though my pa could not afford to just give me my own gun,…”
- Jim Dorchak on Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA: “Our Son Thomas now has his first HAM radio. It was gifted to him by a Chilean friend of ours…”
- Cornelius on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Born in 1958, this is all true for me (except the eating worms bit – didn’t do that, but I…”
- Fr Martin Fox on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “For most priests, I aver, it is no problem obtaining valid wine by way of companies that specialize in preparing…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Oh, 4139 Masses because I was a daily Mass attendee for over 10 years. I realize I hadn’t missed 4150…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Many years ago, when I was a wee chick in graduate school, I used to attend the university Newman Center.…”
- Littlemore on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “iPadre writes. . ?That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than…”
- sjoseph371 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I find it hard to believe that any priest cannot find the correct wine for Mass. What are they doing,…”
- Katherine on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “TonyO wrote, “On the one hand, having shopped for wine at local stores hundreds of times, I feel that it…”
- Not on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just another issue that causes trepidation among Catholics. Recently I have experienced traditional Priests not accepting Baptisms from other traditional…”
- Cornelius on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I’m confused by this: “Therefore, for years, none of the Masses were valid. None of the intentions for Masses were…”
- maternalView on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Catholic beauty for the win!”
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just go back to the old Mass and the traditional forms of the Sacraments. No more doubts about validity. Never…”
- iPadre on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than the Church.”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: July 2010
RATS IN THE RECTORY! Of priests and rodents
I posted about the issue of the Hamster on the sidebar (yes, I actually wrote that sentence). Now I read about another priest with a rodent problem: rats in the rectory (yes, I wrote that too and I can already … Read More
Sharia Law, our Catholic Identity, and the soul of Western Civilizaition
Benedict XVI has been engaged in a fight for the soul of Europe, but the scope of the war is far wider. Catholics have a role to play. I have often written about what I call Pope Benedict’s "Marshall Plan". … Read More
Malware warning? It’s the HAMSTER’s fault! His fate is in your hands. POLL
I received emails today from readers who said that when they came to the blog, they received a "malware" warning. To my knowledge there is no malware on the page anywhere. The warning is coming because of the Hamster Cage … Read More
The Feeder Feed: two new birds
Action at the Feeder and elsewhere, today. Grosbeaks galore. I believe this is new visitor. I think it is Brewer’s Blackbird. I don’t think it is Common Grackle, because it didn’t have the purple and green sheen. Not sure. Two, … Read More
New Pres. of Pont. Council for Christian Unity: ad orientem… Latin
Our friends at Rorate have posted an excerpt of an interview with Archbp. Kurt Koch the new President of the Pont. Council for Christian Unity. Here is an excerpt of the excerpt, originally with Gaudium Press in Spanish. Gaudium Press: … Read More
Good news about a WDTPRSer
It is nice to get feedback and news about readers. From a reader: Joe of St. Therese posted today, July 30, 2010, that he has been accepted by the Order of Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy. Joe posts here. Joe said … Read More
ATTENTION PRIESTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, the great p.p. of St. Mary Magdalen in Brighton, has started an initiative which all priests of England and Wales should know about. Go to read Priests Open Letter in Support of Pope Benedict’s Visit … Read More
Catholic priest found dead in Mexico
R.I.P. From CNA: Catholic priest found dead in Mexico Mexico City, Mexico, Jul 30, 2010 / 02:02 pm (CNA/Europa Press).- Local authorities have reported that a priest, Fr. Carlos Salvador Wotto, was found dead at the parish of Our Lady … Read More
New Kindle is coming
The new Kindle from Amazon is coming. The price has dropped. The new Kindle will be released on 27 August. There are two versions. For $139 it connects with wifi and has a 6" display. Two colors. USA preorder HERE … Read More
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR AUGUST
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR AUGUST VATICAN CITY, 30 JUL 2010 (VIS) – Pope Benedict’s general prayer intention for August is: "That those who are without work or homes or who are otherwise in serious need may find understanding and … Read More
Congressmen (R & D!) propose total ban on taxpayer-funded abortion
From CNA: Congressmen to propose government-wide ban on taxpayer-funded abortion Washington D.C., Jul 30, 2010 / 06:03 am (CNA).- On Thursday Reps. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) and Dan Lipinski (D-Ill.) [A Democrat!] were scheduled to introduce legislation which would establish a … Read More
RECENT POSTS OF INTEREST
First, a commercial. I would like to add some Twitter followers. If you are using Twitter, would you please follow? Now… ATTENTION PRIESTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES Canadian Anglican Catholic group votes to unite with Rome “Meat cleaver” journalism – … Read More
Comments Off on RECENT POSTS OF INTEREST
SUNDAY SUPPER – 5: De re coquinaria – Coliculi elixati?
I am thinking in advance about Sunday Supper. What to do? I have been looking through Apicius’ 2nd century work De re coquinaria for some hints about how to use all the broccoli that is coming in. Also, I have … Read More
The Pope’s new book for children
Did you hear that Holy Father has, inter alia, penned a book for children? I am guessing it will become a bestseller. This is a little book called Gli Amici di Gesù, The Friends of Jesus. It will be fairly … Read More
QUAERITUR: birettiquette, revisited
And now for the really important things. From a reader: Dear Father,Can you point me (or ask your readers to help to point me) in the direction of a guide to the use of the biretta at Mass in the … Read More
St. Martha: pulling apart a painting
In the National Gallery in London, you will find a painting by Velazquez entitled Christ in the House of Martha and Mary. I never fail to visit it when I visit that gallery. The painting – a variation on the … Read More
Papal visit to the UK: people will have to pay to see the Pope? WDTPRS POLL
POLL BELOW From CNS: Catholics in England will have to pay to attend some events during Pope Benedict XVI’s Sept. 16-19 trip to Scotland and England, according to reports in our client paper in London, the Catholic Herald. Catholics will … Read More
News about Benedict XVI’s book Jesus of Nazarth vol. 2
I received a press release today that the second volume of Pope Benedict XVI’s Jesus of Nazareth will be published by Ignatius Press (no surprise there) and released in Spring 2011. Pope’s new book on Jesus to be published by … Read More
I’m Spartacus! Er… no…ummm, wait a minute!
I just heard an interesting thing as I was flipping past Sean Hannity’s show (I always flip past unless I spot a guest I am interested in). Michelle Malkin, who is usually apt when she speaks, made a strikingly bad … Read More
Oprah going to Medjugorje?
I had an email today that Oprah may be going to Medjugorje. Okay. Rumor? Fact? Dunno. But… If Oprah converts to Catholicism because of Medjugorje, then I will have to rethink my position.