First and foremost, help each other. YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Also, posts scroll out of view pretty quickly. Here’s what’s been going on lately.
- Peters on Allen on Francis’s silence on abortion, etc.
- ASK FATHER: Father said say Act of Contrition afterwards. Fr. Z rants… at priests.
- ASK FATHER: Reciting the Office or reading silently
- ASK FATHER: Report a priest who gave Communion to a Protestant minister?
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Winter Field Day – Lost!
- ROME: Huge crowd for Family Day
- WDTPRS – 4th Ordinary Sunday: Billy loves bugs
- Wherein Fr. Z promotes monkish beer!
- 250 kneeling students sing Gregorian chant for ‘ad orientem’ Mass in motel bar
- D. Marquette: New liturgical music legislation
- PHILIPPINES: Card. Zen celebrates TLM during Eucharistic Congress
- Communion given to Lutherans in St. Peter’s Basilica – The Wrap Up
- PODCAzT 141: Two Prayers of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Fr. Finelli’s podcasts about the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Father says funerals without a pall on the coffin
- Do small communities (e.g., TLM) have a future?
- “Mercy, not magic”. Year of Mercy Doors are NOT a substitute for confession
- CNS: Catholic Colleges and Title IX Exemptions
- RISEN – New movie about the Resurrection from the view of a non-believer
- ASK FATHER: Talking about homosexuality without sounding cruel
- Did I mention Acton Institute?
- COOL THING ALERT! A passel of planets!
- Stupid and blasphemous TV devil show. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Mr. Trump and Physicking the Body Politic
- PODCAzT 140: Paul VI’s 1966 Letter Sacrificium laudis on the use of Latin and Gregorian chant by religious [Yes, I’m getting back into making these.]
- WDTPRS: Conversion of St. Paul – Collects compared (1962MR & 2002MR)
- ASK FATHER: Should women say “Domine, non sum digna”?
- Septuagesima: “Burying the Alleluia”
- 16th c. Samurai, martyr, advanced closer to beatification
- Pope Francis: “there cannot be confusion between the family desired by God and every other type of union”
- Some profess respect for separated heretical brethren, but hate unseparated traditional brethren
- Tales from a snow-stuck pilgrim bus: “Here in this place new snow is falling…”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Middle Of Nowhere
- WDTPRS Septuagesima Sunday: “What am I getting myself into?!?”
- 22 January: Sts. Vincent and Anastasius, martyrs
- ASK FATHER: Why is a baptismal certificate so important for annulment process?
- WDTPRS: 3rd Ordinary Sunday – “abound with good works”
Now… thanks to all of you who have been sending donations or items from my wishlists. I am deeply grateful to all my benefactors for whom I regularly say Holy Mass.
As a matter of fact, I will designate ASH WEDNESDAY’s Mass, in the evening, 6:30 PM, 10 February, for the intention of my benefactors. For those of you in the zone, Mass will be at St. Mary’s, Pine Bluff. Mass will be in the Extraordinary Form.
Also, some of you subscribe to send a monthly donation. Some days well-subscribed and some are rather lean. Today is a lean day… perhaps because not all months have a 31st day, I don’t know. There are only three people signed up for the 31st. *heavy sigh*
If you use the blog regularly, please consider subscribing for a monthly donation.
Also, as a bonus, I get the opportunity to gain an indulgence for praying for benefactors. In the Enchridion Indulgentiarum conc. 24:
Preces pro benefactoribus
Partialis indulgentia conceditur christifideli qui, supernaturali grati animi affectu ductus, orationem pro benefactoribus legitime adprobatam pie recitaverit (e. g. Retribuere dignare, Domine).
Retribuere dignare, Domine, omnibus nobis bona facientibus propter nomen tuum vitam aeternam. Amen.