SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- James Straight on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “The Most Reverend Earl K. Fernandes, ordained and installed as the Bishop of Columbus just 1 year and 8 days…”
- TonyO on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Chicken says: I happened on the instruction sheet for community bread bakers that had been left out on a table.…”
- Kathleen10 on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “Amen, to your prayer Fr Z!”
- MrsBridge on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Born October 1945. First of nine in a twenty-year span. Mom on good days: “Say your prayers.” Mom on other…”
- Saint110676 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-06- 01 – Trinity Sunday: “Instead of a clergy cookout, what does not +Atticus have a clergy golf outing? More fun and more beneficial to…”
- ajf1984 on Unintentional good advice.: “To clarify–I am not saying that the humeral veil should be dispensed with for Benediction! Just that, rather, an enhanced…”
- ajf1984 on Unintentional good advice.: “Along the same lines as L.’s comment, I have trouble squaring the following circle: When Father or Deacon presides at…”
- hwriggles4 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Here’s a story about my dad I have to share: My grandfather was being assigned to the Philippines after WWII.…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “On the other hand, I grew up in the 90s. I didn’t have many friends, and not none at all…”
- PostCatholic on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Are the cords and tassels meant to symbolize something, or are they just ornamental?”
- L. on Unintentional good advice.: “It has never made sense to me that the Bishops want to renew belief in the Real Presence, but, in…”
- JonPatrick on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “I think there was a big change after WW2 when people moved out of the city to the suburbs. There…”
- giveglory on Daily Rome Shot 710: “I just started reading “Crucifixion to Creation”. I love Fr. Mawdsley!”
- jflare29 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: ““…Dad went to work and mom stayed home.” That was the first thing that came to mind for me, too.”
- JabbaPapa on ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations: “Ipsitilla : Not sure if it’s helpful, but the Youtube channel belongs to Joël Devillet, and the original title of…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-06- 01 – Trinity Sunday
- Daily Rome Shot 711
- Unintentional good advice.
- Daily Rome Shot 710
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 7 January 2016
TLM: Evangelize or else close and die.
Some of you are writing to me today about a piece at the National Catholic Register by my friend Msgr. Charles Pope in Washington DC about the future of the TLM or Traditional Latin Mass. Pope contends that a ceiling … Read More
Synod’s Final Report: “Deceptive in a very serious way… Something here is not right.”
At my old stomping ground The Wanderer (I was a columnist for 11 years) there is an interview with His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke. They discuss the Synod of Bishops and its “Final Report”. Here is a bit of … Read More
Z-Swag In The Wild: DESTRUCTION!
Every once in a while I get photos of Z-Swag “in the wild”. This came in today with the message: Someone ripped it off the car, while parked at […]. It went down fighting! (Note the tough shards.) The sticker … Read More
Is Christianity becoming a religion filled with cowards?
Go read the piece at Crisis: Has Christianity Become a Coward’s Religion? Sample: In such times it is right to wonder whether Christianity really has become a religion filled with cowards. Christianity is not a coward’s religion, for its truth … Read More
LEPANTO INSTITUTE: National Catholic Reporter MUST be Banned by US Bishops
At Lepanto Institute there is a call to the US bishops to “ban” the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap). In the post there a good summary of the sort of dreck that flows from that open pipe. They make a … Read More
VIDEO: A CALL TO BATTLE: ‘Society’s Crisis in Masculinity’
The Diocese of Phoenix, under the oversight of impressive Bishop Thomas Olmsted, has issued a 10 minute video. A Call to Battle – A Short Film on ‘Society’s Crisis in Masculinity’ 4975 views at the time of this posting. Last … Read More
Your Real Epiphany Sermon Notes
Last night, 6 January, we celebrated real Epiphany with a Solemn Mass. At the beginning we blessed chalk. Alas, there was no myrrh, though there was plenty of frankincense. Our Deacon, Fr. Schroeder, sang the Noveritis. Were you able to go … Read More