SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 289
- Daily Rome Shot 288
- Reaction to the cruel suppression in Guadalajara
- Daily Rome Shot 287
- ACTION ITEM! Help 13 and 11 year olds raise money for a pregnancy center. – UPDATE
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 26 September ’21
- Card. Sarah’s latest interview includes comments on liturgy and Latin and Tradition, Benedict XVI, the Synod, and Vatican II
- Daily Rome Shot 286
- WDTPRS – 26th Ordinary Sunday: Out of our gourds with anger at God for not conforming to our will
- This is the sort of person whom the House voted that it’s okay to kill up to birth
- Just to lighten your day a little,…
- Francis appointed a “Special Delegate” to take complete control of the group “Memores Domini”. They take care of Benedict XVI. – UPDATED
- What Fr. Z is up to.
- Daily Rome Shot 285
- When the Vicissitudes™ are winding you up… UPDATED
- Daily Rome Shot 284
- Cri de Coeur: “What next?” After which, Fr. Z rants.
- Daily Rome Shot 283
- BOOK ALERT: The Sabbatical by Michael D. O’Brien
- Archd. of Guadalajara – the ‘Traditionis custodes’ spiritual segregation continues
- Look at what is happening in the Church and in these USA. A visual image.
- Francis’ dialogue with Jesuits in Bratislava about the Vetus Ordo, homosexuality, people who “wanted him dead”, a global Catholic TV channel doing the “work of the devil”
- Daily Rome Shot 282
- Vatican City State now demands COVID-1984 “Green Pass” or you can’t enter. Meanwhile, in Canada….
- Daily Rome Shot 281
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 17th Sunday after Pentecost (25th Ordinary – N.O.)
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 19 September ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 280
- ASK FATHER: Purchased a former Masonic Temple…. now what?
- Fishwrap posts about a profound spiritual experience, probably demonic, but profound
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 19 March 2021
And yet another point about the cruel, cold edict from High Atop The Thing against priests who want to offer Holy Mass at side altars of San Pietro… as they have been able to do for decades. Those applauding this … Read More
Today on the Feast of St. Joseph, and a Lenten Friday, I have two Bonus Shots. First, Photo by Bree Dail. And next… Photo by The Great Roman™. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this sign, with … Read More
Here also are my audio projects of the Way of the Cross. On 1st Fridays, do please pray the Act of Reparation. What we need right now is PRAYER, especially now. And remember to GO TO CONFESSION! For priests, especially, try The Way Of … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: A couple of years ago, I attended an investiture of the Brown Scapular at my local parish. The ceremony was officiated by one of the parish’s permanent deacons. A priest was not present. A few days … Read More
Today, the Feast of St. Joseph, remember to seek the indulgences attached to invoking the intercession of St. Joseph – Cf. Preces in honorem S. Joseph. Enchiridion 1999, conc. 19; Enchiridion 1986, conc. 6. Also, since this is a year … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: You have frequently posted blogs stating that the Friday penance is abrogated when that Friday is a solemnity. Would that apply to a Lenten Friday also, in this case tomorrow – the solemnity of the glorious … Read More
For Lent I offer daily 5 minute podcasts. They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season. The Roman Station today is St. Eusebius. Today is Friday … Read More