Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. Charles A. F.: Giordano Bruno, IMHO, amply deserved his fate, as cardinal Giovanni Mercati also stated in 1942. In Early Modern Europe, they didn’ ;t burn you just for being a heretic; you...
- Clinton R.: If heretics were burned at the stake now, we’d be warm from the glow all winter long.
- Elizium23: I am not sure how it plays out in common practice, but when I was becoming acquainted with the Byzantine Rite Divine Liturgy, I became aware that the faithful were quite accustomed to...
- Fallibilissimo: The statue isn’ t too bad Fr. I’m not a fan of the pedestal (like nearly everything from that era, it’s disrespect ful of the style of Rome), but the statue is...
- KateD: *I pointed
- KateD: roma247, OMGosh! I just read! They were given to the Orthodox?! ? How is that even POSSIBLE?! ? This is more upsetting that just about anything else I’ve heard about this pontificat e. THEY...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: It seems to me that that’s the statue of a heretic. And a repulsive statue to boot.
- dmflinn: You must be kidding are you advocating the burning of people who are thought to be a heretic?
- scholastica: https://an geluspress .org/colle ctions/tri dentine-ma ss/product s/10-pack- sunday-mis sal-bookle t This is a great product by SSPX publishing arm. You can be sure they never forgot...
- teomatteo: I always feel the wonder of the whole catholic life when these beautiful items are viewed. They belong to humanity – as our faith does as well. When I look at some of my now grown...
- JustaSinner: AaahhhR 30;now I understand . Here I thought there was logic behind it.
- teomatteo: donato2, I am not that confident in this man’ s ability to change things. I expect a rewrite of some parts of the catechism. Some word changes I think are next.
- Grateful to be Catholic: Thank you, PaulusFran ciscus, for bringing up “Epi scopalis Communio.& #8217; It can’ t be an accident that it was issued in time for the Amazon Synod. I...
- JamesA: I fear you may be correct in this assessment . Except, of courseR 30;he can remain and continue to appoint rupture minded bishops and cardinals for another decade, virtually guarant...
- roma247: I have it on good authority that a new improved “red book” ; is in the works̷ 0;or will be soon… ;and by some very competent people. Please pray for the success of this...
- Prayerful: Oh to be there. The Sistine Chapel is astonishin g even without them. Photos don’ t do it justice.
- Prayerful: Fr made a particular point that since our Lord not only gave a parable, but explained, that it would be not fitting to try to do more, except to note that we should prepare for Lent.
- robtbrown: Francis has realized that a lot of people have turned on him, and they can’ t be dismissed with his customary insults of “rig id” or “Pro methean neo Pelagia...
- JGavin: Why were they suppressed , aside from the stupidity of the times?
- roma247: @JustaSinn er: for the same reason that relics such as the bones of St. Peter are being given away, and the same reason that the precious souls of Catholics are being scattered to the four...
- Fallibilissimo: Reading these, praying for you all… .there’s so much sufferance out there. God be with us. Please pray for me, for courage.
- Charles E Flynn: From All Raphael’s tapestries return to Sistine Chapel after centuries: Seven of the tapestries , commission ed by Pope Leo X, were hung in the chapel on St Stephen’s day, Decem...
- Grateful to be Catholic: A little history on that particular cappa: it belongs to the Paulus Institute, the organizati on that has been presenting Pontifical Solemn Masses at the National Shrine of...
- Tara Tremuit: I give Beans & Co. leeway on this. Francis is the chief synodizer. Everything he has said and done encourages this way of thinking. Time is greater than space, we want a synodal...
- Spinmamma: Wow indeed. I learn so much from this wonderful blog.
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. I’ll probably go this year! That’s how enjoyable it was. I’ve marked my calendar.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 17 February 1600: Giordano Bruno’s date with the stake
- JUST TOO COOL: All 12 Raphael Tapestries back in the Sistine Chapel
- Fathers! Votive options on Tuesday and Thursday after Sexagesima: Passion of the Lord and Reparation for Insults against the Eucharist
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Sexagesima and 6th Ordinary 2020
- Olive branches between Francis and Card. Müller
- ASK FATHER: What are the authentic rubrics, postures for lay people at the Traditional Latin Mass. Are we doing it wrong?
- All those synodizers, those dreamers of process, get a key thing wrong
- Card. Zen, Cops, and a Cappa Magna
- WDTPRS – Sexagesima Sunday: Some make it but many do not.
- After Querida Amazonia, Francis isn’t flavor of the month with seriously disappointed libs
- WDTPRS – 6th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “kissing the porch”
- Wherein Fr. Z responds cordially to The Remnant’s polite response – #UniteTheClans
- ASK FATHER: Adoption and “rescue” of frozen IVF embryos in cryogenic oppression through surrogate motherhood
- VIDEO – On EWTN – Fr. Murray and Dr. Royal about Exhortation, devastating interview with Card. Zen about China
- A priest is diagnosed with a brain tumor. See how he reacted.
- ASK FATHER: Two Catholics getting married in the Orthodox Church
- One year ago…. Opportunity was declared dead.
- New book by Francis strongly endorses priestly celibacy. Will Beans, Austen and crowd apologize to Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI?
- Something to warm up the heart a little
- ACTION ITEM! The “Birettas for Seminarians Project” needs URGENT ATTENTION!
- Thoughts about the Amazon Synod (“walking together”) document. Wherein Fr. Z opines also on something sad about #Bookgate
- 11 February 2013 – Benedict XVI announced abdication
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Getting things straight about the book by Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- Priestly, not prissily.
- Why does Francis partner with JEFFREY SACHS?
- The German Synod (“walking together”): the culmination of German alienation from authentic Church renewal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Septuagesima and 5th Ordinary 2020
- ACTION ITEM: Help a Catholic blogger colleague – UPDATED!
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: Affliction and Freedom
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: blasphemy
I now have quite a few emails in my box about the fashion “gala”… “gay-la”?… in NYC inspired by ecclesiastical dress of all kind, aided and abetted by “the Vatican”. It was a night that would have made any Jesuit … Continue reading
UPDATE 29 March: A friend at Holy Cross wrote: Thanks for posting on the Holy Cross blasphemy. A clarification: Elinor Reilly, the courageous student who exposed Liew’s publications in a “Fenwick Review” article (the paper was founded by Fr. Paul … Continue reading
UPDATE: It seems that there is a conflicting report about this dance. It is also said to be a flash mob organized for Children with Cancer Day, or similar. HERE I like the other version better, but if it isn’t … Continue reading
From Breitbart: Danish Man who Set Fire to Quran Charged with Blasphemy A man who burned the Islamic holy book in his backyard has been charged with blasphemy, in a move his lawyer speculates was driven by fear of Muslim … Continue reading
The moderation queue is definitely ON for this one. Initial notes. Blasphemy involves words or gestures, also thoughts, which show contempt for God or dishonor God regardless of whether the person intends that contempt or dishonor or not. Blasphemy is … Continue reading
Tonight at St. Mary’s in Pine Bluff, minutes to the west of downtown Madison, we had a Solemn Mass for the Feast of the Assumption (the parish’s patronal feast), which I offered in reparation for sacrilege and blasphemy, especially that … Continue reading
On the Feast of the Assumption, there will be a Solemn Mass at 7 PM at St. Mary’s Church in Pine Bluff, just a few minutes to the west of Madison. This Mass, while not to fulfill the obligation (which was … Continue reading
I occasionally turn on a regular network TV station. My gorge rises and I flee back to books, cable news or DVDs. I understand that there is now a TV series called Lucifer. I won’t be seeing that one. However, … Continue reading
This is troubling. On the site of 20 Minutes, in French. My sender wrote: Reporters without border’s president, Christophe Deloire, on a national TV show sunday evening, said that his organization is working toward a declaration to be agreed … Continue reading
The other day some nitwits did something like a satanic “black mass” in city government facility of Oklahoma City. You know the controversy, so I won’t go over it here. I hope that the local Archbishop, Most Reverend Paul Coakley, … Continue reading
OLDIE PODCAzT: Pentecost Tuesday St John Paul on the unforgivable sin; O.L. of Fatima and the vision of Hell
Here is an item from the archives. It is dated, but enjoy! As I wrote then… ___ Today is Tuesday in the Octave of Pentecost, or at least it ought to be in in the Novus Ordo as it is … Continue reading
This post by Ed Peters expresses closely my own view. Since he has done the heavy lifting at his blog, In The Light Of The Law, go HERE. Visit his place and take a look around. Sarah Palin’s remark warrants … Continue reading
Can I get your take on this one? I am not going to include images. They would just invite comments all by themselves. Keep in mind that the “blech factor” is going to be pretty high in this article. From … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, … First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama. This was … Continue reading