Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SemperServusDei: In an article today about yesterday’ s tragic San Gabriel Mission fire (the cause of which is under investigat ion) the LA Times could not resist an opportunit y to bash the...
- kurtmasur: And just as all of these wave of incidents are happening, the city of Prague, Czech Republic is due to inaugurate its reconstruc ted Marian column next month, right on Assumption Day. It...
- Baritone: I don’ t think your typical vandal, whether “tri ggeredR 21; or not, would write “IDO L” on a statue of the Blessed Virgin. This seems more like a theolog...
- Chrisc: Bishop BarronR 17;s word were a two edged sword. If the bishops ‘onl y want to care about spiritual goods̵ 7; and not the institutio nal church or it’s interactio n in...
- Sportsfan: I think another book by Warren H. Carrol, “The Last Crusade: Spain 1936” ; shows many similariti es to what is happening in our country today. When anarchists and communi...
- NBW: Hatred of the Church is becoming more and more visible. Read “The Guillotine And The Cross̶ 1; by Warren H. Carroll. The similariti es between France 1792 and now are striking.
- APX: The Mission Church was under renovation s at the time. There is some speculatio n that it may be related. Nothing official yet. There is some good news in that the artifacts were removed from...
- monstrance: Sportsfan, Similar to Notre Dame – we may never hear the details of what or who lit the flame. Highly coincident al that this particular Mission Church would burn now after...
- SanSan: We must protect our Bishops, Our Priests and Our Church property! A security team, maybe Kof C members stationed at each Mass. We’r e in the parking lots of SF these days, so exposed...
- Semper Gumby: “Mos t modern day bishops and priests are simply not going to step up (and Bishop Barron is correct when he points out that we have to stop whining about it), so it’s up to...
- RosaryRose: A nationally known Baptist church here uses members of the congregati on to be undercover guards, sitting in the congregati on, posted around the lobby, watching the miles of parking...
- Sportsfan: I haven̵ 7;t been able to find an article about the cause of the fire at San Gabriel. Is there any informatio n about that?
- Johann: In Lebanon and Syria Christians have to station guards armed with assault rifles to protect their Churches. I fear that this will become the default position in America and the world soon.
- Andreas: Yes, indeedR 30;be holy and just as important (as noted above), be prepared! As Gumby and others here may know, the military has long employed Operationa l Risk Management (ORM) as a...
- Tom: “In these days as well, the holiness of the faithful speaks powerfully against the currents of anti-Catho lic bigotry. 8221; I really like that comment posted above by Fr. Sotelo....
- crownvic: As a former Parish business manager, I would like to address the safety and security plan. It requires a rather large “buy in” from the congregati on. The Priest can’ t...
- Fr_Sotelo: It reminds me of the 1850’ ;s, when the Know Nothings went around burning down parish churches, Catholic schools and convents. In some places, the faithful fought back. In New York...
- Semper Gumby: Good point Fr. Z. Let’ s see here… ; м 080;с ;т 1077;l 8; с 083;о ;в 1123;́ ;н 1100;l 9;к& #1098;...
- Semper Gumby: robtbrown: Be advised: his name his Donald Rumsfeld. Once again, Ft. Leavenwort h has a St. Ignatius Church and parish.
- WVC: I should say – I understand there are plenty of bishops who may be passively or actively working with the enemy. Or at least sympatheti c, out of their own amazing ignorance or cowardi...
- WVC: At some point, will bishops start taking security of their parishes seriously? I’m happy for the pro-active pastors, and I’m thrilled that my parish is on the tip of the spear for...
- SundaySilence: The full quote from Cardinal George is: “I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up...
- chantgirl: These two articles give a pretty good descriptio n of what has been happening with the rosary rallies in St. Louis. The nights when we have participat ed have been pretty calm, thankfu...
- robtbrown: I just noticed a mistake on my above post. Should be: Around 20 years ago the Catholic Chapel at Ft Leavenwort h (St Ignatius) was destroyed by fire. My understand ing is that it had...
- Semper Gumby: The LA Times article, on the day of the arson, includes agit-prop against the San Gabriel Mission and St. Junipero Serra. Sed contra: From “The Far Western Frontier 1830-18...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. IT IS ON FOR THIS YEAR!
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- 12 July – Traditional Latin Mass – 6th Sunday after Pentecost – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- It’s someone else… until it’s your turn: churches attacked, burned in these USA!
- 11 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Another milestone…
- 10 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Seven Maccabees, et al. – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A man you readers helped has been ordained to the priesthood!
- 9 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Thomas More & John Fisher – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Big Business Abortion NOT happy with “Little Sisters of the Poor v. Pennsylvania”
- THE REMNANT posted: Rosary Crusade, Prayer by Archbishop Viganò for Reelection of Donald Trump
- PRIESTS: Are you available to take a “Gregorian Mass” intention? UPDATE
- 8 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ASK FATHER: “I am struggling with my faith due to intense anxiety about death. What makes you believe in God?”
- Fr. Z rants about the problems in the streets, offers suggestions. ACTION ITEM!
- LatinMass.live alive again
- The Coming Storm: St. Louis
- 07/07/07 – 13th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Fr. Z rants.
- 7 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A priest makes changes: Ritus Covidensis!
- URGENT – TIME SENSITIVE – INFO NEEDED ABOUT DENIAL OF COMMUNION ON THE TONGUE – REPOST, TWEET, ETC.
- Thanks for the music! Charlie Daniels and Ennio Morricone
- 6 July: Pius XII during the Canonization of St. Maria Goretti – AUDIO
- 6 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Maria Goretti, Virgin & Martyr – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- JUST TOO COOL! “SHEEP, EYES, NOSE, DEER, BLOW UP, TEA, MOUSE, TURKEY, ONION”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 5th after Pentecost (NO: 14th Ordinary) 2020
- URGENT: Archbp. Broglio of @MilArchUSA on Navy Prohibiting Participation in Off-Base Religious Services
- UPDATE on FEEDBACK: How has the COVID-1984 lockdown changed you LITURGICALLY? Priests and laity.
- 4 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive of Immaculate Heart of Mary – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- GREAT BOOK: With Latin in the Service of the Popes: The Memoirs of Antonio Cardinal Bacci (1885?1971)
- Sadly amusing sign of the times
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: The Extraordinary Ordinary
From what I have picked up, many people these days look at annual diocesan fundraising drives and campaigns with deep suspicion or even resentment. I have received numerous emails asking about the morality of cutting off money to dioceses or … Continue reading
Two recent pieces about the late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop Robert C. Morlino of Madison, tell you a great deal about the man, who was misunderstood by many – purposely in the case of quite a few. First, there is … Continue reading
The death of Bp. Morlino of Madison has had the effect of demonstrating that he truly deserved the nickname The Extraordinary Ordinary. I have received a flood of emails and text messages from all over the world expressing sorrow at … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: The last two years about this time of year you have posted a letter from the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Morlino, announcing that he will do Confirmations in the EF. Do you know if he will do … Continue reading
VIDEO & PICS – Pontifical Mass & Consecration of new Abbess, vows, clothing of nuns, revelation of location of new daughter house!
Today I was blessed to attend, at the newly consecrated Abbey Church of Our Lady of Ephesus, the blessing of the new Abbess, Mother Cecilia. Also, we had, in the context of the Pontifical Solemn Mass celebrated by His Excellency … Continue reading
For a while I have had a link on the sidebar, with the image of the beautiful holy card of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy, to a page with a Daily Prayer For Priests. I would be pleased and … Continue reading
Many bishops in these USA and in Canada are making statements in wake of L’Affaire McCarrick and the PA Grand Jury Report. Some are better than others. The Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) … Continue reading
On 1 August, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordinary Ordinary, will mark the 15th anniversary of his installation as the 4th Bishop of Madison. The TMSM has begun to gather a Spiritual Bouquet for His Excellency, especially … Continue reading
We of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison have posted some splendid photos of the 1st Solemn Mass of the new Fr. Peter Lee, ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert C. Morlino for the aforementioned diocese. … Continue reading
From the site of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison: On Friday, June 29, His Excellency the Most Rev. Robert Morlino [The Extraordinary Ordinary] will be ordaining three seminarians of the diocese to the Holy Order of … Continue reading
PHOTOS @MadisonDiocese – Corpus Christi Mass with Procession – Traditional Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Yesterday evening, real Corpus Christi, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with a Eucharistic Procession at St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI, a beautiful little church in a deeply German area of the diocese. Here are a few photos … Continue reading
There is a plentiful lack of clarity these days. How refreshing it is when we hear or read something that is faithful, true and clear. I offer for your attention a commencement address given at Thomas Aquinas College in California … Continue reading
At the National Catholic Register there is a good article about several US bishops who have been persecuted by the catholic Left. Little-Known Facts About 7 North American Bishops Facts about Bishop James Conley, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Archbishop Michael Miller, Bishop Robert … Continue reading
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area. We started with a … Continue reading