About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- gaudiumcumpace: It isn’t the first time in history where there were two popes at the same time or even a vacant seat of Peter. St Vincent Ferrer and Catherine of Siena who were contempora ries...
- KevinSymonds: Good morning, Fr. Z.! I wanted to inform you that I have published a reply to your post about Fatima and the third part of the secret: https://ke vinsymonds .com/2020/ 01/29/z...
- Markus: As an avid reader, I have read many disaster series and the predicted aftermath is the same. Akart’s latest series relates to the magnetic polar shift which is happening today. The magne...
- robtbrown: First, it is not apparent to me–n or, as far as I know– ;what the authority of an emeritus bishop (including the pope) is. An ordinarius loci has jurisdicti on over a geogra...
- ChrisP: “Now we see Him indistinct , as if in a mirror; then, we shall see Him face to face” ; I think this could be candidate topic for self licking ice cream, but suffice to suggest...
- Rob83: This image calls to mind something else. When the angel cries penance is when the image of the bishop dressed in white appears – almost as if he is the object of the angel̵ 7;s...
- ARAD02: It was an amazing event. I stood from around 9:45 am until sitting outside of the House of Representa tives around 3:45 pm. Boy… .was I ready to sit for a minute at the end! :) The...
- OssaSola: Highly recommende d: The Coming Plague by Laurie Garrett. Non-fictio n discussion of newly emerging disease threats. Written for the general reader and I found it to be riveting.
- GregB: There are several verses in the Bible that refer to mirrors. Some of the more interestin g ones are: * Proverbs 27:19 * As in water face answers to face, so the mind of man reflects the man....
- TRW: Many good points made. I do think that the images appearing as “som ething similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it” is simply Sr. Lucia attempting to...
- khouri: The Mother of God’ s greatest honor and greatest title is just that, “Mot her of God” . The Church at the Council of Ephesus gave the title “The otokosR 21;...
- JustaSinner: The Stand, IMHO one of the best novels ever… ;all 1000+ pages.
- Adelle Cecilia: Now, see… I did “pre view,̶ 1; and it showed my “thu mbs up,” not a “? 8221; Oh well.
- Adelle Cecilia: Indeed. ?
- Grant M: Worried about Coronaviru s? Recommends “The Jakarta Pandemic 8221;. Sardonic laughter. I live in Jakarta.
- Ave Maria: No flu shot for me ever.
- Semper Gumby: acardnal: According to that sage of sand and sea, Jimmy Buffet, it’s five o’cl ock somewhere.
- templariidvm: I have always had trouble/st ruggled with the Blessed Mother as oracle or soothsayer . I’ll be honest, I tend to avoid trying to interpret these things. Clear things like...
- acardnal: So get your flu shot. Go to confession . Have a drink.
- acardnal: It should be noted that more people have died from the flu this season than from coronaviru s. In the USA about 8100 since October!
- Semper Gumby: Solid first paragraph Fr. Z. Earth Abides is a good novel, thanks ArthurH. For what it’s worth, some background info on the 1918 pandemic. Some say it originated in Asia or...
- Benedictus: At first, I thought that our shepherds had our best interest and would not lie to us. I took what the hierarchy said about Fatima and that was the end of it. With the lies, manipul...
- Fr_Sotelo: Suburbanba nshee, Thank you for providing the original Portuguese . Your two posts above are an excellent explanatio n of the phrasing that Sister Lucia wrote. I hope others take the...
- DeeEmm: Father Z, what a brilliant observatio n!! For my part I don’t believe this vision is to be understood literally in its entirety and your words give us a good example. This is why we need...
- Facta Non Verba: The 2011 movie Contagion, with Matt Damon, is chilling. It is fictional, of course, but takes place in Minneapoli s. At one point, they close the border with Wisconsin to trap all...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Worried about Coronavirus? Feed your anxiety, and commonsense.
- A troubling, curious point in the Third Secret of Fátima
- Wherein Fr. Rutler hits for six
- ASK FATHER: The “churching” of women after childbirth and the blessing of expecting mothers
- Too often TV and film directors and designers get Catholic thing wrong, absurdly so.
- Your Good News
- Death, #KobeBryant, and You
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd after Epiphany (TLM) & 3rd Ordinary (NO) 2020
- VIDEO: Doing something
- My View For Awhile: Staunton Edition
- 450K-500K estimated at 2020 March For Life
- Washington DC DAYS 2-3: Motus and POTUS
- Washington DC DAY 1: Goofing around, a kitchen and a quote
- My View For Awhile: To Washington DC, NON-Impeachment Edition
- A site with statistics for the growth and availability of the Traditional Latin Mass?
- 21 January St. Agnes: “Intercede and beg a return of orthodoxy, sanity and sanctity to the Roman Church!”
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- A diocese smells the coffee: starts planning for decline of the Novus Ordo and growth of the TLM
- ASK FATHER: Glass chalices…. again?
- A few things of interest: TLM pilgrimage opp, new book, against pendulums, and Warhol the hack
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 2nd Sunday – 2020
- Wherein Fr. Z is moved to pray to martyred nuns, newly discovered, about something that happened today. – UPDATED
- A note of thanks. Mass for Benefactors.
- Remember #UniteTheClans ? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST for a young priest diagnosed with ALS – #padresfight
- WDTPRS – 2nd Ordinary (NO) & 2nd Sunday after Epiphany (TLM): God knows our needs better than we do.
- Card. Sarah has met with Benedict XVI as the haters stir “incessant, nauseating, dishonest controversy” #BOOKGATE
- UPDATE! ASK FATHER: Use of a Catholic church for the “ordination” of woman Episcopalian “bishop”
- ASK FATHER: I discovered that the hosts used are from flour of a variety of grains. What to do?
- “Let the Jesuits come to me. With hands in the air and without algorithms.” Fr. Z says: Let the Jesuits GO TO CHINA.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: The Extraordinary Ordinary
From what I have picked up, many people these days look at annual diocesan fundraising drives and campaigns with deep suspicion or even resentment. I have received numerous emails asking about the morality of cutting off money to dioceses or … Continue reading
Two recent pieces about the late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop Robert C. Morlino of Madison, tell you a great deal about the man, who was misunderstood by many – purposely in the case of quite a few. First, there is … Continue reading
The death of Bp. Morlino of Madison has had the effect of demonstrating that he truly deserved the nickname The Extraordinary Ordinary. I have received a flood of emails and text messages from all over the world expressing sorrow at … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: The last two years about this time of year you have posted a letter from the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Morlino, announcing that he will do Confirmations in the EF. Do you know if he will do … Continue reading
VIDEO & PICS – Pontifical Mass & Consecration of new Abbess, vows, clothing of nuns, revelation of location of new daughter house!
Today I was blessed to attend, at the newly consecrated Abbey Church of Our Lady of Ephesus, the blessing of the new Abbess, Mother Cecilia. Also, we had, in the context of the Pontifical Solemn Mass celebrated by His Excellency … Continue reading
For a while I have had a link on the sidebar, with the image of the beautiful holy card of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy, to a page with a Daily Prayer For Priests. I would be pleased and … Continue reading
Many bishops in these USA and in Canada are making statements in wake of L’Affaire McCarrick and the PA Grand Jury Report. Some are better than others. The Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) … Continue reading
On 1 August, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordinary Ordinary, will mark the 15th anniversary of his installation as the 4th Bishop of Madison. The TMSM has begun to gather a Spiritual Bouquet for His Excellency, especially … Continue reading
We of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison have posted some splendid photos of the 1st Solemn Mass of the new Fr. Peter Lee, ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert C. Morlino for the aforementioned diocese. … Continue reading
From the site of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison: On Friday, June 29, His Excellency the Most Rev. Robert Morlino [The Extraordinary Ordinary] will be ordaining three seminarians of the diocese to the Holy Order of … Continue reading
PHOTOS @MadisonDiocese – Corpus Christi Mass with Procession – Traditional Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Yesterday evening, real Corpus Christi, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with a Eucharistic Procession at St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI, a beautiful little church in a deeply German area of the diocese. Here are a few photos … Continue reading
There is a plentiful lack of clarity these days. How refreshing it is when we hear or read something that is faithful, true and clear. I offer for your attention a commencement address given at Thomas Aquinas College in California … Continue reading
At the National Catholic Register there is a good article about several US bishops who have been persecuted by the catholic Left. Little-Known Facts About 7 North American Bishops Facts about Bishop James Conley, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Archbishop Michael Miller, Bishop Robert … Continue reading
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area. We started with a … Continue reading