SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- JustaSinner on 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO: “The Litanies are always beautiful; especially when done in Latin with a well spoken Priest. But alas, I’d just take…”
- cmfzed on “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”: ““Major league help” … I see what you did there. ¦-D”
- Liz on “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”: “I am so touched by Sr. Wilhelmina. I didn’t know her in the earthly life. I only know her now.…”
- pannw on 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination: “I’m glad I saw this in time, at least where I am, and was able to say a prayer for…”
- Legisperitus on “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”: “Much better and truer as applied to Catholic Tradition than to that fairly recent arrival known as baseball.”
- Credoh on 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO: “Thank you, Father. There’s a litany to St Philip Neri on English in “A Prayerbook of Favorite Litanies” by Fr…”
- Diane on 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination: “Wow. Congratulations Father Z on the 32nd Anniversary of your Ordination. I am honored to read your posts each day…”
- PostCatholic on This might provoke a Snicker or two.: “It does surprise me that for the small sin of accepting a lei and then not removing it, we’ve got…”
- waalaw on 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination: “I distinctly remember how emotions overcame you when you offered Mass at St. John Paul II’s altar in the Holy…”
- IaninEngland on 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination: “Yes, indeed! Happy anniversary!”
- Venerator Sti Lot on 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination: “A last-minute Happy Anniversary while it is still 26 May in the Central European Summer Time zone! Ad multos annos,…”
- Kenneth Wolfe on “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”: “Outstanding photos.”
- Not on 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination: “Sorry I missed this. Many Prayers for you and your Priesthood and your good Mother. A Mother’s blessing to have…”
- BeatifyStickler on 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO: “The Toronto oratory prays the prayer of Baronius in public after every Saturday mass. My wife and I are expecting…”
- ordovirginum on 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination: “Happy anniversary, Father! What a grace! You are prayed for everyday.”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th Sunday after Easter, Sunday after Ascension (N.O.: 7th of) 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 20: It’s the little things.
- Bad floods in Italy! A priest. A book. A bridge.
- ASK FATHER: After being away for years, I went to confession but I forgot something.
- 20 May – The “Golden Girl” of Ostia, St. Aurea and a link with St. Augustine’s mom, Monnica
- ROME 23/05 – Day 19: Prayer request
- A Pope in hell? The curious case of Pope SAINT Peter Celestine V
- “Quam pulchri super montes pedes adnuntiantis et praedicantis” – Christ’s Ascension and His Lordly Feet
- The Lord’s Ascension and Roman Beans
- ROME 23/05 – Day 18: “A little bit of chicken fried”
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-17 – Upcoming ordination
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: flowers
15 August – Assumption – TLM opportunities & Blessing of herbs, flowers and fruit
NB: Some of you are writing email along the lines of “I’m not registered to comment, but will you please post what we are doing at St. Unthread in the Glen?” No. Register and post it yourself. That’s why I … Read More
Wherein Fr. Z blissfully causes work for a harried parish priest. Another seasonal blessing: for Assumption.
I noted on the distinguished blog of the mighty Dean of Bexley, the Parish Priest of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Tim Finigan that my post about blessing grapes on the Feast of the Transfiguration stuck pay dirt. H.H. whinges: Thanks … Read More
QUAERITUR: The origin of giving flowers to Mary during weddings.
A priest friend recently asked if I knew the origin of the “custom” during weddings of giving flowers to Mary, by placing them at her statue or image (which some protestants probably think is mighty strange). I must admit, I … Read More