SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- September Ember Days
- Daily Rome Shot 799
- Card. Sarah wrote about Joseph Ratzinger and Sacred Liturgy… has the article been “cancelled”?
- The Synod on Synodality (“walking together on walking togetherity”) tackles the problem of its own CO2 emissions
- Daily Rome Shot 798
- Daily Rome Shot 797
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 16th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O.: 24th) 2023 – 3rd Sunday in the “Season of Creation”
- Adventures in Sunday Worship: St. Anne’s and the Season of Creation
- Daily Rome Shot 796
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-09-07 – Annual priest convocation
- Daily Rome Shot 795
- WDTPRS – 16th Sunday after Pentecost: We need grace so as not to fail in the vocations God entrusts to us
- 15 September: Feast of the Seven Sorrows of Mary – The “Our Lady of Sorrows Project”
- Daily Rome Shot 794
- REMEMBER! There’s only ONE expression of the Roman Rite. You can’t have your Vetus! It’s all Novus! All the time!
- Clarifications clarify the clarity of the clearness clarified.
- Card. Müller calls the October Synod (“walking together”): “the great hour of manipulation”
- Daily Rome Shot 793
- Fr. Antonio Spadaro, SJ, leaves La Civiltà Cattolica to become “Under-Secretary” at Dicastery for Culture and Education
- 14 September: Exaltation of the Cross and Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday 14 September – a good menu choice – BASIL PESTO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-09-12 – Request that relic of St. Jude’s Arm be brought to Diocese of Libville
- Daily Rome Shot 792
- Now THAT’S what I call “concelebration”!
- Ed Pentin, the best working Vaticanista in Rome, has a must read post at his blog by José Antonio Ureta
- A message from Bp. Strickland
- 12 September – Feast of the Holy Name of Mary and anniversary of the Battle of Vienna (1683)
- Daily Rome Shot 791
- Rumors of a forced-resignation attack on Bp. Joseph Strickland from ROME
- Daily Rome Shot 790
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
You all will remember the plight of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate (FFI). They have been under the heavy boot of the Congregation for Religious for a long time now. In the horrid mix were also awful allegations that … Read More
I saw at Corrispondenza Romana the news that a new Commissar has been appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. The new Commissar (Apostolic Commissioner) is a canonist, Salesian Fr. Sabino Ardito. Two assistants were also appointed, also canonists, a … Read More
From Corrispondenza Italiana: E’ morto padre Fidenzio Volpi … Fr. Fidenzio Volpi is dead. I Frati Minori Cappuccini della Provincia di S. Carlo in Lombardia hanno annunciato la morte di Padre Fidenzio Volpi, all’età di 75 anni. Le esequie verranno … Read More
UPDATE 27 Jan: I thought you might like a follow up about the collection taken for the Franciscan Friars. Here is what I received from my friend who is coordinating the project for them. I wanted to give you an … Read More
I turn to my email and find a link to a piece by the Vaticanista Marco Tosatti who writes for La Stampa. He drills into the travails of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. HERE (My translation) In sum, in … Read More
Andrea Tornielli tells us that the Holy Father granted an audience to the embattled Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. Oddly, we didn’t hear about this meeting before. It happened on 10 June. Usually the Pope’s meetings are listed in public … Read More
I direct the readership’s attention to a post by my friend Fr. Ray Blake, the great PP of Brighton. He makes a great point about the Holy See’s treatment of the LCWR and treatment given to the Franciscan Friars of … Read More
I saw this at Rorate: The latest chapter in the ‘visitation’ of the Franciscans of the Immaculate The Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata reported last Friday that the 81-year-old Fr. Stefano Manelli, founder and first Minister General of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, … Read More
Pat Archbold has written an open letter to Pope Francis about the plight of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. Here is a sample. Dear Holy Father, I urgently need your help and so do others. I have heard all … Read More
I can say with great pleasure that Fr. John Hunwicke, a Catholic priest of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, is blogging again. He had a blog which was for a while repressed by the “powers that be”. He … Read More
His Hermeneuticalness, the mighty P.P of Blackfen, the Dean of Bexley, the indominable Fr. Timothy Finigan opines on the situation the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate are faced with. The Commissar appointed by the Prefect of the Congregation for Religious, João … Read More
I had placed this entry under password protection after urgent pleas from someone in the FFIs. Enough of the news is out and around now so I am putting back into public view. The goal of the group of Friars … Read More
If Pope Francis likes religious with old, simple cars, he ought to love these guys.
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with … Read More
Here is some liturgical eye-candy for ya! Go to the site of AirMaria for many more great photos! His Eminence Card. Burke on 26 December pontificated in the Extraordinary Form at the seminary of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate … Read More