SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Music from the FSSP Seminarians in Bavaria
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- 22 January – St. Vincent Pallotti. Wherein Fr. Z reflects on God’s plan.
- NEW PROJECT “100!” Wherein Fr. Z asks for help. – UPDATED
- Unpleasant but useful reading ALERT!
- Daily Rome Shot 394
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- Daily Rome Shot 393
- 21 January – “O glorious St. Agnes, intercede with Christ the High Priest for a return of orthodoxy, sanity and sanctity to the Roman Church!”
- Hyper-papal maximalists! Pay attention.
- D. Arlington @arlingtonchurch – Devastated faithful petitioning @BishopBurbidge to ease restrictions he imposed on Catholics who want the Tradition Roman Rite
- ASK FATHER: Can a dying Catholic receive the Apostolic Pardon if there is no priest present?
- Daily Rome Shot 392
- Online classes, courses opportunities – UPDATED
- Qui distinguit bene docet. Fr. Hunwicke opines.
- NEW PROJECT “100!” Wherein Fr. Z asks for help. – UPDATED
- Daily Rome Shot 391
- A tale of two Archbishops
- A bishop’s prayer petition for this Week of Christian Unity: for Catholics who want the Traditional Latin Mass
- Your Good News
- Daily Rome Shot 390
- 17 Jan ’08 – Bobby Fischer
- New Anthology of Fulton Sheen about “The Greatest Commandment”
- Send Fr. Z your snail-mail 2021 CHRISTMAS CARDS! – UPDATE
- Daily Rome Shot 389
- Cupich’s war on Catholics continues: a Chicago pastor speaks up – UPDATED with tweet from Bp. Strickland @Bishopoftyler
- Vetus Ordo – Viganò – VIDEO
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 16 January ’22
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 2nd Sunday after Epiphany (Novus Ordo: 2nd Ordinary)
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Epiphany (Novus Ordo: 2nd Ordinary): a “liturgical unicorn”
- Daily Rome Shot 388
- Daily Rome Shot 387
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: social communications
At the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is an interesting piece by our old pal Phyllis Zagano which merits a little – just a little – attention. She never misses an opportunity to work in tidbits about the disparity of … Read More →
Many parish bulletins have to be put together some good time in advance of their printing and delivery and distribution. However, on Sunday Pope Francis dropped a surprise on the entire Catholic Church by calling for a day of prayer and … Read More →
Some years ago I was hanging around outside the Paul VI audience hall (Vatican) during a plenary session of the Italian Bishops Conference. I was waiting for my bishop to emerge. As I waited I chatted with fellow journalists, the … Read More →
This is interesting. From the Pontifical Council for Social Communications: VATICAN CITY (CNS) — The Vatican is in line to control the new Internet address extension “.catholic” and decide who is allowed to use it. The Internet Corporation for Assigned … Read More →
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! I am curious about your use of “social networks” such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ just to name a few. Please choose your best answer and then (if you are registered here) leave a comment … Read More →
Diocesan official says “I believe that blogging as currently manifested should be made a serious criminal offence”
My good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeneuticalness, told me a puzzling tale. Once upon a time, a man learned that the Holy See has stepped up its concern about the rise of Satanism and has stressed that all dioceses … Read More →
From CNA comes this, with my emphases. Vatican official calls for ‘pastoral conversion’ on new media Vatican City, Oct 15, 2010 / 09:51 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Church must intensify its presence in today’s “digital culture,” Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli, … Read More →
First, may I direct you back to an editorial I wrote for the UK’s Catholic Herald? From CNA: Holy Father encourages online priestly ministry Vatican City, Jan 23, 2010 / 10:24 am (CNA).- In his message for the 44th World … Read More →