Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- chantgirl: These two articles give a pretty good descriptio n of what has been happening with the rosary rallies in St. Louis. The nights when we have participat ed have been pretty calm, thankfu...
- robtbrown: I just noticed a mistake on my above post. Should be: Around 20 years ago the Catholic Chapel at Ft Leavenwort h (St Ignatius) was destroyed by fire. My understand ing is that it had...
- Semper Gumby: “Tec hnical assistance is provided through presentati ons, workshops, webinars, tabletop exercises, and training.& #8221; “Add itionally, DHS’s National Protection and...
- Clinton R.: Here in California , they destroyed the statues of St. Junipero Serra last month. Today, San Gabriel Mission was burned down. What next? They will get tired of destroying statues and...
- Semper Gumby: Update from First Liberty regarding a memo from Acting Undersecre tary of the Navy Slavonic to the Commandant of the Marine Corps and Chief of Naval Operations SUBJECT: Clarificat ion...
- acardnal: Your Latin phrase at the end reminded me of something Gen. George Washington said in a letter in 1780, “The re is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet...
- acardnal: As you often quote Father Z: The late Cardinal George of Chicago said, “I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public...
- Alex: The church in Ocala is served by the FSSP one Mass per week. A priest drives up from their Naples or Sarasota apostolate each Sunday evening to offer the TLM. It’s the only non SSPX TLM...
- tho: We will never have sanity, aka logic, in our church, until we actually experience our Bishops excommunic ating CINOPs, Catholic In Name Only Politician s. Whether our Prelates think that...
- cyrillist: Maccabees? Seven Holy Martyrs, rather – sons of St. Felicitas.
- tskrobola: One more tactical note: Since video taping the event with your own people is a key way to defend yourself politicall y and legally, making sure to position your video people and to keep...
- tskrobola: But make no mistake you need to have a perimeter of defense. Those on the perimeter should be trained in and practice primarily non violent resistence , of course, but the perime...
- tskrobola: Some have suggested that the only risk free approach to being in a public square and to pray is to let the other side do whatever they want to you. I disagree I think videos like this...
- RosaryRose: That’s fantastic Fr Z! Daily reader – pray morning prayers, get a cup of coffee then read Fr Z. God bless you & all of your readers.
- kat: (Question mark shouldn’t be there)
- kat: I happen to know that at least one of your blogposts, maybe more, was printed and hung at the new SSPX seminary for all the seminarian s to see!?
- Mariana2: I visit the salo(o)n several times a day. CouldnR 17;t do without it. Thanks, Father!
- Felipe: I stop by daily, mostly read, rarely comment. I wonder how many people check the blog daily, that might be a cool poll to take lol
- Clinton R.: Wow! 97 million visits!!! Only God knows how many souls have been saved just by seeing your exhortatio n to GO TO CONFESSION !
- DebbieInCT: oh, how beautiful! !!! And the photo is, too!! All God’ s abundant blessings upon Fr. Ong!
- Semper Gumby: “This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichor d around which polite society gathered for entertainm ent and edificatio n and, on the other hand, a...
- Semper Gumby: “We’ re tired of these damn nuns.̶ 1; Huh. I did not know Dr. Evil was a blogger. “Rew ire.News is an award-winn ing,” ; nonprofit daily online publicatio nR...
- Semper Gumby: Pres. Trump has asked the Treasury Dept. to review the tax-free status of Indoctrina tion Mills. Evergreen State College is one example: “The Evergreen campus had, for years,...
- JoanM: I normlly visit yor blog FR twice a day
- Joy1985: You are definitely well known out there in the WWW.
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. IT IS ON FOR THIS YEAR!
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- It’s someone else… until it’s your turn: churches attacked, burned in these USA!
- 11 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Another milestone…
- 10 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Seven Maccabees, et al. – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A man you readers helped has been ordained to the priesthood!
- 9 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Thomas More & John Fisher – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Big Business Abortion NOT happy with “Little Sisters of the Poor v. Pennsylvania”
- THE REMNANT posted: Rosary Crusade, Prayer by Archbishop Viganò for Reelection of Donald Trump
- PRIESTS: Are you available to take a “Gregorian Mass” intention? UPDATE
- 8 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ASK FATHER: “I am struggling with my faith due to intense anxiety about death. What makes you believe in God?”
- Fr. Z rants about the problems in the streets, offers suggestions. ACTION ITEM!
- LatinMass.live alive again
- The Coming Storm: St. Louis
- 07/07/07 – 13th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Fr. Z rants.
- 7 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A priest makes changes: Ritus Covidensis!
- URGENT – TIME SENSITIVE – INFO NEEDED ABOUT DENIAL OF COMMUNION ON THE TONGUE – REPOST, TWEET, ETC.
- Thanks for the music! Charlie Daniels and Ennio Morricone
- 6 July: Pius XII during the Canonization of St. Maria Goretti – AUDIO
- 6 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Maria Goretti, Virgin & Martyr – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- JUST TOO COOL! “SHEEP, EYES, NOSE, DEER, BLOW UP, TEA, MOUSE, TURKEY, ONION”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 5th after Pentecost (NO: 14th Ordinary) 2020
- URGENT: Archbp. Broglio of @MilArchUSA on Navy Prohibiting Participation in Off-Base Religious Services
- UPDATE on FEEDBACK: How has the COVID-1984 lockdown changed you LITURGICALLY? Priests and laity.
- 4 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive of Immaculate Heart of Mary – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- GREAT BOOK: With Latin in the Service of the Popes: The Memoirs of Antonio Cardinal Bacci (1885?1971)
- Sadly amusing sign of the times
- 3 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Irenaeus – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Phyllis Zagano
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Continue reading
At Fishwrap, which is ever devolving into the delusions they have fomented over the years, you can read about the devious Jesuit promoter of sodomy – I know, I know – James Keenan. Weigel’s notes on Keenan’s antics are helpful. Keenan … Continue reading
A few days ago Jesuit Fr. Thomas Reese, who had been relieved of his post as editor of America Magazine when Card. Ratzinger was Prefect of the CDF, and who now writes for the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) came … Continue reading
Our old pal Phyllis Zagano has a fresh column at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter). How’s this for a captatio benevolentiae? Pope Francis named just one woman from the Western Hemisphere to his commission on women deacons. That would be me. … Continue reading
The Holy Father appointed a committee to study – again – the notion of ordination of women as deacons. This was already studied by the International Theological Commission, which leaned away from the possibility of sacramental ordination. It is good to … Continue reading
Here is something pretty bizzare… This has come out of the blue like a… that thing that comes out of the blue. A bolt? A raise in your health insurance premium? A sprained ankle? My point is that, as I write, none … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) our old pal, and promoter of women’s ordination, Phyllis Zagano has another knee-slapper. She has a penchant for over-the-top moral equivalencies. Let’s see her latest cringe-worthy claim: Because the Catholic Church doesn’t ordain women, the Catholic Church … Continue reading
Every once in a while you will encounter the bizarre practice of listing the names of wives of permanent (and married) deacons together with the names of their clerical husbands. You might also see the wives troop into a church in … Continue reading
I find myself in complete agreement with Phyllis Zagano. [Those sounds you are hearing are jaws hitting desks, mugs of Mystic Monk coffee dropping to the floor with a crash and splash, astonished readers sliding off chairs in a swoon.] … Continue reading
You will recall that our old pal Phyllis Zagano, a writer for the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap), promoted her MOOS for the ordination of women. MOOS means, I understand, a “Massive Online Open Seminar”. It seems it was not … Continue reading
A few days back the Vicar of Christ, Pope Francis, gave an interview to Il Messaggero. There wasn’t much of interest in it. The Pope is becoming a little bit more careful, it seems. Rush Limbaugh and Michael Sean Winters … Continue reading
Some folks who are Catholics for the Ordination of Women (C.O.W.s) are now offering their MOOS to the general public. Not tweets… MOOS! Exciting! I saw at, where else, the National Schismatic Reporter (aka The Fishwrap) that MOOS are yours … Continue reading