Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- teomatteo: “stu dy the chinese language 8221;. Then go into virology.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I can remember priests fulminatin g against Masses without the people a quarter of a century ago, saying that they’d rather not celebrate Mass at all than celebrate without...
- monstrance: Besides – don’t ever let a beautiful side altar go to waste
- bobbird: To answer Fr. Z’s question about Pell’ ;s reputation , let us take out a proverb: “Rep utation is what Man thinks of you, Character is what God thinks of you.” ; Abp....
- Suburbanbanshee: This is kinda long, so feel free to read and delete it! But it’s a cool hymn from AD 661 Ireland. Some say St. Colman composed it all, while others say he did a few verses,...
- adriennep: Yes, out of the prison and now into public confinemen t. We can imitate his example of what to do while in prison: comfort the afflicted and spread the Gospel. That is what he did there,...
- Suburbanbanshee: So priest hermits never existed, if we believe Beans.
- Josephus Corvus: Praise be to God! I can just imagine this conversati on as he is set free: “You are finally free from solitary confinemen t in prison, Your Eminence. Now please go to your...
- Antonin: In the Divine Liturgy, there must be at least one other person present for responses. It may never be celebrated privately. Is this true for the Latin rite as well? [It is always better to...
- CasaSanBruno: That poor man. Revealing the hideous contents of his soul in such an embarrassi ng way. St. Peter Damian wrote a letter, “Dom inus Vobiscum,& #8221; which addresses the valid...
- Spinmamma: Ugh. Not just another blow in the scourging but a spear aimed at the heart. Unspeakabl e.
- Fallibilissimo: He’s a jackass. Doesn̵ 7;t mean I’m not one too, but that’ ;s just what it is. In the meantime, I want to express my personal gratitude and appreciati on for...
- Kathleen10: Thank you Fr. Z! And thank you for live-strea ming the Mass. I don’ t know military time but there is a “rem inder̶ 1; button that tells the time of the Mass.
- Kathleen10: Wonderful prayer. It is an amazing juxtaposit ion, the global threat to life reaching it’s peak, and Easter. But what is amazing, to God. In our house we are daring to hope!
- BeautifulSavior: Praised be God now and forever! I’ve been praying for him daily in my morning offering for his release. The Lord has compassion for his servant. Now a song of pure joy be raised to...
- ajf1984: Te Deum laudamus, indeed! A clear and present sign that God continues to work wonders and answer prayers. I had the privilege of meeting His Eminence at Ave Maria University many moons...
- Charles E Flynn: The full text of the High Court’s judgement is online: Judgment of the High Court of Australia: PELL v THE QUEEN  HCA 12 In the upper right corner of the scrolling window,...
- Barnacle: Thank you Fr. Z! From now on your prayer is my prayer!
- JWDenver: Cardinal Pell’ ;s ordeal illustrate s the power of what evil one lie can accomplish . That is because try as he might George Pell will never get his reputation and good name back...
- Ellen: I just finished this prayer which says it all. I want so much to go back to Mass and Communion. Please God, make it soon.
- Benedict Joseph: We can take heart that vindicatio n should come about in Holy Week, it magnifies its significan ce. God reward the Justices who were willing to, in effect, pass judgement on a...
- Ms. M-S: Thanks, Fr. Z. It’s a blessing to wake up to the podcasts, the daily offerings, and today to the wonderful news about Cardinal Pell.
- Ms. M-S: Thanks for this beautiful prayer, which you offer us just as we can divert the energy of our prayers for Cardinal Pel’ s deliveranc e to our prayers for mankind 217;s deliveranc e...
- Suburbanbanshee: That was weird̷ 0; The front page was not showing up on Chrome for a few minutes. Totally blank. Did a search, came in that way, front page still blank. Went from search engine...
- Kansan: Thank you, again. Stay strong through this week.
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. I’ll probably go this year! That’s how enjoyable it was. I’ve marked my calendar.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Chinese virus horror stories and Fr. Z gives advice to young people
- The grave blasphemy of Beans. Wherein Fr. Z rants and makes a constructive suggestion.
- 7 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Tuesday of Holy Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – With homily
- LENTCAzT 2020: 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: Inner Cross, Outer Cross
- TE DEUM! Card. Pell is a FREE MAN! Australia’s High Court unanimously OVERTURNED his conviction.
- A prayer for a miracle: the sudden, complete and lasting obliteration of COVID-19.
- 6 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Monday of Holy Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – With homily
- LENTCAzT 2020: 41 – Monday of Holy Week: The Crucifix is a simple meditation manual
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Palm Sunday 2020 (TLM)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 40 – Palm Sunday: This will be a truly mysterious Holy Week
- Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL! A spiffy message in Latin!
- ASK FATHER: The Sacred Triduum in the Extraordinary Form privately, without people.
- Fr. Z’s Gold Star For The Day: Dr. Peter Kwasniewski
- The Church’s highest confessor, Card. Piacenza, says that, in this time of COVID-19, there must not be “ecclesial distancing”
- 4 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Saturday in Passion Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – With “fervorino”
- @TuamArchdiocese in Ireland – Muslim Friday prayer in church alongside the priest – VIDEO AUDIO
- LENTCAzT 2020: 39 – Saturday in the 5th Week of Lent – Passiontide: Martyrdom
- @BoiseBishop goes to the liturgical zoo. Attempts to forbid “ad orientem” worship, kneeling for Communion, etc.
- ASK FATHER: Ritual “solita oscula” in the time of coronavirus
- Friday after 1st Passion Sunday: Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows and the “Our Lady of Sorrows Project”
- WDTPRS: Collect of the new Mass “In time of pandemic” v. Collect of traditional Mass, “In time of pestilence”. Wherein Fr. Z rants
- 3 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Seven Sorrows of Mary – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – With “fervorino”
- LENTCAzT 2020: 38 – Friday in the 5th Week of Lent – Passiontide: Who do we think we are?
- Introducing the Catholic Signal Corps
- 2 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Thursday in Passion Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – With “fervorino”
- LENTCAzT 2020: 37 – Thursday in the 5th Week of Lent – Passiontide: Counterpart to the Prodigal Son
- READER FEEDBACK: Live Masses and what the The British Government just did
- 1 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Wednesday in Passion Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – And a cute kid…
- LENTCAzT 2020: 36 – Wednesday in the 5th Week of Lent – Passiontide: Christ’s most painful wound
- Fomites of Viruses, Fomites of Sins, and YOU
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Phyllis Zagano
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Continue reading
At Fishwrap, which is ever devolving into the delusions they have fomented over the years, you can read about the devious Jesuit promoter of sodomy – I know, I know – James Keenan. Weigel’s notes on Keenan’s antics are helpful. Keenan … Continue reading
A few days ago Jesuit Fr. Thomas Reese, who had been relieved of his post as editor of America Magazine when Card. Ratzinger was Prefect of the CDF, and who now writes for the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) came … Continue reading
Our old pal Phyllis Zagano has a fresh column at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter). How’s this for a captatio benevolentiae? Pope Francis named just one woman from the Western Hemisphere to his commission on women deacons. That would be me. … Continue reading
The Holy Father appointed a committee to study – again – the notion of ordination of women as deacons. This was already studied by the International Theological Commission, which leaned away from the possibility of sacramental ordination. It is good to … Continue reading
Here is something pretty bizzare… This has come out of the blue like a… that thing that comes out of the blue. A bolt? A raise in your health insurance premium? A sprained ankle? My point is that, as I write, none … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) our old pal, and promoter of women’s ordination, Phyllis Zagano has another knee-slapper. She has a penchant for over-the-top moral equivalencies. Let’s see her latest cringe-worthy claim: Because the Catholic Church doesn’t ordain women, the Catholic Church … Continue reading
Every once in a while you will encounter the bizarre practice of listing the names of wives of permanent (and married) deacons together with the names of their clerical husbands. You might also see the wives troop into a church in … Continue reading
I find myself in complete agreement with Phyllis Zagano. [Those sounds you are hearing are jaws hitting desks, mugs of Mystic Monk coffee dropping to the floor with a crash and splash, astonished readers sliding off chairs in a swoon.] … Continue reading
You will recall that our old pal Phyllis Zagano, a writer for the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap), promoted her MOOS for the ordination of women. MOOS means, I understand, a “Massive Online Open Seminar”. It seems it was not … Continue reading
A few days back the Vicar of Christ, Pope Francis, gave an interview to Il Messaggero. There wasn’t much of interest in it. The Pope is becoming a little bit more careful, it seems. Rush Limbaugh and Michael Sean Winters … Continue reading
Some folks who are Catholics for the Ordination of Women (C.O.W.s) are now offering their MOOS to the general public. Not tweets… MOOS! Exciting! I saw at, where else, the National Schismatic Reporter (aka The Fishwrap) that MOOS are yours … Continue reading