Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
There are a LOT of discounts right now. Remember me when shopping. Just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: FromVicBC wrote: “Obv iously when Israel is adherent to Yahweh they flourish, and when they mingle with other societies and accept paganism, things go badly.R 21; Good point....
- Johann: Anything said Bishop Gay Porn Mural regarding moral theology should be treated as it is: Pure unadultera ted garbage from an amoral and mentally ill creature.
- Johann: Eternal rest grant unto him Oh Lord, and may light perpetual shine upon him. Amen.
- hwriggles4: Fr Z: Say hello to Fr. Gerald Murray for us. I always enjoy his presence on The World Over, and I like how he advertises the Sunday evening 8 PM Mass in Manhattan. Fr. Murray is a good...
- acardnal: What about those “dan cing shrimpR 21; Father Z?
- Mariana2: Ah, American carrot cake. Fortunatel y I have an American recipe from my American years as all other carrot cake is rubbish. Those gauntlets look like something Sauron would have loved to...
- Kansan: Another lovely five minutes for our hearts and minds to absorb slowly through the day. Thank you for keeping us in your spiritual care through ADVENTCAzT , during this important season.
- abdiesus: I just had to comment this post just made my day! “Syb ariticR 21; Carrot Cake indeed! awesome! :D
- JimWi: Jing Fong in Chinatown and Holy Innocents in Midtown. Enjoy!
- tho: Father, your blog is a joy. Although I don’ t share your gourmet adventures , I was enthralled by the hot dog. Peter KreeftR 17;s treatment of PascalR 17;s Pensees, was, for me,...
- chantgirl: Sooo, say someone was travelling to NYC this weekend. Is there a restaurant in Chinatown that they should patronize, and is there a good place to find a Latin Mass?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Well, I got that completely wrong! I thought Alphonse was his father. Never mind! But, you should still watch the interview.
- OntologicallySpeaking: OH boy, here we go again. As a Sicilian-A merican, I am amused with all the fuss over this issue. I grew up calling it GRAVY (ragu) if it had a boatload of meat in it; you...
- KateD: If one considers the research at face value, Unwin defines a generation as 33 years. Recently in working on genealogy, it seems generation s in America have tended closer to 20 years...
- kalless: The Metropolit an Museum of Art is truly an incredible place. I was just there on Saturday with my older son’ s Scout troop. (Anyone here ever brought 11-15 year-olds to an art...
- ChesterFrank: The best food of the post? The borscht, I also have had that in NYC. The rest of the food stuff, my doctor would have a spittle flecked nutty if I consumed it. NY museums do house...
- Giacomo Capoverdi: Ok. Let me settle this debate. My credential s are that my ancestry is 100% Italian from Southern Italy. The reason why the proper way to call what is put on pasta is, “Grav...
- RosaryRose: We pray for Final Perseveran ce, especially when we pray the fifth decade of the sorrowful mysteries. Pray for people who are dying, that the enemy does not take their soul at the last...
- rtjl: Accompany, accompany, accompany. If you are not careful, you will accompany someone all the way to hell, and find no return.
- Ages: Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the wicked, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the company of scoffers. Psalm 1:1 These heretics are literally doing the...
- Elizabeth Rose: Very helpful, Father. I recognized the prayer for priests as one I used to pray often. Where can I find the text of it? Thank you.
- Dismas: Nemo potest duobus dominis servire: aut enim unum odio habebit, et alterum diliget: aut unum sustinebit , et alterum contemnet. Non potestis Deo servire et mammonæ.
- Cincture: Many very interestin g and informativ e comments here generated by Fr Z’s post. Not much to be said of the time-bound attempted pseudo-soc ial/psycho logical synthesis of Mr Unwin...
- Ms. M-S: The golden threads! Thank you, Fr. Z.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! I appreciate it very much when there are prayers at the end of your thoughts for the day.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- NYC Days 2-3: Gantlets and gauntlets and decadent carrot cake
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 12: “Advent is a time of being deeply shaken”
- A few more pics of the beautiful Mass with Card. Burke
- Note the twisted moral logic of those in power today
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Alphonse Matt, publisher of The Wanderer – R.I.P.
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 11: Tabernacling Himself in His own creation.
- VIDEO: @BishopHying of @MadisonDiocese in Rome for the ad limina visit 1 & 2
- NYC Day 1: Italian Sauce or Gravy
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 10: “Some candle clear burns somewhere I come by.”
- Pontifical Mass with Card. Burke
- STUDIES: When highly developed cultures undergo sexual revolution and license they collapse with monotonous regularity within three generations
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 09: Head and heart
- My View For Awhile: Gotham Assault
- Happy 14th Birthday, Blog!
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 08: “How beautiful thou art, O Lady”
- More homosexualist rubbish from – wait for it! – German bishops!
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 07: “O Come Redeemer of the Earth”
- ASK FATHER: Do I sin if I think that Benedict XVI on purpose didn’t resign the papacy?
- Reflections on the symbolism of the altar rail or Communion rail and some practical suggestions
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 06: “Jesus thirsts for us to thirst for Him.”
- Stepping on the Third Gear
- Newly Received! Challenge Coin – Coloring Books – Bibles – 2020 Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Are vestments made of materials other than silk tolerated for Mass in the Extraordinary Form?
- APR [Abortion Pill Reversal] 1,000 babies saved since 2012
- Sending snail-mail 2019 Christmas cards
- Solemn Requiem Mass for the late Bp. Robert C. Morlino, prayers also for Bp. Paul Sirba – VIDEO/AUDIO sermon
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 05: Angelic suggestions or our own thoughts?
- MADISON – 4 Dec – 6:30PM – Solemn Requiem Mass for Bp. Robert C. Morlino
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 04: When liturgical participation became “doing”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: The Viganò Testimony
If the Instrumentum Laboris and the last two rigged goat rodeos are any indication, the Amazon Synod (“walking together”) is going to be a disaster. Put that along side a milestone. It has been a full year since Archbishop Viganò published … Continue reading
#ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
Huge. Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò has issued a third Testimony. It is a neutron bomb. First, at CNA we read that the present “Sostituo”, the 2nd in command in the Secretariat of State for matter within the Church, Archbishop Edgar Peña … Continue reading
The Prefect of the Congregation for Bishops wrote an Open Letter to Archbp. Viganò, once the Nuncio to these USA. As you know, Archbp. Viganò released a “Testimony“. Then he went into hiding, for good reason. In the sequel to the … Continue reading
At LifeSite we see that Archbp. Viganò has released another statement. ROME, September 27, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) — Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò has today issued a new extraordinary testimony, responding to Pope Francis’ refusal to answer the charge that he knew of … Continue reading
Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City has made a statement about The Viganò Testimony. […] As I mention our priests, seminarians and deacons, I want to thank the faithful of the Diocese of Sioux City who have offered support, … Continue reading
From the Twitter feed of the author of The Dictator Pope. 1) IMPORTANT NEWS: my sources confirm that Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally. As everyone knows, Archbishop Viganò went into hiding after his … Continue reading
For a while I’ve been mulling The Viganò Testimony, as have we all. When it came out, some libtards, especially those who are energetically defending the heavily embattled Card. Wuerl, said that we should attack equally other (more conservative) figures, … Continue reading
Good news from Tyler… no… mooorrrre good news from Tyler, TX. You might recall that Most Rev. Joseph E. Strickland, Bishop of Tyler, was just about the first US prelate out of the gate to say clearly that the content of Archbp. Viganò’s “Testimony” … Continue reading
Church Militant has a fascinating story, the stuff of novels. THE HUNT FOR VIGANÒ: VATICAN SPIES TRACKING WHISTLEBLOWER By Rev. Michael X., JCL Vatican officials are on the hunt for Abp. Carlo Maria Viganò. According to sources within the Vatican, … Continue reading
Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò is experience what virtually all whistleblowers experience. He is being smeared and savaged by those on whom he has blown the whistle. Also, there is the threat of punishment, or being sued or prosecuted. That often … Continue reading
Very smart philosopher Edward Feser has posted his assessment of The Viganò Testimony. I won’t go into detail. You can visit over there. However, let’s see where he goes: There are five considerations that seem to me to make it … Continue reading
Some quick views of bits and pieces. First, Michael Cook is editor of MercatorNet. He offers is a piece that we should all just “chill out” over The Present Crisis. He manages to make a few decent points, but the … Continue reading
Ubi loqui et debet et potuit, qui tacet consentire videtur. Washington Examiner: Pope Francis normally won’t stop talking. He’s picked a funny time to go silent by Becket Adams | August 30, 2018 01:08 PM For a guy who loves … Continue reading
I’ve had a lot – A LOT – of emails about various aspects of the possibility of Pope Francis’ resignation. There is talk about this, since The Viganò Testimony. More and more people are calling for Francis to resign. That’s … Continue reading
29 August: What are people chanting at end of Francis’ General Audience? Is it “VIGANO! VIGANO! VIGANO”?
UPDATE: They could be chanting “VIGANO!”. I scrubbed the audio a little and slowed it down. I am hearing “ITALO!” There was a bishop there, Lucca Italo Castellani. Still, it is hard to tell exactly. Here is some cleaned up … Continue reading