SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Lurker 59 on 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images: “should clarify, not the one Fr. Z posted but this one https://tinyurl.com/HitchcockAnnunciation”
- Lurker 59 on 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images: “I enjoy very much those painting (and icons) where the Blessed Virgin was in the middle of reading the scriptures,…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Zoink!: “The Flemish Masters were incredible artists. It’s a shame they were more or less buried post renaissance by the dramatic…”
- thymos on Zoink!: “A friend sent me a shot of this recently, noting that St. Joseph, on a side panel, is working on…”
- The Masked Chicken on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “The optimism explained in Ratzinger’s thesis started life as the liberalism of Eighteen-century Protestantism, with the Principle of Private Judgment,…”
- JGavin on 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images: “It is fitting he would grovel. “More honorable then the Cherubim and incomparably more glorious than the Seraphim.” “our tainted…”
- excalibur on “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.: “I fear we are but a few steps behind the Church of Sweden. ************ In the Church of Sweden, under…”
- jaykay on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “Ubi solitudinem faciunt renovationem appellant… to slightly misquote Tacitus.”
- jaykay on Daily Rome Shot 700: “The beautiful Annunciation mosaic in Santa Maria in Trastevere.”
- Grabski on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “Easy: they want to take the assets”
- L. on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home: “I can’t decide whether it would be better for a Bishop to be clueless like His Excellency McButterpants, or to…”
- PNF on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “The reason is because they [the Freemasons] are interested in DESTROYING the Church. Their plan all along has been to…”
- Mario Bird on 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images: “Tanner’s Gabriel reminds me of C.S. Lewis’ description of oyarsa from the beginning of Perelandra. Or maybe that’s putting the…”
- Brian J. Wilson on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “My brother works at a Catholic girls’ high school which is affiliated with the Sisters of the (Holy) Humility of…”
- Dave P. on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “I don’t know if this applies to the Dutch and Belgian Churches, but the German bishops don’t have to rely…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: St. Alphonsus Liguori
STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
Here also are my audio projects of the Way of the Cross. On 1st Fridays, do please pray the Act of Reparation. What we need right now is PRAYER, especially now. And remember to GO TO CONFESSION! For priests, especially, try The Way Of … Read More
2 August: St. Alphonsus Liguori, Doctor “Zelantissimus” … who bilocated
Today in the traditional Roman calendar is the Feast of St. Alphonsus (1696–1787), Doctor “Zelantissimus” of the Church, founder of the Redemptorists, Bishop of Sant’Agata de’ Goti. In the Novus Ordo calendar, his feast is 1 August. St. Alphonsus has … Read More
Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
So far… 1st Sorrow – The Prophecy of Simeon 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem Now we turn to… Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary. (Tradition … Read More
Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
So far… 1st Sorrow – The Prophecy of Simeon 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt Now we turn to… The Loss of the Child Jesus in the Temple in Jerusalem. (Luke 2:43–45) In the Presentation, the Lord – the … Read More
The Viganò Testimony: Was it justified or was it a violation of an oath?
For a while I’ve been mulling The Viganò Testimony, as have we all. When it came out, some libtards, especially those who are energetically defending the heavily embattled Card. Wuerl, said that we should attack equally other (more conservative) figures, … Read More
Advice from a saint, praise for a priest, explanation for a practice
According to the Novus Ordo calendar, today is the Feast of St. Alphonsus Liguori. In the traditional calendar it falls tomorrow. He is a Doctor of the Church, whose writings set the Church’s approach to moral theology on a healthy … Read More
A Saint who bi-located to be with a dying Pope
Today, a Friday in Lent, I re-posted my recordings of different versions of the Stations of the Cross, one of which is the classic by St. Alphonsus Liguori. I did so, as I sipped from my glorious Pope Clement XIV … Read More
AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
Some of you have asked me to post my recordings of the Stations of the Cross as individual posts. It seems that in iTunes only one of the four are available when I post multiple links. Here is one. This … Read More
AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
Some of you have asked me to post my recordings of the Stations of the Cross as individual posts. It seems that in iTunes only one of the four are available when I post multiple links. Here is one. May … Read More
AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
Over the years I have made several audio versions of the Stations of the Cross. For your convenience, here they are.
A saint on the wretched condition of the Church while waiting for a new Pope to be elected.
I have not written much about whom I believe the new Pope ought to be, nor about whom I think the next Pope will be. Yes, I have thought through both. I am prepared to talk about them both in … Read More
What happened to popular devotions and piety? A Cardinal opines.
During the Year of Faith we should work to revive popular piety and communual devotions. A friend in Rome, Fabricius Magnus, sent me the following: Sandro Magister has an article related to the pope’s visit to Loreto and reports of … Read More
“a te numquam separari permittas”
I just completed an article for The Wanderer. In this week’s offering I delved into the first of the priest’s possible preparatory prayers before Holy Communion during Mass. In this preparatory prayer we find the phrase “a te numquam separari … Read More