- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Sarochka said Dear Father, My 12 year old daughter and I were w...
- jm said Man, rather damning that the consolation is, ̶...
- ghp95134 said Father Z sez: [1911? I don't have one. Should I s...
- Fiat Domine said My husband who is no religion, and I, listen throu...
- La Sandia said Count me as one who believes that something is ser...
- Fiat Domine said We try not to watch commercials when we watch (not...
- Pnkn said most horrific commercial – “Jingle Bel...
- ChesterFrank said For me its the profound bow. The Priest has the op...
- jge313 said I agree. I watch very little tv. I do like movies&...
- Vecchio di Londra said Thank you for this Father. The Old Testament gives...
- Andrew said Papae! Laudo edulium hujusmodi quod ventris rabiem...
- Lex Orandi said I’ve been listening through the plug in with...
- TNCath said I find it interesting, if not refreshing, that Tim...
- Chiara said Hi Father - I enjoy your blog very much, and this...
- joan ellen said Love the good news of this post, and the comments...
- chantgirl said Years ago, when I was pregnant with my JP , my sis...
- Robbie said The jarring revelations that are emerging about th...
- excalibur said “…….. to push furniture around,...
- Chuck3030 said Same story at Saint Charles Borromeo in Northeast...
- excalibur said The Franciscans of the Immaculate are being put th...
- Peggy R said Good for her! I had been genuflecting fully, unti...
- Imrahil said (can 212, not 213)
- Imrahil said Dear @Chicken, I don’t think you need to wor...
- DavidR said Listening through the plug-in on the blog. Thanks...
- Hans said In a fit of humor, robtbrown wrote: Formation is...
- frahobbit said Listen at work, when I take a little break. Thank...
- eiggam said Thank you for this oasis of meditation, Father Z....
- Ganganelli said Unions have been decimated and wealth inequality i...
- Unwilling said “[I deeply, sincerely, hope not.]” Fr...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Would the question of whether or not to kneel be m...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 7 July 2007
Yes, we have talked about Chillin’ the Veuve around here for a long time. Other people out there are celebrating in other ways. Some formally and liturgically, some less liturgically. All joyfully.
Here is one e-mail I got. My Finnish is … Continue reading
The vaticanista Luigi Accattoli, who writes for the NYT of Italy, Corriere della sera, has interesting comments about the way the two big recent documents were released, the Motu Proprio and the Letter to Chinese Catholics. This is worth a … Continue reading
I received this via e-mail from Br. Thomas Augustine:
Greetings from Still River. Our community will be offering a Te Deum after the 9:15 Sung Mass on Sunday in our Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel. Only the Traditional Latin Mass … Continue reading
An APCOM story has Card. Ricard of Bordeaux saying that Summorum Pontificum produces "neither winners nor losers".
Other highlights of the interview with Card. Ricard in the French weekly Famille Chretienne. With my interlinear comments.
1. The Pope knew that … Continue reading
The papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, rattled off a statement on Vatican Radio about the purpose of Summorum Pontificum. Not a lively reading, but there were some very good points in it.
Here are is a highlight in my translation:
In … Continue reading
If you want a video piece in Italian, go here.
There are zillions of errors in the piece, for example, no distinction about "Latin Mass".
The B role is amusing: it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic! The video is … Continue reading
The AP has a piece mentioning yours truly (my emphases and comments):
Pope Relaxes Restrictions for Latin Mass
By NICOLE WINFIELD Associated Press Writer
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Benedict XVI removed restrictions on celebrating the old form of the Latin Mass … Continue reading
The Official WDTPRS Parody Song Writer, the esteemed Tim Ferguson has been at it again.
As he put it,
“I ruminated a bit more … and came to the realization that, while “La Donna e Mobile” might be readily appreciated and understood … Continue reading
Our great friend Fr. Finigan over at The Hermeneutic of Continuity has this celebratory video, which he made.