HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- John Pomeroy: We were taught that the Trinity is a dad and son playing catch with a football in the sanctuary. SERIOUSLY. IN THE SANCTUARY. DURING MASS. By our diocese 217;s Judicial Vicar of...
- Sue in soCal: Done.
- Roy Hobbs: IIRC, this is the same bishop featured in the video below, who less than two months ago, refused communion to those kneeling. https://yo utu.be/Bkx KpXfmbyc
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Perhaps someone is over analyzing this!
- Magnificat13: I’d be glad to help Fr. Z. I’m an IT profession al with experience in servers, app and tools developmen t and support. I have done a good amount of work in Wordpress as well and...
- Fern: Yes, Amen! The reality is that those in command are simply waiting for those of us who remember to pass on and that won’ t be long. We know that God wins in the end but it is sad to see...
- Semper Gumby: Amen.
- Semper Gumby: Samuel Gregg in a 2016 article at Public Discourse: “Tho se who write the histories of the twenty-fir st century will, I suspect, list an address delivered at a German univers...
- Semper Gumby: From Benedict XVI’ s 2006 Regensburg Address: “The decisive statement in this argument [over the Bible and the Koran between Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus and an...
- Amante de los Manuales: Fr. Z: “the following heresies 8221; But if we are only likening the Holy Trinity to the above things analogical ly, then there should be no problem, no? [Well...
- Sanguszka: The correct plural is gins and tonic. The gin is measured as a quantity per glass (though probably not measured in a Catholic home) and therefore is plural; whereas the tonic is added ad...
- hwriggles4: One takeaway that I remember from the Sunday evening Mass I attended (I went to a different parish this week) was the deacon mentioned the structurin g of the readings. The first...
- Malkia: May God bless you Fr Z and Our Lady of Consolatio n hold you close.
- Alice: Somehow our family managed to hear two Trinity Sunday sermons without any Bad Analogies or accidental heresies. Our Deacon was meditating on the Trinity as an outpouring of love between the...
- Sue in soCal: What do you think of “the Trinity is a community& #8221; comparison ? That was the homily at the church we attended Sunday.
- Adaquano: Our deacon focused on how Trinity Sunday and anytime we contemplat e on the Trinity we should focus on the love of God for us, and how that love is reflected in each person of the Trini...
- acardnal: A heresy not mentioned above: using vodka! FatherR 17;s homily discussed nature and person, the what and the who of the triune God.
- FN: Father told the story of St Augustine and the little boy digging a hole on the beach. Says it all really!
- Eamonn Gaines: Prayers offered.
- Ms. M-S: The Trinity is a mystery to us because it’s beyond our earthly understand ing. Since we humans only very poorly really understand our physical universe, with the best theories of the...
- Gab: No mention of shamrocks or anything as trite. A few St Augustine mentions however.
- bartlep: I attended a Latin Mass celebrated by a Norbertine priest. He said the only way to salvation was through the Catholic Church. To the argument that many people in foreign lands may not have...
- UncleBlobb: A bit late, but praying.
- Semper Gumby: Unfortunat ely, not for the first time regarding both Pope Francis and the USCCB: No, take a closer look.
- Geoffrey: I will not be purchasing any “new ” editions of the Catechism.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Trinity Sunday 2019 Sermon Notes and the “Trinitini” martini
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
- Great concelebration photos during Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage
- Your Pentecost Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: DXing and Vatican call sighting, and Vatican Radio LATIN news program
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s warp and weft hold true
- “Why should I send somebody in my place to be killed?”
- DAY 9 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- DAY 8 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- Bp. Paprocki bans pro-abortion politicians from Holy Communion
- NCRegister about D-Day Catholic chaplains
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 7 July 2007
Yes, we have talked about Chillin’ the Veuve around here for a long time. Other people out there are celebrating in other ways. Some formally and liturgically, some less liturgically. All joyfully. Here is one e-mail I got. My Finnish … Continue reading
The vaticanista Luigi Accattoli, who writes for the NYT of Italy, Corriere della sera, has interesting comments about the way the two big recent documents were released, the Motu Proprio and the Letter to Chinese Catholics. This is worth a … Continue reading
I received this via e-mail from Br. Thomas Augustine: Dear Father, Greetings from Still River. Our community will be offering a Te Deum after the 9:15 Sung Mass on Sunday in our Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel. Only the Traditional … Continue reading
An APCOM story has Card. Ricard of Bordeaux saying that Summorum Pontificum produces "neither winners nor losers". Sound familiar? Other highlights of the interview with Card. Ricard in the French weekly Famille Chretienne. With my interlinear comments. 1. The Pope … Continue reading
The papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, rattled off a statement on Vatican Radio about the purpose of Summorum Pontificum. Not a lively reading, but there were some very good points in it. Here are is a highlight in my translation: … Continue reading
If you want a video piece in Italian, go here. There are zillions of errors in the piece, for example, no distinction about "Latin Mass". The B role is amusing: it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic! The … Continue reading
The AP has a piece mentioning yours truly (my emphases and comments): Pope Relaxes Restrictions for Latin Mass By NICOLE WINFIELD Associated Press Writer VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Benedict XVI removed restrictions on celebrating the old form of the … Continue reading
The Official WDTPRS Parody Song Writer, the esteemed Tim Ferguson has been at it again. As he put it, “I ruminated a bit more … and came to the realization that, while “La Donna e Mobile” might be readily appreciated … Continue reading
Our great friend Fr. Finigan over at The Hermeneutic of Continuity has this celebratory video, which he made. [youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEdyIvvUJB0]
After that first entry, let’s get that flag out in front! Champagne breakfast? Or wait until later?
Thanks to be to Pope Benedict, who has given back to the Church and the world a great gift. As one friend put it, the world has been made just a little bit safer to live in. This document is … Continue reading