You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- joan ellen said 1. Congratulations mamajen on your good news. 2. f...
- jbpolhamus said How do I apply?!
- LarryW2LJ said Chicken, I believe that those are FRS radios (Fami...
- MikeM said For my grandfather, who’s begun that period...
- Supertradmum said Food stores in England, even huge ones like Sainsb...
- Margaret said That’s an interesting point, Chicken. Huh. M...
- maryh said @A Sinner 2 Absolutely! @AdMajoremDeiGloriam anyth...
- LarryW2LJ said Fr. Z, I do believe that Rush might use your blog...
- Will D. said Further to Wade’s post, here’s a direc...
- AdMajoremDeiGloriam said I can only speak from my experience as a (male) se...
- Will D. said A sin that I have struggled with. In confession, m...
- The Masked Chicken said As for being physically prepared, a question for y...
- A Sinner 2 said I think Fr. Jim makes a good (although misdirected...
- The Masked Chicken said “In other words, if you doubt the origins of...
- APX said lampada says: I am seriously considering being an...
- jenne said I also realized how out of physical shape I am in...
- Wade said I would also not hesitate to donate via Catholic C...
- guatadopt said My 7 year old had his first confession in late Feb...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said One group I like to donate to is Team Rubicon.
- Springkeeper said I will say this as a woman who is also a retired M...
- av8er said Stayed in Moore last year while in OKC for trainin...
- NickD said Serving only with other men makes it like a brothe...
- jenniphd said Several years ago my family attended the Bar mitzv...
- Priam1184 said So Father, essentially what you are saying is don&...
- aviva meriam said For all those affected by the tornadoes, that the...
- CatholicMD said St Andrew’s is the local parish in Moore. Th...
- chantgirl said Does anyone know if there is a local Catholic Chur...
- LarryW2LJ said You know back in the Olden Days, when things like...
- PA mom said Re tornados. I find Protestants to be very inspir...
- LarryW2LJ said If I may. In addition to the fine spiritual advic...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 9 July 2007
There is debate about whether in celebrations of the older Mass the new Lectionary, that is, new readings for the Novus Ordo, could possibly be used in celebrations of the older form of Mass.
Art. 6. In Missis iuxta Missale B. … Continue reading
Time again to repost these, I think:
Fr. Z’s 5 Rules of Engagement for after the Motu Proprio is released:
1) Rejoice because our liturgical life has been enriched, not because "we win". Everyone wins when the Church’s life is enriched. … Continue reading
Under the entry Summorum Pontificum: my intro comments and the text one Paul Dion, who inter alia is the theology editor for Parish World, takes Pope Benedict to task for the Motu Proprio.
His comments exemplify some of the thought … Continue reading
My friend the esteemed Fr. Robert Pasley of Mater Ecclesiae in the Diocese of Camden shared photos of their traditional use parish’s MP celebrations:
And with some of the fellows with celebratory cigars in hand:
Fr. gave a splendid sermon at the … Continue reading
Time Magazine has an article on Summorum Pontificum. My emphases and comments. I edit out stuff we know already and chew instead on the meat and bone of it.
Why the Pope is Boosting Latin MassSaturday, Jul. 07, 2007 By JEFF … Continue reading
ASIANews has a good story on the reception of the Motu Proprio in India. My emphases and comments.
Indian Church welcomes return to Tridentine MassNirmala Carvalho
Mumbai (AsiaNews) – The Indian Church has expressed its satisfaction and hope that it “can take … Continue reading
Long before the Second Vatican Council the ideal of "full, conscious and active" participation at holy Mass had been developed during the Liturgical Movement and taught by Sovereign Pontiffs.
In his autobiography, Papa Ratzinger described how one of the very … Continue reading
Some people are saying that His Excellency the present Master of Ceremonies Piero Marini has been appointed as Secretary of the Pontifical Commission "Eccelsia Dei".
That is not true. Msgr. MARIO Marini, former undersecretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship … Continue reading