- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Konichiwa said Our new priest has some strange ideas about gettin...
- pannw said Well, it may be a worthless study due to sample si...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father.
- SophiaGrace said Thanks and prayers!
- Sonshine135 said I think it is important to remember that the USCCB...
- MaterDei said At the EF, Fr.’s homily was about Advent bei...
- Konichiwa said Regarding the NO Mass, can priests read the first...
- OrthodoxChick said frjim3421, Here’s 4 guys spoofing this pheno...
- DavidR said Listened again. Thanks.
- tcreek said I think that all here would agree that a major pro...
- mamajen said A few here have very strange concepts of “pe...
- dcs said The Pope and the Church condemn Socialism because...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I almost forgot this: more and more young healthy...
- dcs said 1. The Socialist concept of man is materialistic....
- Darren said I recall, upon returning to NJ after my first busi...
- Facta Non Verba said Government programs often end up hurting the very...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said “Affordable” care indeed! Our governm...
- nykash said I, too, might be a bit more direct. “Here...
- JohnnyZoom said I’d like to get all the uptalkers and all th...
- teejay329 said My vote is for the cassock. I was born in 1969 and...
- LarryW2LJ said One of the Amateur Radio Volunteer Examiners on th...
- Imrahil said Dear @Ben Kenobi, thanks for your answer… I&...
- Ben Kenobi said It isn’t that they are economically illitera...
- The Masked Chicken said The fear of sacred objects or priests (also a sacr...
- Ben Kenobi said Imrahil, I stopped reading that comment at ‘...
- oldCatholigirl said Although I have watched, appalled, for years at th...
- Ben Kenobi said “If you feel I was attacking Millenials, and...
- teomatteo said “Alas, I am a language chameleon. I quickly...
- Gretchen said I read Shaw’s blunt, even harsh, assessment...
- trad catholic mom said Speak the truth get fired, support heterodoxy get...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 10 July 2007
As usual my emphases and comments.
Published on National Catholic Reporter Conversation Cafe Coming soon to a church near you
By Joan Chittister Created Jul 10 2007
It used to be that if you asked a question about the Catholic … Continue reading
It is gloriously sunny, the Vatican flag is flapping in front of the house in honor of the MP and CDF, I have made myself an incredibly dry Bombay Sapphire Martini and I am thinking.
If this blog weren’t called "What … Continue reading
Here is a gem from the Boston Globe. The author of this Op-Ed piece is Frank K. Flinn, adjunct professor of religious studies at Washington University in St. Louis, is author of "Encyclopedia of Catholicism." This fellow is heavily into … Continue reading
There is a story in The Independent. Ah…. welll….. sigh…. My emphases and comments as usual.
Catholics fear [I don't, do you?] Pope’s revival of traditional waysBy Peter Popham in RomePublished: 10 July 2007
Pope Benedict XVI faces uproar [The Independent … Continue reading
There is an interesting press release from the American Jewish Committee.
Frankly, I don’t know how many times it has to be repeated, but… often people ask the same question repeatedly until they get the answer they wanted in the first … Continue reading
The official statement of Card. Maida of the Archdiocese of Detroit has some very good points. My emphases and comments.
Statement of Cardinal Maida on Tridentine Mass
For Release July 7, 2007
Contact: Office of Public Relations(313) 237-5943
Summorum Pontificum, the Apostolic Letter … Continue reading
Our experience with documents in the last… well… long time, has taught us to trust what the Holy See releases, but… verify verify verify. This will obviously apply also to what the USCCB releases.
The website of the Holy See, … Continue reading