Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Johann: God bless Father Murray for not being afraid to tell the truth and ask hard questions.
- frjimt: truly, right here in penna̷ 0; we had a brother priest, fr mike, 64, say his prayers, Holy Mass & sat down and died… ; a sudden, but not unprepared , journey 230; it was a...
- quovadis74: Hello Fr. Thompson. What about the use of the Liturgy of the Hours OP by Lay fraternity members? I’m a permanent deacon recently admitted into the Fraternity and I feel compelled to...
- hwriggles4: I do know that if a man does not have an inkling to be a mentor, a helper, or a guide to other men (and women), he should not be ordained a priest. Men who would make good fathers are...
- chantgirl: It is natural to feel lingering guilt over confessed sins which have hurt others in a grave way. Ask anyone who has endured abuse, or has had an abortion, or has suffered from the...
- rcg: Oh, I think he did and is scared witless of it. Remember there was more than one Mary at the foot of the Cross and the one that discovered that The Tomb was empty was a person just like this...
- semperficatholic: When people talk about the “end times̶ 1; I just remind them that every second of the day it is the end of time for a lot of people. They die and their end has come just...
- Mark Windsor: This was very helpful to me personally ; immense gratitude toward the author.
- mbarry: Thanks, Jon Patrick. I ordered two Campion missals today. Sanctamiss a.org has a tutorial of sorts, it turns out, so I will probably just try to grind it out by attending once I get the...
- un-ionized: Miss Anita, I’m not in favor or moving priests around much but I have been in a parish where there was a cult of personalit y expressed in a poisonous system of favoritism ,...
- Dismas: @Gab – Three generation s of Catholics have been successive ly neglected and spirituall y abused for the false show of the Zeitgeist. I too see much of my own life in there. The world...
- Benedict Joseph: God’s grace is manifested in the soul who wrote this letter. They have absorbed the great truth contained in the Cross. This person has claimed the pearl of great price.
- SanSan: And I thought I had it bad when the priest started a “nam e that tune” ; during a homilyR 30;… Mea culpa watching the “wav e” made me so sad… .. Jesus...
- teomatteo: Seeing that elderly woman- on the first video- standing up to do the Wave reminded me of something my liberal sister-in- law said. The thanksgivi ng dinner we had right before the new...
- s i: Battle scars̷ 0;.I like that! Thanks for sharing Fr. Z and Anonymous.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I remain unconvince d by the arguments in favor of moving pastors around. I find especially laughable the “cult of personalit y” argument, the absurdity of which can be...
- Peter Stuart: “I realize now that in heaven those scars can be reminders of the great battle for my soul that Christ and I won.” ; Wow, did I ever need to hear that. Many thanks to your...
- FN: Not to pile on Roma247, but it HAS occurred to me recently that the language used about the Pope at e.g. Canon212 would not sound odd coming from fanatical Catholic-h aters. We have to be...
- Giuseppe: I am sure that The Late, Honorable Antonin Scalia, Xavier High School ’53, would have a few things to say about this.
- FN: I think the Jesuit rot may be confined to the West. I’m in a Jesuit missionary parish run by brilliant, erudite Jesuit priests who limit themselves to biblical exegesis in their homilies rather...
- Ellen: So very touching and powerful. Thank you Anonymous. I have found in my area, that in the wake of the scandals, most Catholics have clung closer to Jesus than ever before. I never left the...
- JonPatrick: mbarry the best way to learn the TLM is just go to it and follow along in one of the red books that most TLM’ s give out at the door. Watch what others do as far as when to...
- Richard A: Is it still a sacrilege to strike a Catholic priest? [Objective ly, yes. Striking a consecrate d person is the sin of sacrilege. On the other hand, there is also the subjective dimens...
- RKR: I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how ChristR 17;s glorified body retains its wounds. That can give us hope and encouragem ent I think that our sufferings and scars (and I have...
- AndyMo: “Thi s is a fruit of The Present Crisis that the Enemy probably didn’t foresee. 8221; Where sin abounds 230;
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
- Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
- UPDATED Mary, Queen of the Clergy holy cards with Daily Prayer for Priests – AVAILABLE!
- Of Friday and festive penitential Pesto fit for a King
- BOOKS RECEIVED: A hard look at Francis in Spanish by Argentinian author
- 14 Sept: 11th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Thank you, Benedict XVI!
- Morning After Pill of UK ‘c’atholics – @The_Tablet – falsehood about @BishopMorlino
- IRONY! Francis calls 2019 meeting of bishops on Feast of St. Peter Damian
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 27 July 2007
The English lefty tabloid The Tablet (28 July) has a somewhat more balanced piece than the usual hysteria we can expect from the ranks of their writers. Today we read a contribution by a man who back int he day … Continue reading
In today’s PODCAzT, we hear from St. Augustine of Hippo (+430) who contributes to the second reading in today’s Office of Readings. The selection is from Bk 10 of the … Continue reading
In the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, The Criterion, there is a good article on the older form of Mass.
My emphases and comments.
English? Latin? Parish builds unity out of liturgical diversity
By Sean Gallagher
On July 7, Pope Benedict XVI … Continue reading