Some time ago it was reported that the Congregation for Causes of Saints sent to the Holy Father its decision about the heroic virtue of Servant of God Eugenio Pacelli, Pope Pius XII. When the Congregation sends up their Decretum super virtutibus, it requires the approval of the Holy Father.
I see in the VIS that the Holy Father approved some decrees, but not that of Pius XII. I don’t think we should read too much into this, but it is interesting.
DECREES OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE CAUSES OF SAINTS
VATICAN CITY, JUL 6, 2007 (VIS) – Today in the Vatican, the Holy Father received in private audience Cardinal Jose Saraiva Martins C.M.F., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, and authorized the promulgation of decrees concerning the following causes:
- Blessed Gaetano Errico, Italian priest and founder of the Congregation of the Missionaries of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (1791-1860).
- Blessed Maria Bernarda Butler (nee Verena), Swiss foundress of the Congregation of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of Mary Help of Christians (1848-1924).
- Servant of God Maria Rosa Flesch (ne Margherita), German foundress of the Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Saint Mary of the Angels (1826-1906).
- Servant of God Servant of God Candelaria de San Jose (nee Susana Paz Castillo Ramirez), Venezuelan religious and foundress of the Congregation of the Carmelite Sisters of the Third Regular Order of Venezuela (1863-1940).
- Servant of God Marta Maria Wiecka, Polish professed sister of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul (1874-1904).
- Servant of God Giuseppina Nicoli, Italian sister of the Society of the Daughters of Charity (1863-1924).
- Servant of God Ceferino Namuncura, Argentinean layman, student of the Soceity of St. Francis of Sales (1886-1905).
- Blesseds Antonio Primaldo and lay companions, killed in hatred of the faith at Otranto, Italy on August 13, 1480.
- Servant of God Marco Antonio Barbarigo, Italian cardinal of Holy Roman Church and bishop of Montefiascone and Corneto (1640-1706).
- Servant of God Luca Prassi, Italian diocesan priest and founder of the Institute of Sisters of St. Dorothy (1789-1866).
- Servant of God Ignacia of the Holy Spirit, Filipino foundress of the Congregation of Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1663-1748).
- Servant of God Maria Leopoldina Naudet, Italian foundress of the Congregation of Sisters of the Holy Family of Verona (1773-1834).
- Servant of God Santina di Gesu Scribano (nee Emaneula Giovanna), Italian professed religious of the Institute of Sisters of the Sacred Heart (1917-1968).
- Servant of God Emilia Schneider (nee Julia) German professed sister of the Congregation of Sisters of the Holy Cross (1820-1859).
- Servant of God Jerome Le Royer de la Dauversiere, French layman and founder of the Institute of the Daughters of St. Joseph of La Fleche, now the Hospitaller Sisters of St. Joseph (1597-1659).
- Servant of God Hildegard Burjan, German laywoman and foundress of the Sisters of Social Charity (1883-1933).