Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I like this Pope. Sadly, there are still at least...
- Robbie said I read this article early this morning and I guess...
- SKAY said http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/08/21/oklahoma-archb...
- Iacobus M said How many Imams have called the Foley Family? How...
- Mike said This is the most hopeful article on Francis that I...
- Norah said In “The Ratzinger Report” then Cardina...
- PA mom said There was a fascinating article in Fortune on Pope...
- Lori Pieper said I agree, I think it’s an unconsecrated host....
- Faith said Cross out the last two sentences. He is coming to...
- OrthodoxChick said My oldest son and I are planning to attend our fir...
- AdIesumPerMariam said I am also of the belief that they returned an unco...
- Supertradmum said Attending all types of celebratory Masses, such as...
- gracie said For those who say that people can hide/take out la...
- DavidJ said I’m not sure I believe a self-professed Sata...
- frjim4321 said Hope the report can be verified.
- Father G said Deo gratias! How happy I am to read the update!
- Uxixu said Ah dear Reverend Fr Jim conveniently ignores how s...
- Uxixu said @suedusek On that same line of thought, I wonder i...
- Uxixu said @Kathleen10 consecrated vessels are required to to...
- Stephen McMullen said Within one generation, there will be no radical ...
- suedusek said I suppose we should trust that the consecrated hos...
- bj said Wonderful news, Grateful to be Catholic!
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis has called the family of James Foley:...
- Grateful to be Catholic said The Archbishop won! The satanist has agreed to gi...
- Marissa said I can’t remember who the story was about ...
- APX said Kathleen, Every single tiny thimble that held the...
- JesusFreak84 said I want to read the other books in the series (R...
- Ichabod said As an aside, Fr. Finigan says, “After explai...
- Lori Pieper said I don’t think Communion on the tongue would...
- Kathleen10 said There is no way to protect Jesus from priests who...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 3 July 2008
From Ps 148:
Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.Praise him, ye heavens of heavens: and let all the waters that are above the heavens.Praise the name of the Lord. For he spoke, and … Continue reading
Let’s talk about some really interesting censures! Try interdict.
Remember, interdict, one of the Church’s censures, is applied to help a person change his … her… way.
This is from the St. Louis Archdiocese website:
As a result of his … Continue reading
I got this question via e-mail:
Dear Fr. Z.,
For the sake of those of us lay women living out our vocations in part by the education of our children … would you please consider posting your articles on "What Does the … Continue reading
I was tipped to this via e-mai. It is from the site of the SSPX in the UK:
LETTER FROM THE DISRICT [sic] SUPERIOR (July) My emphases and comments.
My dear brethren,
On the 14th June 2008 Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos, President of the … Continue reading
A kind reader alerted me to a story which will be in tomorrow’s number of the Italian weekly Panorama. This item by Ignazio Ingrao was previewed on Dagospia.
This very much concerns important work we did with WDTPRS a few … Continue reading
Il Giornale’s intrepid Andrea Tornielli has an interesting post on his blog. My translation.
Yesterday there was officially announced the birth of a committee composed of politicians (bipartisan), men of culture [Read: artists, authors, etc.], teachers, journalists, which sign up with … Continue reading
The Holy Father has transferred his flag to the papal Summer Residence at Castel Gandolfo, in the Castelli Romani.
On arriving he was greeted, as you might expect, by crowds. He didn’t go out on the balcony, but he did charge … Continue reading
I had posted images from the Mass of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, and the text of the sermons, in Italian. I wanted to follow up with the English texts. The texts are from Zenit - not my … Continue reading
I had posted images from the Mass of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, and the text of the sermons, in Italian. I wanted to follow up with the English texts. The texts are from Zenit, not my translation, … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, over at St. Mary Magdalen has an interesting letter with this interesting quote:
John Carmel Cardinal Heenan apparently said this after attending the first demonstration of the Novus Ordo.
"At home it is not only women and … Continue reading