Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- robtbrown said Bob B. says: I was an Army brat and the only time...
- incredulous said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw Here...
- Netmilsmom said The EF is beautiful, but I have a convert husband...
- incredulous said @TWF, the Church didn’t condemn the Christer...
- Mariana2 said ““luxury” seafood” What is luxury has...
- PhilipNeri said The Devil whispers, “Sign over your eternal inheri...
- Kevin said Men can do whatever they like with their laws and...
- scribbly said Whilst I was in Papua New Guinea, the Rector of ou...
- Chon said I should have said, “…arrange for expe...
- mburn16 said “We should band together and form and join a...
- Enoch the Sleestak said truthfinder wrote: “I don’t know if it stil...
- Chon said StnyPtGuy said: “If I heard correctly, Abp....
- Chon said Bea, I used to feel the same way, and prayed and p...
- defreitas said Now Brother Thoma… The question is, if one o...
- Bob B. said I don’t understand the people that are so qu...
- Bea said How beautiful. Had a good long cry over what we ar...
- TWF said incredulous: Was King George worse than the pagan...
- dholwell said The Brigittine fudge link is down. Did Fr. Z̵...
- Vecchio di Londra said Just looking at this from the gator’s point...
- Elizium23 said Too bad embedded images are not permitted here. Le...
- jfk03 said In the Byzantine tradition, the first Sunday in Le...
- eiggam said As the sarcastic locked the church at 8pm tonight,...
- RafqasRoad said MBurn16 who commented at #51, You are the first h...
- Michael_Thoma said This is an interesting occurrence non the less. I...
- pannw said That the devil is out there searching for us to te...
- Kindspirit said I guess if you think the Church is a museum piece...
- majuscule said Wonderful! And this from San Francisco: The Tradit...
- Sonshine135 said Father had a great homily and spoke about Satan. T...
- mary said Third week in a row – same message. Sin an...
- Sonshine135 said @Elizium23 You will find this interesting. I went...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 3 July 2008
From Ps 148:
Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.Praise him, ye heavens of heavens: and let all the waters that are above the heavens.Praise the name of the Lord. For he spoke, and … Continue reading
Let’s talk about some really interesting censures! Try interdict.
Remember, interdict, one of the Church’s censures, is applied to help a person change his … her… way.
This is from the St. Louis Archdiocese website:
As a result of his … Continue reading
I got this question via e-mail:
Dear Fr. Z.,
For the sake of those of us lay women living out our vocations in part by the education of our children … would you please consider posting your articles on "What Does the … Continue reading
I was tipped to this via e-mai. It is from the site of the SSPX in the UK:
LETTER FROM THE DISRICT [sic] SUPERIOR (July) My emphases and comments.
My dear brethren,
On the 14th June 2008 Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos, President of the … Continue reading
A kind reader alerted me to a story which will be in tomorrow’s number of the Italian weekly Panorama. This item by Ignazio Ingrao was previewed on Dagospia.
This very much concerns important work we did with WDTPRS a few … Continue reading
Il Giornale’s intrepid Andrea Tornielli has an interesting post on his blog. My translation.
Yesterday there was officially announced the birth of a committee composed of politicians (bipartisan), men of culture [Read: artists, authors, etc.], teachers, journalists, which sign up with … Continue reading
The Holy Father has transferred his flag to the papal Summer Residence at Castel Gandolfo, in the Castelli Romani.
On arriving he was greeted, as you might expect, by crowds. He didn’t go out on the balcony, but he did charge … Continue reading
I had posted images from the Mass of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, and the text of the sermons, in Italian. I wanted to follow up with the English texts. The texts are from Zenit - not my … Continue reading
I had posted images from the Mass of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, and the text of the sermons, in Italian. I wanted to follow up with the English texts. The texts are from Zenit, not my translation, … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, over at St. Mary Magdalen has an interesting letter with this interesting quote:
John Carmel Cardinal Heenan apparently said this after attending the first demonstration of the Novus Ordo.
"At home it is not only women and … Continue reading