Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Uxixu said Though I suppose they ARE a barrier, though I gues...
- Uxixu said @Wiktor my parish (built in 1960) has a marble alt...
- Patrick-K said Don’t overextend yourself. Have a hot whiske...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: But don’t trumpet the fact and don’t look...
- LeslieL said Ahhh….I’m sorry. Certainly sending pr...
- lsclerkin said Just prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for you. In L...
- Mr. Green said CrimsonCatholic: Why do so many Catholics read eve...
- APX said iudicame, Fasting is pointless if by doing so it m...
- Montenegro said Will do!
- Eugene said Just said a Hail Mary on your behalf Father. Pleas...
- McCall1981 said As always, you have my prayers. Hope you feel bett...
- UncleBlobb said Praying here, and get well soon, Father dear.
- frjim4321 said I would concede that it is an improvement although...
- yatzer said Of course, fervent prayers for you.
- frjim4321 said ” … exclusive presence … “
- lsclerkin said Confession Stations Holy Mass (TLM) rosary Holy Ho...
- tbakker said frjim4321 Oh, by the way, in which paragraph of t...
- Philippa Martyr said PS I note with approval that the comfy chairs have...
- Philippa Martyr said A restoration, not a wreckovation! Huzzah! People...
- Mr. Green said Wolfeken: At some point we need to stop blaming “t...
- frjim4321 said Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quotes the Joh...
- jhayes said Here are the 1979 CDF “Observations” o...
- pannw said His book, Human Sexuality, suspended all moral jud...
- Mike said Couldn’t use the popup in either IE or Chrom...
- Obumbrabit said Plugin got stuck so I downloaded it, but even that...
- Obumbrabit said I am listening every day. Thank you Father.
- benedetta said Bryan D. Boyle, yes, it’s hard to know where...
- friarpark said This. Is. Fantastic.
- Gemma said Beautiful! I love this order of priests. Wherever...
- mrshopey said I hope he meets with them, alone. If any need hea...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 15 July 2008
It is humbling to see the various places whence some of you readers are coming.
In the top few slots just a couple minutes ago I saw:
Newcastle Upon TynePago PagoSheboygan, WisconsinTe KauwhataDublinRenningen, Baden-WurttembergTokyoBismarck, North DakotaItuna, SaskatchewanStockholm, Stockholms LanNatchitoches, LouisianaTielt, West-VlaanderenDallas, Texas
Make … Continue reading
A priest WDTPRSer helped me to a chuckle today:
Dear Fr. Z,
First, thank you for your blog. I’ve been following it faithfully for about 2 years and I always find something interesting and informative. You are providing a great service to … Continue reading
Here is a question from e-mail, useful for people and priests alike:
Dear Fr. Z.,
We are expecting our 6th baby in August and I asked our "Sunday" priest if he would come up to do the baptism at our local parish. … Continue reading
Another question from e-mail:
First allow me to say how much I, as a young convert, have enjoyed and learned a great deal from your blog. My question is, what is the status on Latin Rite Catholics participating in Masses according … Continue reading
I got this question via e-mail:
In societies that use the 1962 Missal, when does a man become a cleric? The current 1983 Code says they become a cleric at the diaconate. Do societies like the FSSP and ICK have an … Continue reading
Today I have an interview with His Hermeneuticalness himself, Fr. Timothy Finigan. We talk togther about Summorum Pontificum and matters liturgical and spiritual. I think you’ll find this pretty interesting.
But first, we hear from St. Bonaventure (+1274) speaking to us … Continue reading
Here is a video piece from CTV about the opening of WYD:
I am concerned about something.
I am concerned that with Summorum Pontificum the use of Latin will be segregated to the Extraordinary Form.
We must have far more Latin in all Masses.
So here is a blog piece from Esperu. … Continue reading
The latest letter to priests from the Congregation for Clergy:
Dear brother priests,
On the occasion of the August 4th feast of St. John Marie Vianney, the Curé of Ars, I greet you cordially with all my heart, and I fraternally send … Continue reading