Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said Please pray for my son N who found out last week h...
- Gaz said Neophytes find the cross unusual and confronting....
- Eugene said I have prayed for all above plus Father Z’s...
- haskovez said My wife and I were married in Guadalajara, Mexico...
- Norah said On CathNews – a service of Church Resources is app...
- Gregorius said Though I’ve in the past been against intinct...
- MouseTemplar said OK. Going to log some extra time that day in adora...
- Giuseppe said @acardnal – One would hope that an unmarrie...
- Fr. W said When a group of seminarians were visiting Rome, we...
- Mojoron said One of my pet peeves is the pressure that the Lati...
- acardnal said “I am genuinely puzzled that there is any c...
- frjim4321 said So if Rome is the model for liturgy, does that mea...
- RomeontheRange said Historical note: We have a long tradition of civil...
- lmo1968 said I used to work for a priest who sought out couples...
- Mike said Let’s not forget to offer up one anotherR...
- Matt R said Communion under two kinds really ought to be limit...
- Matt R said The Litany to Our Lady of Sorrows is beautiful, an...
- Rachel said I just visited the cathedral of Santa Rosa on a tr...
- benedetta said This is exactly right from jhayes above “The churc...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Ongoing prayers, please, to the Infant Jesus.
- John V said I recall being instructed that only bishops and pr...
- Gretchen said Did a short Google search and the number 88 is pur...
- Mary Jane said kat, I have been thinking the same thing as well....
- ecb said I attended Mass a couple of years ago at a downtow...
- acardnal said marcelus wrote, “No traditional orders have...
- The Cobbler said “…during a satanic ritual to bring abo...
- Stephen Matthew said I would favor intinction for several reasons: 1. T...
- Ichabod said Please pray for two men who are great husbands, fa...
- Wade said iteadthomam, I may be mistaken, but I think that t...
- Ichabod said Amen. Thank you Dad of Six. St. Gabriel of Our Lad...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- CHART: Correspondence of lectionaries, Ordinary and Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 15 July 2008
It is humbling to see the various places whence some of you readers are coming.
In the top few slots just a couple minutes ago I saw:
Newcastle Upon TynePago PagoSheboygan, WisconsinTe KauwhataDublinRenningen, Baden-WurttembergTokyoBismarck, North DakotaItuna, SaskatchewanStockholm, Stockholms LanNatchitoches, LouisianaTielt, West-VlaanderenDallas, Texas
Make … Continue reading
A priest WDTPRSer helped me to a chuckle today:
Dear Fr. Z,
First, thank you for your blog. I’ve been following it faithfully for about 2 years and I always find something interesting and informative. You are providing a great service to … Continue reading
Here is a question from e-mail, useful for people and priests alike:
Dear Fr. Z.,
We are expecting our 6th baby in August and I asked our "Sunday" priest if he would come up to do the baptism at our local parish. … Continue reading
Another question from e-mail:
First allow me to say how much I, as a young convert, have enjoyed and learned a great deal from your blog. My question is, what is the status on Latin Rite Catholics participating in Masses according … Continue reading
I got this question via e-mail:
In societies that use the 1962 Missal, when does a man become a cleric? The current 1983 Code says they become a cleric at the diaconate. Do societies like the FSSP and ICK have an … Continue reading
Today I have an interview with His Hermeneuticalness himself, Fr. Timothy Finigan. We talk togther about Summorum Pontificum and matters liturgical and spiritual. I think you’ll find this pretty interesting.
But first, we hear from St. Bonaventure (+1274) speaking to us … Continue reading
Here is a video piece from CTV about the opening of WYD:
I am concerned about something.
I am concerned that with Summorum Pontificum the use of Latin will be segregated to the Extraordinary Form.
We must have far more Latin in all Masses.
So here is a blog piece from Esperu. … Continue reading
The latest letter to priests from the Congregation for Clergy:
Dear brother priests,
On the occasion of the August 4th feast of St. John Marie Vianney, the Curé of Ars, I greet you cordially with all my heart, and I fraternally send … Continue reading