You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- lampada said My diocese has one of the highest numbers of semin...
- chantgirl said I know several NO parish priests who would love to...
- Jayna said I recently graduated with my Masters in Theology a...
- Late for heaven said Having female alter servers leads to confusion at...
- Giuseppe said 1) Girl altar servers can foster vocations, if you...
- Lisa said As soon as our parish started allowing girl altar...
- JabbaPapa said I see nothing significantly wrong with very young...
- Fr AJ said All male servers is a nice idea but in some places...
- SimonDodd said This seems like a fundamentally empirical question...
- Austin Catholics said @maryh “which is why people like Frjim4321 a...
- jesusthroughmary said I remember a few years ago, when a friend of mine...
- tealady24 said For all those affected by the tornado in Moore, OK...
- a catechist said What bothers me about this topic is that it lets t...
- RJHighland said After attending several TLM masses will I was a vo...
- wmeyer said I think that, as with most changes made after the...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, if he who can change the regulations...
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
- The Sicilian Woman said VexillaRegis, that is a fine brigade of saints you...
- Helier said All 3 of my children have been altar servers ̵...
- Bob B. said Being a Catholic school teacher, I always felt it...
- Dave N. said @Robbie I only recently turned 36 so my history of...
- chriskelly said At our parish, unfortunately, we must include any...
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- 9 Videos that Warm the Catholic Soul - BIG PULPIT said [...] Fr. O, An Irish Ordinariate What If I Were D...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 15 July 2008
It is humbling to see the various places whence some of you readers are coming.
In the top few slots just a couple minutes ago I saw:
Newcastle Upon TynePago PagoSheboygan, WisconsinTe KauwhataDublinRenningen, Baden-WurttembergTokyoBismarck, North DakotaItuna, SaskatchewanStockholm, Stockholms LanNatchitoches, LouisianaTielt, West-VlaanderenDallas, Texas
Make … Continue reading
A priest WDTPRSer helped me to a chuckle today:
Dear Fr. Z,
First, thank you for your blog. I’ve been following it faithfully for about 2 years and I always find something interesting and informative. You are providing a great service to … Continue reading
Here is a question from e-mail, useful for people and priests alike:
Dear Fr. Z.,
We are expecting our 6th baby in August and I asked our "Sunday" priest if he would come up to do the baptism at our local parish. … Continue reading
Another question from e-mail:
First allow me to say how much I, as a young convert, have enjoyed and learned a great deal from your blog. My question is, what is the status on Latin Rite Catholics participating in Masses according … Continue reading
I got this question via e-mail:
In societies that use the 1962 Missal, when does a man become a cleric? The current 1983 Code says they become a cleric at the diaconate. Do societies like the FSSP and ICK have an … Continue reading
Today I have an interview with His Hermeneuticalness himself, Fr. Timothy Finigan. We talk togther about Summorum Pontificum and matters liturgical and spiritual. I think you’ll find this pretty interesting.
But first, we hear from St. Bonaventure (+1274) speaking to us … Continue reading
Here is a video piece from CTV about the opening of WYD:
I am concerned about something.
I am concerned that with Summorum Pontificum the use of Latin will be segregated to the Extraordinary Form.
We must have far more Latin in all Masses.
So here is a blog piece from Esperu. … Continue reading
The latest letter to priests from the Congregation for Clergy:
Dear brother priests,
On the occasion of the August 4th feast of St. John Marie Vianney, the Curé of Ars, I greet you cordially with all my heart, and I fraternally send … Continue reading