Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mrs. G said I’m a couple of years older than Gracie, and...
- robtbrown said Reconverted Idiot says: Oh dear, what a load of le...
- vetusta ecclesia said I think (from memory) that Cranmer had the felicit...
- Mike said Regarding a pre-Mass public Rosary, Father Z notes...
- exNOAAman said … By next year he’ll be pastor of a cardboar...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I like “vicissitude” for that word. I...
- Andrew Saucci said I certainly see lots of cause for suspicion here....
- Robbie said Like many things we thought had been put out to pa...
- Supertradmum said The icons were fantastic. So much art is then sold...
- Ivan said Grateful to be Catholic says: The “seemingly usefu...
- Supertradmum said Excellent and timely, Father. Book, please, with a...
- Ben Trovato said Father, I’ll have a shot at that and let yo...
- jhayes said Here’s a photo published in 2004, showing t...
- Prayerful said Maybe iconoclasm, more like vandalism. Fr Rutler s...
- Grateful to be Catholic said The “seemingly useful link” that seeme...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Ben Trovato says: Sunday readings, or weekdays as...
- Ben Trovato said Father, Are you looking for Sunday readings, or we...
- But Father! said As a point of law and Catholic ethics (neither of...
- lmgilbert said Young lady, make more videos! You know what you a...
- anj said Very troubling. I had hoped we had seen the last...
- lmo1968 said My grandmother had a wonderful assortment of hats...
- APX said Slainewe, Men do NOT have authority over women. Hu...
- DFWShook said I LOVE the remark about women wearing veils are a...
- OrthodoxChick said Polycarpio, “Getting my age ticket stamped....
- Tradster said “?inculcating a silent and recollected atmos...
- Ttony said Father, if you read http://ccfather.blogspot.co.uk...
- skvie5738 said This video is a much better evangelization tool th...
- Mike said @blessedtolivenow: Praying for a safe and uneventf...
- gracie said I get a little nervous when I hear a girl saying t...
- Mr. Screwtape said If anyone would like a button, please contact the...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 2 July 2009
I picked up from Twitter that the White House announced that Doug Kmiec will be the new Ambassador to Malta.
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, President Barack Obama announced his intent to nominate the following individuals for key administration posts:
Jonathan Addleton, Ambassador … Continue reading
I got this from a reader. I love the image and had to share it.
Father Jason Jones, Rector of the National Shrine of Wales, Our Lady of the Taper, celebrated a Missa Cantata on the Feast of the Most Precious … Continue reading
I am presently dissecting a dialogue in the Catholic Herald and I am wondering if I should do so on the blog.
The excellent Catholic Herald of the UK has an interesting feature: an exchange of letters between Moyra Doorly, and … Continue reading
Obama holds round table with religion writers
By Patricia ZaporCatholic News Service
WASHINGTON (CNS) — President Barack Obama told a morning round table with religion writers [but why?] July 2 that he was profoundly influenced by the late Cardinal Joseph Bernardin … Continue reading
Another wonderful article from this week’s Catholic Herald of the UK.
Let me give you just a couple of the good bits… go there and read the whole thing.
‘Good Hebridean food – it’s so easy’Carolyn Reynier meets one of Britain’s … Continue reading
From The Catholic Herald, the best weekly in the UK, comes this from the keyboard of the charming and persistent Anna Arco with my emphases and comments.
Bishop: disobedience is harming the ChurchBy Anna Arco
Bishops who have deep theological differences with … Continue reading
I received this from a reader:
I write at the request of Father Prior of Clear Creek Monastery in the Diocese of Tulsa.
Father Francois de Feydeau, the subprior of Clear Creek, bravely continues his fight for his life on earth, while … Continue reading
From National Catholic Register:
President Obama Meets With Catholic Press Tomorrow
Posted by Tim Drake
Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:39 PM
Tomorrow morning at 10:45 Eastern time the president is hosting a roundtable at the White House for members of the Catholic press.
The National … Continue reading