Brick by brick… literally – how the restoration will happen

There is fantastic coverage of the 15 August ground breaking ceremony with His Excellency Robert W. Finn, Bishop of Kansas City-Saint Joseph, for the first building of the Priory of Our Lady of Ephesus, the future home of the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles.

This entry was posted in SESSIUNCULA. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Brick by brick… literally – how the restoration will happen

1. Jayna says:

That is the fanciest shovel I have ever seen. On a more serious note, it is so beautiful to see nuns looking like, well, nuns (and the priests looking like priests for that matter).

2. TomB says:

They sing like the angels, too.

3. William says:

Can you just imagine the “spin” John Allen over at NCR would put on this event?

4. moon1234 says:

I really liked seeing “real” nuns as well. What a testament to be seen in habit to ones devotion to our Lord.

5. “When the monks come back, marriages will come back.”

-G.K. Chesterton

6. Ellen says:

I got to go to Mass several times last week at the Fathers of Mercy’s Chapel of Divine Mercy where Bishop Finn was giving a retreat.

The Chapel is awesomely beautiful.

7. TJM says:

That’s a stunning cope and mitre! Thanks for posting this wonderful news. Tom

8. TJM says:

Isn’t “Sister” Chittester, allegedly a Benedictine? She will be grieved that young, holy women would actually want to be nuns instead of glorified social workers or left-wing activists. Tom

9. gloriainexcelsis says:

I am so thrilled for these good sisters. Besides their CD (and I look forwward to the next one), their vestments and altar cloths, etc., are beautiful, lovingly made, and a prayer goes into every item they make. I hope people will support them in any way possible.

10. Agnes says:

What good-looking vestments. Way to go!

11. irishgirl says:

Kudos to Bishop Finn and to the Benedictiines of Mary!

I have their CD as well….and they do sing like angels!