Wherein Fr. Z rants

Sometimes I think I am a character in Enemy of the State.

Thus endeth the rant.

This entry was posted in Wherein Fr. Z Rants. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Wherein Fr. Z rants

1. The Will Smith character, or the John Voigt character? Someone else?

2. chcrix says:

Father Z:

Have you considered the possibility that you ARE an enemy of the state?

Certainly the history of the 20th and 21st centuries shows that governments have acquired a strong predisposition to consider anyone who holds principles they would not compromise at the command of the state to be potential enemies.

3. Gabriella says:

Thank God for that, Fr. Z! :)
    Like chcrix above, I think that all of us practicing Catholics ARE enemies of the state …

At least we don’t pray TO Obama!! :(

4. Tom A. says:

Father, were you watching that movie last night? It was on Encore network. I watched some of it. Or are you the Gene Hackman character? [I just caught enough of it to recognize what it was before shutting down.]

5. iudicame says:

Father Z

You really can’t let those parking tickets slide.

m

6. chironomo says:

I’m looking at the “list” right now… don’t see your name on it yet. But if you keep harping on this “Catholic identity” thing….

7. chcrix: Have you considered the possibility that you ARE an enemy of the state?

LOL!

8. Agnes says:

No, just a beloved pied piper. Tweet!

Prayers are with you, Z. All us heliotropes start to droop with the lack of sunlight. Makes us more dependent on the light of Christ.

9. Konichiwa says:

That’s the shortest rant I have ever read. I wish to imitate that when I rant.

10. Margaret says:

I wish to imitate that when I rant.

My kids would pay real money if I could keep my rants that succinct…

11. Salvatore_Giuseppe says:

Well, considering that in my Humanities class today I heard “the Catholic doctrine before Trent was Faith alone, and then was made faith AND works at Trent, and then changed back to Faith alone in 2000(through some agreement with the Lutherans)”, it doesn’t surprise me that you, and I at times, feel that way

12. Salvatore: Obviously the person who said that doesn’t have a clue.

13. Sandy says:

I wish my rant could be that brief :) I’m looking at all the blessings too. Gosh, Salvatore, what college is that?! Could it be a “Catholic” school?

14. Salvatore_Giuseppe says:

thankfully(I suppose), it is just a local Community College, here at the lower edge of the Bible Belt. Us Catholics are much outnumbered.

I was actually pretty surprised, because the coverage of the Protestant Reformation and its causes was actually much more fair-minded. I sensed more bias(and as Fr. Z pointed out, in this case just ignorance), in this lesson on the Counter-Reformation. The explanation of the Ecstasy of St. Theresa was much more focused on the sexual innuendo than the mystical side of it(mostly covered in a passing mention of Song of Songs).

15. Tina in Ashburn says:

Father, clearly the folks on this blog are all a bunch of out a’ work comedians.

LOL!!

16. patrick_f says:

Fr, I am afraid you are more “A Man for all Seasons” at times, given how articulate you are.

17. Anyone who promotes Catholic teachings is the enemy of the state these days. Even Pope Benedict is trying to get the European Union to remember its Christian roots.