When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Auggie said Some Minnesotans, but I’m not sure about Fr....
- Maynardus said I know of at least two priests who routinely use t...
- Latin Mass Type said KC MO? Home of the…oh, I can’t bear to...
- Ed the Roman said One cannot err with Subway tuna on wheat. It is th...
- Gabriel Syme said Your home City looks beautiful Father, thank you f...
- Luvadoxi said She served with honor. Men are parents too.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Bryan D Boyle: Negative. I’m a Minneapolis...
- msc said That old ICEL version is astonishing. When I refle...
- Bryan D. Boyle said You’re a KC native? Knew there was more ab...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: Yes, that’s the plan.
- oklip955 said Thanks for the Serbian.
- SaintJude6 said Konichiwa, Thank you. I was wondering if other FS...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Cardinal Sarah recently published in France a book...
- SaintJude6 said Papabile, I tried to use “eternal life”...
- Marg said Women in combat or combat type situations, not goo...
- Martlet said I’ve tried, Father, I really have, but the m...
- acardnal said I believe Bp Morlino will be attending, too.
- Simon_GNR said Announcements, if necessary, should come as curren...
- Papabile said This is from the 1969 Baptismal rite…. The o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “It’s a mistake for the Church to use the vo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said There seems to be a big difference between the bor...
- Geoffrey said “By the way, in the traditional rite of bapt...
- Lucas said I shouldn’t have said buy, I meant to say do...
- Kathleen10 said If only we had more Cardinals and Bishops like Car...
- Cody said It bothers me how few have seemed to notice the Pe...
- Giuseppe said Why did Jesus ascend to heaven on a Thursday? He w...
- Rachel Pineda said Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perp...
- The Masked Chicken said Fr. Z translated the Italian into English after ea...
- jfk03 said Father, my Italian is not so hot. When you get a...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear VexiilsRegis, You wrote: “But aren’t we...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
- Rome – Day 3: Sunday edition
- “Oh give me a home….” Nuns on the range.
- ASK FATHER: Marrying first civilly, later sacramentally
- Rome – Day 2: Mozarabic Edition
- ASK FATHER: Is baptism by fake women ‘priests’ valid?
- Wherein Fr. Z rants and cracks the whip
- Of a “gay Mass” sermon, the Poles, and a useful marriage resource for priests
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 13 July 2010
The latest from Michael Voris.
Watch this first.
Then vote in the poll and….
… tell us about your vote in the combox!
I think it was CMR which suggested that NCR’s piece on excommunication might be the stupidest thing you read today. I stress today. (NCR is sure to writer about it again some time.)
It is hard to imagine that a writer … Continue reading
Another dimension of the feeder….
Mr. Grosbeak paying attention to junior.
Please help feed the birds. They are on short commons right now.
Some first aid followed by benign neglect have served to bring Penjing back from the edge of the grave. … Continue reading
Which of these pairs doesn’t belong:
Pope John XXIII – Pres. Kennedy
Pope John Paul II – Pres. Reagan
Pope Benedict XVI – Pres. Obama
In his piece called "Obama and Benedict: A partnership delayed, but not yet denied", Allen is trying with … Continue reading
This is from LifeSite about the abortion clinic in Rockford, IL, about which WDTPRS has posted before (here and here). The people who run this clinic are particularly creepy.
My emphases and comments.
Abortion Clinic Owner Responds with Chainsaw as Radio Blares: … Continue reading
From CNA, which does a good job reporting news where Spanish is spoken:
Spanish archbishop calls for civil disobedience of new abortion law
Madrid, Spain, Jul 13, 2010 / 01:11 pm (CNA).- Archbishop Francisco Gil Hellin of Burgos warned this week there … Continue reading
From The Daily Mail:
King Arthur’s Round Table ‘found’ – except it’s not a table, but a Roman amphitheatre in Chester
By Nigel Blundell
His is among the most enduring legends in our island’s history.
King Arthur, the gallant warrior who gathered his … Continue reading