- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Uxixu said @robtbrown. I would suggest those perceptions tha...
- Lin said If the USCCB, priests, and religious would stick t...
- Fr. Bryan said I suppose that the acceptance of the cassock varie...
- teejay329 said iowapapist…. with sincere gratitude….I...
- ASPM Sem said @Patti Day Whenever I visit my parish I wear my ca...
- fib09002 said TomD: You wrote: “Freedom is Man’s natural s...
- fib09002 said penitentman80: It seems that you believe that an h...
- C N said The people I’ve talked to who looked into a...
- Hans said robtbrown rote: IMHO, the problem could have bee...
- excalibur said This is quite disturbing if true re: Franciscans o...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Two great points: 1) Some theologians (I usually...
- penitentman80 said For the vast majority of people in the United Stat...
- fib09002 said I think we should distinguish Capitalism, which ba...
- mike cliffson said Fr If you yourself should – God between u...
- Hans said Brrr. These can be chilly waters for a permanent...
- cmnunis said For us here in Australia, more so the Archdiocese...
- robtbrown said Uxixu, What I have described is the life of a cler...
- robtbrown said Nan, 1&2. Note that I See my other suggestion...
- TomD said “At the same time, no economic system, free...
- Henry Edwards said Iowapapist: “I wore cassocks as an altar boy...
- BLB Oregon said <> Uptalk may be a way to achieve a dumbed-d...
- Gail F said I do not understand the USCCB’s support for...
- tcreek said My post above noted that 45,000 Americans receive...
- norancor said Priests, wear your cassocks! Father, Just for the...
- Nan said @robtbrown, I see a couple of problems with your s...
- Supertradmum said Well, it would be helpful to see yet another pope&...
- iowapapist said Teejay329: I wore cassocks as an altar boy (before...
- JLCG said Naturally an embryo does not become a man if it is...
- Uxixu said @robtbrown You’ve basically described the pr...
- Gretchen said I think the freedom to publicly applaud the sackin...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 13 July 2010
The latest from Michael Voris.
Watch this first.
Then vote in the poll and….
… tell us about your vote in the combox!
Technorati Tags: Michael Voris
I think it was CMR which suggested that NCR’s piece on excommunication might be the stupidest thing you read today. I stress today. (NCR is sure to writer about it again some time.)
It is hard to imagine that a writer … Continue reading
Another dimension of the feeder….
Mr. Grosbeak paying attention to junior.
Please help feed the birds. They are on short commons right now.
Some first aid followed by benign neglect have served to bring Penjing back from the edge of the grave. … Continue reading
Which of these pairs doesn’t belong:
Pope John XXIII – Pres. Kennedy
Pope John Paul II – Pres. Reagan
Pope Benedict XVI – Pres. Obama
In his piece called "Obama and Benedict: A partnership delayed, but not yet denied", Allen is trying with … Continue reading
This is from LifeSite about the abortion clinic in Rockford, IL, about which WDTPRS has posted before (here and here). The people who run this clinic are particularly creepy.
My emphases and comments.
Abortion Clinic Owner Responds with Chainsaw as Radio Blares: … Continue reading
From CNA, which does a good job reporting news where Spanish is spoken:
Spanish archbishop calls for civil disobedience of new abortion law
Madrid, Spain, Jul 13, 2010 / 01:11 pm (CNA).- Archbishop Francisco Gil Hellin of Burgos warned this week there … Continue reading
From The Daily Mail:
King Arthur’s Round Table ‘found’ – except it’s not a table, but a Roman amphitheatre in Chester
By Nigel Blundell
His is among the most enduring legends in our island’s history.
King Arthur, the gallant warrior who gathered his … Continue reading