In another entry I posted about Archbp. Dolan’s letter to Pres. Obama warning him and his administration to back off from their project to equate those who defend true marriage with racists, as if the proponents of same-sex unions held the moral equivalent of black people seeking equality in the early 1960′s.
Even as I posted that, I found an email urging me to post about the time the founder of Planned Parenthood – supported enthusiastically by the Obama Administration – addressed the Klu Klux Klan. Yes, Margaret Sanger was an ally of the KKK.
I can’t help but wonder at how tone deaf the White House is about racism. I suppose they depend on general ignorance of the origins of Planned Parenthood and its virulent agenda.
The email I received just had some quotes about Margaret Sanger and the KKK but no references. You can find some more information about this HERE. I am sure readers have more on this. Sanger gives her own account of the event with the KKK in her own words in The Autobiography of Margaret Sanger (Reprint – Dover Publications, 2004, pp. 366-367).
Here is what I received in the email:
Prolife leaders are asking that the first week of October be set aside to recall the fact that Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, spoke at Ku Klux Klan rally. As stated in her autobiography:
“I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan…I saw through the door dim figures parading with banners and illuminated crosses…I was escorted to the platform, was introduced, and began to speak…In the end, through simple illustrations I believed I had accomplished my purpose. A dozen invitations to speak to similar groups were proffered.”
85 years after the Planned Parenthood foundress spoke at the KKK rally Planned Parenthood:
- *A black baby is three times more likely to be murdered in the womb than a white baby.
- *Twice as many African-Americans have died from abortion than have died from AIDS, accidents, violent crimes, cancer, and heart disease combined.
- *Every three days, more African-Americans are killed by abortion than have been killed by the Ku Klux Klan in its entire history.
- *Planned Parenthood operates the nation’s largest chain of abortion clinics and almost 80 percent of its facilities are located in minority neighborhoods.
- *About 13 percent of American women are black, but they submit to over 35 percent of the abortions.
In this Youtube video you hear Sanger’s own account read from her aforementioned autobigraphy. It is machine generated reading, similar to what you would hear with the Kindle text-to-voice option. Not perfect but not bad.
The Obama Administration is pushing a policy that anyone (the Catholic Church and others) who support true marriage are similar to racists. (HERE)
It’s all rather like a Salvador Dali painting in which clocks are melting off the edges of tables.