The Feast of the Sacred Heart is, I believe, the only Feast that Our Lord Himself requested!
I hope your parish will have special Masses.
Those of you in NYC or environs will want to go to the Church of the Holy Innocents in Manhattan for Mass with the 1962 Missale Romanum. The music will be Gregorian chant for the day and some motets.
The Mass is follow by their usual 1st Friday Vigil, for example:
- 6 pm – Solemn Mass (TLM)
- Exposition after Mass till 5 am
- Recitation of Consecration to the Sacred Heart
- Stations of the Cross
- 9 pm – Vespers and Compline
- through the night recitation of approved Litanies
- through the night Scriptural Rosary
- 3 am – Divine Mercy Chaplet
- 5 am – Sung Mass, Votive of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Holy Innocents in on 37th (between 7th Ave and Broadway – near Herald Square).