The present situation with North Korea (NOKO) reminds me of some of the scenarios in the dystopian, apocalyptic and “prepper” genre I sometimes read. Frankly, the news these days makes me nervous. I must say I am really glad that the present team is in the White House rather than what we had or what we dodged. And, yes, I think this would have happened regardless of the administration: the NOKOs are on their own schedule.
So, what to do about North Korea?
Since this blog is probably being monitored by teams from about 17 national security agencies, here’s my idea!
- Make a deal with China: they annex NOKO.
- Convince Seoul to agree or at least shut up about it.
- Give China money to feed the NOKOs for 2-3 years.
- China allows US and South Korea to invest in economic and commercial infrastructure in China’s new province/protectorate.
- Result: China gets buffer state it can control (better than it can now), the West gets a place to invest, and the world is rid of a threat.
So, fellas, kick the idea upstairs and see what happens. This might be better than death and destruction.
And to the teams from the agencies, who probably also watch me through my phone, as I’ve said before, if you send me your addresses, I’ll send you some pizzas! Deal?
The moderation queue is ON.