SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Son of Saint Alphonsus on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Fathers: If for some reason you can’t obtain wine from a sacramental wine distributor, talk to someone at a local…”
- TonyO on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Did nearly all that…shot rifles at 9, though my pa could not afford to just give me my own gun,…”
- Jim Dorchak on Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA: “Our Son Thomas now has his first HAM radio. It was gifted to him by a Chilean friend of ours…”
- Cornelius on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Born in 1958, this is all true for me (except the eating worms bit – didn’t do that, but I…”
- Fr Martin Fox on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “For most priests, I aver, it is no problem obtaining valid wine by way of companies that specialize in preparing…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Oh, 4139 Masses because I was a daily Mass attendee for over 10 years. I realize I hadn’t missed 4150…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Many years ago, when I was a wee chick in graduate school, I used to attend the university Newman Center.…”
- Littlemore on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “iPadre writes. . ?That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than…”
- sjoseph371 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I find it hard to believe that any priest cannot find the correct wine for Mass. What are they doing,…”
- Katherine on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “TonyO wrote, “On the one hand, having shopped for wine at local stores hundreds of times, I feel that it…”
- Not on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just another issue that causes trepidation among Catholics. Recently I have experienced traditional Priests not accepting Baptisms from other traditional…”
- Cornelius on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I’m confused by this: “Therefore, for years, none of the Masses were valid. None of the intentions for Masses were…”
- maternalView on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Catholic beauty for the win!”
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just go back to the old Mass and the traditional forms of the Sacraments. No more doubts about validity. Never…”
- iPadre on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than the Church.”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: July 2017
Wherein Fr. Z sends Michael Sean Winters a “Combat Rosary”
UPDATE: Winters responded! HERE ___ ORIGINALLY Published on: Jul 31, 2017: The other day Michael Sean Winters, the juggernaut writer for the Fishwrap, attacked you readers here. HERE He did so, because one of you asked me about the Most Holy Rosary as a … Read More
If Fishwrap and modernist Jesuits had their way…
Writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) and Amerika type Jesuits want us to become like these forward-looking, progressives whom they so idolize. This was sent by a friend. Here’s a smattering with my emphases and comments. From American Conservative: Spin Of The Year [Accompanied … Read More
Jesuits and the Barque of Peter
My good friend Fr. Finigan, aka His Hermeneuticalness, has a doozy of a post today about admirable Jesuits, on this the feast of their founder, St. Ignatius. HERE He names some great Jesuits, many of whom I know and one of … Read More
Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard during the Holy Mass in fulfillment your of Sunday Obligation? Let us know.
My View For Awhile: Northward Bound
Time to head home. In other words, it’s time for another bout with Delta. On my computer screen in that photo, is the text of a comment posted under my last travel post extravagantly defending Delta! HERE. To which … Read More
ASK FATHER: Was St. Michael Prayer after Mass suppressed by Vatican II?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I recently heard a priest announce to his congregation that the St. Michael Prayer had been “suppressed” by Vatican II. [No.] People could still pray it privately, but it could not be recited in congregation after mass. Is this … Read More
NLM: Useful study of creation of the Novus Ordo Lectionary
Have you followed the tennis match back and forth that has resulted since Card. Sarah’s suggestion in La Nef that the Extraordinary and the Ordinary Forms of Mass should have a coordinated Lectionary? Some were cool about that suggestion and … Read More
Wisdom from Hugh of St. Victor
I picked up this great quote on Sententiae Antiquae. My emphases and comments: Hugo of St. Victor, Didascalion On the Study of Reading – Preface (Part I) “There are many whom nature has left so destitute of intellect that they are unable to grasp … Read More
ASK FATHER: Msgr. Mannion supports ordination of deaconettes. Fail.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: One of our Diocesan (Salt Lake City) Priests [Msgr. M. Francis Mannion] wrote an op-ed for our local Diocese Newspaper entitled “Some Items That Caught My Attention Recently”. In this piece, (HERE) he talks about how the Eastern Rite … Read More
@MichaelSWinters nasty remark about converts. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Today there is a “Defense of Converts” in First Things. There is a defense because there was an attack. A couple days back, at the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter), the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left, Michael Sean Winters, attacked … Read More
Did Pope Francis insult some young priests? Fr. Z opines and tells a story.
This isn’t the sort of thing that should pull much of our attention or energy. However, I have been asked about it in email by a surprising number of people, including priests. It seems that the site Messa in latino picked … Read More
A timely review, including the ULTIMATE priest gift.
UPDATE: From a priest, just now: Just a note to let you know that I bought a portable altar from St. Joseph’s Apprentice a few months back. I couldn’t be happier with it — it is absolutely beautiful! And Rick … Read More
To the defeatists
Some years back, 19 March 2013 to be exact, I published here a manifesto entitled “Dear Traditionalists” to which I return from time to time. I still adhere to it. In that piece I featured a photo of aspiring Navy … Read More
Some good things are happening
I have had notes from reader about good things going on. First, I call your attention to a good initiative in the Diocese of Burlington (Vermont). A new group has been established called the St. Philip Neri Latin Mass Chaplaincy. … Read More
Rumors about Summorum Pontificum – GET A GRIP!
My email is filling with panicked messages about a story at LifeSite which suggests that Pope Francis is maneuvering to end the universal legislation established by Benedict XVI in Summorum Pontificum. HERE Please, friends, breathe into a paper bag or whatever … Read More
REVIEW – Peter Kwasniewski’s new book: Noble Beauty, Transcendent Holiness: Why the Modern Age Needs the Mass of Ages
I’m digging into Peter Kwasniewski’s new book: Noble Beauty, Transcendent Holiness: Why the Modern Age Needs the Mass of Ages US HERE – UK HERE It has a forward by the great Martin Mosebach, author of The Heresy of Formlessness (a … Read More
ASK FATHER: Can an ex-woman, a trans “man”, be ordained?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: With the increase of transgender people pushing their agenda, would it be possible for a biological woman who thinks she’s a he and has gone through the Sex “change” process somehow slip through the cracks and make it to … Read More
“For goodness’ sake, own your faith, Fr. Martin!” Analysis of Jesuit’s homosexualist activism
Over at Crisis there is a piece by Rev. Mr. Jim Russell entitled “A Final Word On Fr. Martin” Alas, I fear that that is far too optimistic. Jesuit Homosexualist-activist Fr James Martin is sure to come up with something weird again … Read More
The blog registration form has been under attack lately. To deal with this I tried to do something clever. It didn’t work. I goofed something up. It could be that I screwed up some registrations from some of you … Read More
Comments Off on Registration Issue
When the ghost of Gene Roddenberry designs a church
“What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” So runs the popular phrase. I hope with all my heart that that is true! Today a friend (and father of a priest) wrote an email with an astonishing link: When the ghost … Read More