When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- NoraLee9 said I am reminded of Fr. Malachy Martin’s book,...
- avatquevale said @Grumpy Beggar, Thank you for the links. Scott Liv...
- DonL said How soon before they start selling “resurre...
- Rosary Rose said We can do something. We are Catholics. We pray. Ou...
- Max said This whole story reminds me of an nineteenth centu...
- Athelstan said aeg, What does joyless quasi-Jansenist mean? Damia...
- WYMiriam said My mother and I participated in a solemn High Mass...
- WYMiriam said “Bizarre” is a mild way to put it, Fat...
- gramma10 said A favorite priest here at “Our Lady of Hope&...
- Long-Skirts said ATLANTIC AURORA Jewel of the west On eastern coast...
- MouseTemplar said Granna10: one could do some reading of Kupelian...
- gramma10 said I agree with Boxerpaws1952 And I also must ask tha...
- Grateful to be Catholic said A society that has already abandoned any stricture...
- Philip Gerard Johnson said As a history major, sometimes I wish I could go ba...
- andia said Jansenism —http://www.unamsanctamcatholicam....
- gramma10 said There once was a time that pulpits preached straig...
- Badger Catholic said I like it so far, but gets … a bit barbaric...
- Scott W. said Jesus did specify that marriage was between a man...
- Grumpy Beggar said Jesus also said , “But I say to you, everyon...
- RomeontheRange said Guess they’re gonna have to start calling it...
- Nancy D. said While it is not a sin to have a disordered inclina...
- Kathleen10 said Ten minutes ago I would not have thought it possib...
- MikeToo said The Holy Spirit is the complete fulfillment of all...
- CharlesG said Jesus did specify that marriage was between a man...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the OP (Father Z’s comment is in the sq...
- yatzer said Alanmac says: The American CDC in a comprehensive...
- Nancy D. said No doubt, if our Holy Father Benedict had free rei...
- Daniel W said An example of Irish logic from a forward-thinking-...
- Elizabeth D said I would be interested if Damien Thompson and/or Fr...
- Martial Artist said Chuck, As a fellow former submariner from 1972-197...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: The future and our choices
You should read Damian Thompson’s take on the recent horrific betrayal by the Irish. HERE
Gay marriage will split the Catholic Church
Ireland, for so long the most overtly Catholic state in Western Europe, has voted for gay marriage by a stupendous … Continue reading
There is a great article at the Italian Il Foglio with pithy quotes from one of my favorite Cardinals, His Eminence Robert Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments. I can only offer a … Continue reading
A the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is a piece you readers of the Fishwrap might want to peruse. The writer points to a sermon recently given by His Eminence Vincent Card. Nichols of Westminster at … Continue reading
I have in the past mentioned the Opus Bono Sacerdotii which is dedicated to helping priests who are in trouble. This is an organization which deserves support.
That said, I saw a fine statistic on their Facebook page.
595 men are … Continue reading
I have seen the whole series Wolf Hall via BBC.
I entirely agree with Charles Krauthammer at WaPo:
“Wolf Hall,” the Man Booker Prize-winning historical novel about the court of Henry VIII — and most dramatically, the conflict between Thomas Cromwell and … Continue reading
In the Washington Times I read this.
Idaho city’s ordinance tells pastors to marry gays or go to jail
Coeur d‘Alene, Idaho, city officials have laid down the law to Christian pastors within their community, telling them bluntly via an ordinance that … Continue reading
Reactions to my post When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family are still rolling in. It was cited quite a few news outlets and blogs.
Today, Sunday, there is a piece in the local paper where I … Continue reading
Okay… this is going to be hard.
From a seminarian:
I am currently a ___ year seminarian attending ___ .
antecently, a new ‘policy’ was adopted here: all must receive Holy Communion standing.
The Holy See has made it absolutely clear that we all have the right to receive the … Continue reading
I call on all the readers here to pray and offer fasting and alms for the spiritual defense of Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco.
Will San Francisco be the Alamo of the Church in these USA?
Today, in the ultra-liberal San Francisco … Continue reading
At the Italian site Nuova Bussola, we find the observations of Oscar Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga about the possibility of Communion for the divorced and remarried.
Impossible? “No!”, says the Cardinal.
And if the upcoming Synod rejects the proposal, the Kasperite Solution, hey!… … Continue reading