- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Cincinnati Priest said One thing I’ve observed as a pastor is that...
- Elizabeth D said I think that it is not good art, and definitely no...
- jmgarciajr said That rather looks like something one drinks from a...
- boxerpaws1952 said OMG
- lsclerkin said Easter Island,, indeed. Is that kryptonite stickin...
- James C said SpesUnica, Father, it’s not that I think I C...
- Sword40 said I join with all those that have offered their than...
- kat said Cannot the NO Mass be said by the priest each day...
- nola catholic said There’s no dispute about the awfulness of th...
- Sword40 said This problem is relatively easy to solve IF you ha...
- Fr. Erik Richtsteig said Ugly. Doesn’t fit with the architecture. Som...
- Andreas said For another example of altered altars, might I dir...
- pelerin said I was amused at robtbrown’s reply guaranteei...
- Moro said Is it possible to earn credits in purgatory toward...
- Joan M said And someone paid for that! What a total waste.
- Menagerie said I don’t find it brutal, I find it ridiculous...
- Random Friar said The greatest factor in limiting time at our parish...
- Rachel K said Hi folks, sorry to break up the party, but althoug...
- disco said It’s the pieta with gumby and pokey!
- yatzer said There are also injuries, illnesses, and surgeries...
- Bedens said If women are going to read at Mass, I believe the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said It’s interesting that this piece was . . . a...
- J_Cathelineau said It seems that I am not only a promethean neo-pelag...
- Priam1184 said On the subject of cyberwarfare: I always think of...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Bridget Theresa quoted a man of her acquaintance w...
- kpoterack said I am still trying to understand Pope Francis, but...
- Sissy said jacobi said: “It leads me to another idea wh...
- VexillaRegis said LOL, robtbrown!
- jacobi said Catholic Coffee Thank you for that comment. It lea...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Defense of Marriage
Readers want me to fisk one of our favorite contributors to the National Catholic Fishwrap, the perennial Sr. Maureen Fiedler. Alas, I two tags for Sister, the other is here.
This week Sister has knuckle-slapped the Bishops of Wisconsin for … Continue reading
London is decorated for the Queen’s 60th Jubilee.
Apart from the decorations and public ceremonies, two things which will stand out from the observance of these 60 years.
First, yesterday at the Brompton Oratory after the principle Mass, celebrated for the Queen’s … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury) defends marriage: politicians who give lips service to the family must now act
Pres. Obama, The First Gay President, is not the only one undermining our first freedoms.
We have been keeping an eye His Excellency Most Rev. Mark Davies, Bishop of Shrewsbury (south of the River Mersey next to Liverpool, the southern parts … Continue reading
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage.
From the site of the USCCB with my emphases:
Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’
May 9, 2012
WASHINGTON—Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of … Continue reading
In Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution has been proposed which would define and defend proper and true marriage. When the weather warms up again watch for St. Paul, Minnesota to become ground zero for this … Continue reading
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
I watched a segment on Hannity’s show tonight (between plays) and candidate Rick Santorum was on. He explained the death of his newborn child, which became a point of – I am not making this up – mockery from … Continue reading
As I understand it, two states have defense of marriage amendments for their state constitutions up for a vote in 2012: North Carolina and Minnesota. As I understand it, the amendment to defend true and natural marriage will not be … Continue reading
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading
I found this to be pretty interesting. I urge you to read the whole thing. It is perhaps the best presentation of the issues I have seen in a brief form.
Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York City has sent, in … Continue reading