Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- DonL said The gift of hope can be found nowhere better (asid...
- One of those TNCs said No “amen” from me, either, and for mos...
- Lori Pieper said Excellent news today! (Aug 27) The Positio for Joh...
- Sword40 said I, too, am a weekly TLM attendee. I’ll stick...
- marcelus said Well.. another one from the fallen from grace Vati...
- Lin said There are a lot of things that I would love to bri...
- hmf10 said Adam was created first. He IS the species. Eve is...
- Lin said It has been a long two years (almost 2-1/2 but who...
- Nan said @Kent Wendler, how beautiful that He allows you a...
- arga said From Day 1, this Holy Father has undertaken to dis...
- Daniel W said Paul M, interesting but not quite sufficient. The...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said People won’t go out of their way to be insul...
- manwithblackhat said I read the article, carefully. All of it. I agree...
- Gerard Plourde said Having just spent four weeks being edified and cha...
- Vincent said Goodness me! Who knew that so many people care abo...
- Benedict Joseph said The “sensus fidei” is comprised of the...
- SimonR said A friend who visited Rome earlier this year expres...
- acardnal said FrJim, please note, shaming can provide a positive...
- clarinetist04 said Here in Luxembourg (and in nearby France as well)...
- FL_Catholic said Well, I guess this just shows that all the faithfu...
- Thorfinn said ” the PA system by Protestants….how ab...
- Polycarpio said As far as I can tell, all this just means that att...
- CPT TOM said I am amazed this is such an issue. I am having a...
- DisturbedMary said Should we draw the most obvious conclusion?
- aquinasadmirer said Is this the “Francis Effect” I keep he...
- Makemeaspark said Dear Fr. Z, I must respectfully agree with Dr. Ed...
- TMKent said I’m a big fan of the TLM. I love that our ch...
- Lori Pieper said Jabba Pappa, they are significant indeed. In fact...
- iamlucky13 said Thank you for the posts on St. Monica today. IR...
- Matthew Gaul said Ever since I visited a pewless monastery, pews mak...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (102)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- Facebook locks out Catholic priest Msgr. Charles Pope, for being a “Monsignor” (45)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (33)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (32)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a 3 year old? (25)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (18)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Pope Francis attended Mass in St. Peter’s on Feast of St. Pius X
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS!
- WDTPRS: 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time – When “virtues” are replaced by “values”.
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this?
- 29 Sept – Holy Innocents -Manhattan – BLUE MASS… TLM!
- Six consecutive sixes in one over
- Facebook locks out Catholic priest Msgr. Charles Pope, for being a “Monsignor”
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a 3 year old?
- ASK FATHER: Can we pray to the deceased who are not saints?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Defense of Marriage
Dr. Jennifer Morse – whose acquaintance I renewed during Acton University last week – has been doing good work at the Ruth Institute to defend true marriage. Not too long ago, I visited a parish which had their pamphlet listing 77 … Continue reading
Readers want me to fisk one of our favorite contributors to the National Catholic Fishwrap, the perennial Sr. Maureen Fiedler. Alas, I two tags for Sister, the other is here. This week Sister has knuckle-slapped the Bishops of Wisconsin … Continue reading
London is decorated for the Queen’s 60th Jubilee. Apart from the decorations and public ceremonies, two things which will stand out from the observance of these 60 years. First, yesterday at the Brompton Oratory after the principle Mass, celebrated for … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury) defends marriage: politicians who give lips service to the family must now act
Pres. Obama, The First Gay President, is not the only one undermining our first freedoms. We have been keeping an eye His Excellency Most Rev. Mark Davies, Bishop of Shrewsbury (south of the River Mersey next to Liverpool, the southern … Continue reading
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage. From the site of the USCCB with my emphases: Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’ May 9, 2012 WASHINGTON—Cardinal … Continue reading
In Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution has been proposed which would define and defend proper and true marriage. When the weather warms up again watch for St. Paul, Minnesota to become ground zero for this issue just as … Continue reading
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the priests … Continue reading
I watched a segment on Hannity’s show tonight (between plays) and candidate Rick Santorum was on. He explained the death of his newborn child, which became a point of – I am not making this up – mockery from liberal … Continue reading
As I understand it, two states have defense of marriage amendments for their state constitutions up for a vote in 2012: North Carolina and Minnesota. As I understand it, the amendment to defend true and natural marriage will not be … Continue reading
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading