"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- ppb said Perhaps the wording on the sign could be different...
- Joel said Mary Jane “Mine is fast and yours is slow.
- Gabriel Syme said Sid Cundiff in NC, I only mentioned religious libe...
- Dr. Edward Peters said I agree with Fr. Z. Of course. And it’s stil...
- JesusFreak84 said OK, I want off this planet >.>
- Gabriel Syme said Sid Cundiff in NC, I only mentioned religious libe...
- JeremyB said The interviewer should have asked if the student t...
- Matt R said JamesM, follow the Ordo for the Extraordinary Form...
- roma247 said **sob!** OH! I’ve been fighting back the Ro...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Thank you for mentioning the name, Hosteria Consta...
- frahobbit said Ooops…thanks to Fr Z for that recall to grat...
- frahobbit said It is a good thing, and since this church doesn...
- frahobbit said @Southern Baron: The thought of NY’ers missi...
- Legisperitus said Dear Chicken: It doesn’t even seem to prete...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z if you are ever itinerant and sleeping under...
- AnnTherese said Pope Francis’ comments reminded me of the Pr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Mr. Green, I have the impression that some (happil...
- RomeontheRange said Very sorry to hear about the gratuitous insults, F...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Gabriel, I should not have been so glib in my...
- iPadre said I’m jealous! That caprese looks delightful....
- Mary Jane said “Everybody’s got a water buffalo!̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “[I] talked with one young man at the University o...
- Sonshine135 said My first impression was that offering a collection...
- Longinus said I’m happy to see that you visited Constanza....
- acbprop said My wife is trying to lure me into a trip to Rome....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops, wrong doubled consonant: “CamillosR
- Venerator Sti Lot said Kathleen10 & BosMutissimus, I suspect that the...
- Kathleen10 said Shocking, and as The Chicken said, the name that c...
- Sarah L @ Beaten Copper Lamp said If I were at my regular parish, or visiting anothe...
- Bos Mutissimus said “Serpent?” “Fox?” I did...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
- Rome – Day 5: Procession, Pontifical Mass at St Peter’s #SumPont2014
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation.
They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights.
One priest wrote with additional information.
Here’s the list:
Liturgical Press Ritual edition
Midwest … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Chiesa has in interesting piece about the activity of the Holy See.
Here is a little bit of what he offered.
VATICAN CITY, September 19, 2011 – “The activity of the Holy See” is a hefty volume that gives … Continue reading
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past.
The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion.
De-commissioning the Sacramentary
1. After the Prayer after Communion, the Priest … Continue reading
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading