Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- kittenchan said One of the best responses I ever heard to the idea...
- TNCath said As a regular visitor to the Diocese of Killaloe, I...
- Gaz said I agree with Father and don’t see that the D...
- Gaz said Our Bishop ordained 3 transitional Deacons today....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Cordelio, Note, among other passages, footnote 7,...
- murtheol said Fr. Z, I acknowledge that I might be out of my dep...
- CharlesG said Of course it’s just ridiculous that the bish...
- AvantiBev said Auguri a tutti napoletani !
- Cantor said I would like to give Bishop O’Reilly a sligh...
- MouseTemplar said Oh, that dear little boy. He looks so much like my...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Andrew, I only saw your comment after I sent my fi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I arrived at the comments with amenamen’s qu...
- Venerator Sti Lot said If St. Godric of Finchale was a pirate, as some ev...
- tmhester said As a graduate of the great Seton Hall University (...
- kpoterack said According to a CNA news report “sources clos...
- kpoterack said According to a CNA news report just released R...
- Athelstan said TWF, “In large, rural dioceses where one pri...
- Athelstan said Folks here seem to think that Kathleen McDonnell a...
- McCall1981 said Vatican sources deny that Pope is upset about Card...
- murtheol said Allen S. your comment is exactly what I am saying:...
- kpoterack said Check out the latest (Summer 2014) issue of Commun...
- Andrew said amenamen “Islamism” is a recently coined word, not...
- Cafea Fruor said Actually, the Bishop will never ordain any deacons...
- pattif said It sounds to me as if Cardinal Kasper knows he can...
- MariaKap said Arrrr. And don’t be fergettin yer pirate nam...
- AidWater said This is shocking but surprises me in the diocese,...
- Imrahil said Dear Unwilling, indeed, indeed. Or take the Moloch...
- Cordelio said This also prompted me to read the text of the lect...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Is this jihadism and “Islamism” inherent in Islam?...
- MasterofCeremonies said The Baofeng is my favorite HT. Great little radio....
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation.
They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights.
One priest wrote with additional information.
Here’s the list:
Liturgical Press Ritual edition
Midwest … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Chiesa has in interesting piece about the activity of the Holy See.
Here is a little bit of what he offered.
VATICAN CITY, September 19, 2011 – “The activity of the Holy See” is a hefty volume that gives … Continue reading
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past.
The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion.
De-commissioning the Sacramentary
1. After the Prayer after Communion, the Priest … Continue reading
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading