Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- HighMass said P.S. MOST of the Mass (Fathers Parts were Chanted)...
- HighMass said Michaelus says: Michaelus speaking of Portland, Or...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- Urs said BTW… These were UNDOCUMENTED immigrants̷...
- AVL said I had never heard of Tenebrae until now, so I look...
- Julian Barkin said “Msgr. Rudolph Bandas has been a peritus at...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said excalibur: You are welcome.
- AV8R61 said My wife is Romanian and she makes Easter eggs colo...
- amsjj1002 said What a beautiful day that was! I’ve known...
- UncleBlobb said Thank you very much for all these LentcaZts, Fathe...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said “And one more thing.”–Lt. Columb...
- excalibur said I found a great pastrami sandwich …. So that...
- Charles E Flynn said How Dante Saved My Life: A midlife crisis is cured...
- Bea said Ah, masked chicken, I know how you feel. Since all...
- Michaelus said I will never forget it. I was on vacation in Port...
- pannw said I wish we could all have a huge party so I could t...
- acardnal said I am so grateful to Pope Benedict XVI for what he...
- Maria said I often thank God how bless I am for having known...
- djc said After mass we have a baked Ham, Cheddar Cheese and...
- Denis Crnkovic said I (we) used to have traditions many decades ago, n...
- Tina in Ashburn said aww Father. Glad you got a moment of peace. The ar...
- Priam1184 said Still in New York Father? When are you off to Rom...
- Robbie said I remember that day so well. Although JPI and JPI...
- Supertradmum said iepuras, Congratulations and welcome aboard! Maske...
- Kathleen10 said I can only speak for me. I would feel absolutely...
- Gratias said Hopefully more bishops will imitate Bp. Sigismondi...
- Gratias said Happy Easter Holy Father Emeritus. We had your wis...
- Mike said “I hardly needed the plane to fly to my next...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Be at peace, Thomas S. I still remember with joy...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading
From the "Hoist On His Own Petard" file:
Here is something from the blog of Damian Thompson which I missed the other day… as I was traveling and my iPhone was on vacation.
It seems that the Rome correspondent of … Continue reading
Based on your response to PODCAzT 93 & 94, and my own desire to drill more deeply into the issue, we welcome back as our guest Pope Paul VI (+1978).
In PART I we explored Paul’s General Audience of 26 November … Continue reading
The April Newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship is out.
There is an interesting article about the new printing of the Missale Romanum. There are corrections of spelling, grammatical and typographical errors.
Holy See Issues Emended Missale Romanum, editio typica … Continue reading