"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- robtbrown said Supertradmum says: After Cardinal Kasper’s horrib...
- RobS said Glad you caught my meaning, jfk03, and I agree tha...
- cathgrl said Not to throw a wet blanket on things, but wasnR...
- Julian Barkin said Father what about this idea? Some camping equipmen...
- zag4christ said Last evening’s Mass was one to remember. The...
- VexillaRegis said I wouldn’t recommend hostpital sheets, the w...
- AnnTherese said pj_houston: I didn’t think you were talking...
- timfout said We heard a good sermon about the two saints from I...
- mysticalrose said Can somebody pinch me? Because I must be dreaming!
- Rich said THANKS. BE. TO. GOD.
- Henry Edwards said arickett: “Nice to know that TLM bishops ove...
- Grateful to be Catholic said One more thing: the Pope might not think that litu...
- Grateful to be Catholic said A few weeks ago Fr. Z tipped us about a conference...
- dans0622 said aricket: how, exactly, has Bishop Conley overstepp...
- dans0622 said jhayes: yes, that is what the GIRM 3rd edition say...
- sourdough said ““The Church has never judged homosexual per...
- Suburbanbanshee said amenamen – That’s clever and funny! Re...
- Supertradmum said The Canon of St. Augustine said that we must daily...
- Supertradmum said Well, the most vulnerable of our society are overl...
- Supertradmum said After Cardinal Kasper’s horribly prejudiced,...
- Grumpy Beggar said Joe in Canada says: 23 November 2014 at 10:04 pm...
- amenamen said So, they wanted a female cardinal? And Sarah laugh...
- Suzanne Carl said Father Cook gave a deeply moving sermon on the nee...
- Mike said Also, it bears rejoicing that, in his exegesis on...
- johnson2380 said Christ the King Sunday was established during the...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said 1) False prophets are everywhere: don’t lis...
- AnnTherese said None of us hit the mark of being sheep all the tim...
- aviva meriam said Ok. Another Cardinal to place on my list to pray...
- aviva meriam said That budget is NOT inconsequential. Wonder how lon...
- eymard said Our young Fillipino priest began by asking the ori...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation.
They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights.
One priest wrote with additional information.
Here’s the list:
Liturgical Press Ritual edition
Midwest … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Chiesa has in interesting piece about the activity of the Holy See.
Here is a little bit of what he offered.
VATICAN CITY, September 19, 2011 – “The activity of the Holy See” is a hefty volume that gives … Continue reading
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past.
The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion.
De-commissioning the Sacramentary
1. After the Prayer after Communion, the Priest … Continue reading
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading