Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- MaryAgnesLamb said Just saw this, Father, so prayers commencing now!
- JNVA said Thank you, Father!
- Dave N. said What’s “left to fix” are the bis...
- JoyfulMom7 said Sub tuum praesidium confugimus, Sancta Dei Genetri...
- Cantor said Forgive my bluntness, but Mr. Donahue’s cont...
- Bea said Prayers for you . Take care of yourself, Father. C...
- jflare said jhayes, Whether the USCCB-approved report admit to...
- Vecchio di Londra said The Download link usually works reliably on Google...
- pj_houston said You know the pornographication of our culture is...
- Luvadoxi said Praying Father! What Patrick-K said. Rest as muc...
- Elizium23 said I believe in the tenets of our Church. It’s...
- Minnesotan from Florida said This has been a most enlightening thread, although...
- Scott W. said Well let’s see. –Buffalo got Bp. Malo...
- Vecchio di Londra said Get Well Soon, Father. Psalm 29 said just now for...
- VARoman said I am also blessed to be in the Diocese of Arlingto...
- RJ Sciurus said Ironically, one of Bishop Finn’s first initi...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “I wonder if the omission of t...
- Hans said It’s lovely. Then again, it’s not too...
- Art said Done!
- Elizium23 said Hey guys, can’t the EF be offered at a frees...
- MaryW said Memorares offered for your speedy recovery, Father...
- robtbrown said jflare says: Um, frjim, what do you mean by “reser...
- Siculum said @New Sister: That so? Bishop Loverde confirmed me...
- iudicame said APX, “Fasting is pointless if by doing so it...
- Monica said Good to hear that Bishop Loverde will include this...
- Makemeaspark said Thank you father, worked pretty good, stopped twic...
- New Sister said @ acardnal – I am sorry you had to move away...
- New Sister said Abp Loverde gives the same homily at each Confirma...
- NoTambourines said A few years ago, financial necessity caused me to...
- SKAY said Thank you Father. You are in my prayers as always.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading
From the "Hoist On His Own Petard" file:
Here is something from the blog of Damian Thompson which I missed the other day… as I was traveling and my iPhone was on vacation.
It seems that the Rome correspondent of … Continue reading
Based on your response to PODCAzT 93 & 94, and my own desire to drill more deeply into the issue, we welcome back as our guest Pope Paul VI (+1978).
In PART I we explored Paul’s General Audience of 26 November … Continue reading
The April Newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship is out.
There is an interesting article about the new printing of the Missale Romanum. There are corrections of spelling, grammatical and typographical errors.
Holy See Issues Emended Missale Romanum, editio typica … Continue reading