Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Giuseppe said I went to a church for a few years where the high...
- JesusFreak84 said I usually attend an Eastern Rite parish, and bowin...
- Traductora said Getting back to the substance of Fr Fessio’s...
- Gerard Plourde said Like Nicholas, I find that in the past year my kne...
- Magash said At the parish where I am a catechist things are tr...
- Hans said Thanks for the link, Venerator Sti Lot.
- The Masked Chicken said “Oh, BTW, Huckleberry Finn was a character,...
- juergensen said A chip off the old block. The old man was a daily...
- Boniface said Fr Augustine Thompson: brilliant comment as always...
- Nicolas Bellord said When the sacrament is exposed a double genuflectio...
- Imrahil said Dear Rob22, the Holy Spirit does a great job in pr...
- Midwest St. Michael said Wow! Good for Mr. and Mrs. Lombardi. :^) This sto...
- jaykay said “The trivialization of liturgical worship, c...
- frjim4321 said “What, precisely, is the widespread damage y...
- iamlucky13 said When my schedule leads me to attend the nearest ch...
- jacobi said Apologies, apologies. Have posted on the wrong sec...
- jacobi said We have to be careful about dismissing all Jesuits...
- Sliwka said Regarding the knee jerk and the head bob, the same...
- jacobi said We have to be careful about dismissing all Jesuits...
- Jerry said re: frjim4321 – “the widespread damage...
- St. Rafael said So let me get this straight. The archbishops are g...
- bposullivan said Apparently Bergoglio thought the pallium ceremony...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Actually, as Father Z knows (I am not correcting h...
- Kate said When I enter a church that I am unfamiliar with an...
- HighMass said Jim in Seattle says: The Israelites were 40 years...
- Jim in Seattle said The Israelites were 40 years in the desert. It is...
- Bthompson said Maybe this has been mentioned, but… The rite...
- Papabile said I always used to bow toward the altar and genuflec...
- Andrew Saucci said After examination, my reaction to this is simply t...
- jameeka said 1) I love the manner of the Consecration in the fi...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation.
They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights.
One priest wrote with additional information.
Here’s the list:
Liturgical Press Ritual edition
Midwest … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Chiesa has in interesting piece about the activity of the Holy See.
Here is a little bit of what he offered.
VATICAN CITY, September 19, 2011 – “The activity of the Holy See” is a hefty volume that gives … Continue reading
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past.
The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion.
De-commissioning the Sacramentary
1. After the Prayer after Communion, the Priest … Continue reading
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading