Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- sirlouis said I voted to “abolish” them, but that...
- Tamquam said Having grown up in Mexico when the EF was the OF,...
- Giuseppe said Since last Lent, I’ve started carrying an ol...
- Michelle F said I never pray the Luminous Mysteries, and I would l...
- Raymond said @Emilio: You are spot on regarding Spanish-languag...
- CarpeNoctem said I typically do not pray the Luminous Mysteries, bu...
- Doug said I really like the Luminous Mysteries. I especiall...
- greg3064 said I am young, so I have always known the LM as much...
- Tina in Ashburn said I say the Rosary alone and sometimes with others....
- stephen c said Lots of great comments here! I usually do not thin...
- NancyP said I have been praying for the Foley and Sotloff fami...
- marcelus said So silly. Say someone pulls a gay rainbow flag at...
- St. Epaphras said I too recently bought this Missal, love it, and se...
- Absit invidia said That’s TWO Americans now. Unarmed, defensel...
- Emilio said “They must still endure the worst music, the...
- Elizium23 said Yes! A thousand times yes! My coworker is Latino a...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Amen. Prayers said for his family, and for his sou...
- slainewe said Tried them in respect for Saint John Paul and like...
- aviva meriam said Amen.
- tgarcia2 said @HighMass, those comments are what prevents us fro...
- APX said Wiktor, Our Holy Mother the Church, has given us a...
- Aspie said Coexist? And yet the Second Vatican Council’...
- iamlucky13 said I don’t have strong feelings one way or the...
- seattle_cdn said I’ve always seen it as JP2 proposing them an...
- Rachel K said Bea says: Our Lady gave us 15 mysteries Bea, that...
- RAve said Dear Father, I think you and your readers will enj...
- Bea said Voted: Never use/abolish/say alone (doesn’t...
- Rachel K said St. Rafael says: This article pretty much sums up...
- Lin said When the administration refers to the Islamic Stat...
- Bea said Our Parish bookstore ordered 3. We already sold 2....
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Prayers for the Sotloffs and for all of us
- ¿Hablas español? NEW SPANISH/LATIN TLM Hand Missal! And Fr. Z rants.
- POLL: The Luminous Mysteries – For them or against them?
- More Boko Haram Terror in Nigeria against Christians
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- FOLLOW UP: Soccer Match for Peace – COEXIST sighting
- “to become highly educated, travel the world … without being beholden to a husband or children”
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation.
They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights.
One priest wrote with additional information.
Here’s the list:
Liturgical Press Ritual edition
Midwest … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Chiesa has in interesting piece about the activity of the Holy See.
Here is a little bit of what he offered.
VATICAN CITY, September 19, 2011 – “The activity of the Holy See” is a hefty volume that gives … Continue reading
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past.
The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion.
De-commissioning the Sacramentary
1. After the Prayer after Communion, the Priest … Continue reading
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading