Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Genna said Congregations at my parish still divided into fami...
- Chon said Mass attendance seems about the same here. I haven...
- jacobi said What Francis has done is to make ordinary orthodox...
- Bea said There are 2 parishes in our town. Ours (the more t...
- Traductora said While the Eucharistic Minister types and other suc...
- nola catholic said Is this Fr. Paul Mankowski, S.J. the same as wrote...
- JMody said First, we have a parish that seems to fill the bui...
- zag4christ said I want to apologize for the what I have come to se...
- Thorfinn said The biggest change seems to be not among Catholics...
- disco said I actually have noticed an increase in attendance...
- J_Cathelineau said In my parish the age average is increasing and the...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said It turned out to be very hard to do what I thought...
- Mojoron said Reincarnate JPII or bring back BXVI. I’m sca...
- jfk03 said No “Francis effect” based on my limite...
- mysticalrose said I have witnessed no Francis effect. The primary re...
- HeatherPA said I second the notion that the only gushing praise I...
- djc said I actually think Catholics are more united which i...
- Fr. W said The priests I know in the Chicago area have expres...
- Dominicanes said My father, an Italian who rarely went to Mass but...
- OrthodoxChick said I live in the same general area as Kathleen10, whi...
- Mike said On the surface, not much has changed in my parish...
- cregduff said I feel compelled to say something about this post....
- FrG said I voted three hours. Can we have a three hour fast...
- APX said I think getting rid of EMHCs, CITH and bringing ba...
- jhayes said The Pew report is HERE...
- Priam1184 said If there is any change in Mass attendance it is in...
- JesusFreak84 said My area is unchanged since the Pontificate of JPII...
- BenFischer said I’m in Dallas. I have noticed much differen...
- jhayes said Here are some other comments from Pew: Increased e...
- sunnyside said I have seen a definitive increase in mass attendan...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation.
They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights.
One priest wrote with additional information.
Here’s the list:
Liturgical Press Ritual edition
Midwest … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Chiesa has in interesting piece about the activity of the Holy See.
Here is a little bit of what he offered.
VATICAN CITY, September 19, 2011 – “The activity of the Holy See” is a hefty volume that gives … Continue reading
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past.
The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion.
De-commissioning the Sacramentary
1. After the Prayer after Communion, the Priest … Continue reading
I just finished writing a column for The Wanderer. In this week’s burnt offering I was looking at the intercessions made after the consecration during the 3rd Eucharistic Prayer. Here is something of what I wrote:
There is one mediator between … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading