You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
- Muv said Is the pretty half of a Deaconite couple a Deacone...
- robtbrown said spencer says: As a permanent deacon (and I really...
- Andrew said Pater Z: Nesciebam “ordiri” textrinae esse propriu...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Sounds very much like the motherbo...
- frjim4321 said I’ve seen the “Deacon Couple” a...
- frjim4321 said Can you get on line with that machine? If so, if y...
- Giuseppe said @Venerator Sti Lot – This is the easiest lin...
- Cathy said I worked as a temp at one time putting computers t...
- yatzer said My Jewish friends in college referred to the rabbi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What of attention to Latin Psalms, as existing pra...
- Giuseppe said Just as a priest’s wife (those rare priests...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, The year we were workng mostly on Cicero...
- spencer said As a permanent deacon (and I really tire of using...
- ronconte said In the early Church, a deaconess was not necessari...
- JabbaPapa said The word “deaconess” has sometimes bee...
- Speravi said I love the “deacon is a deacon is a deacon...
- ReginaMarie said Diakonissa is a Greek title of honor used to refer...
- robtbrown said billy says: The problem with having all meatless d...
- OrthodoxChick said This is a timely post. I have a dead mothership l...
- jbas said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes; it’s probably of...
- jbas said I don’t see how the term itself is offensive...
- VexillaRegis said The more languages you know, the richer you are!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Two quick questions: Wasn’t St. Francis of A...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Missale Romanum
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question regarding this document in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
In Conferentiarum Episcopalium, which was issued by the sacred Congregation of Divine Worship on October 28th, 1974, the use of the
1962 edition … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Fr. Z, I’ve decided to take the plunge and use my Christmas money to
buy a 1962 Missale Romanum for the altar, so I can get up to speed on the EF in the next year. Any thoughts … Continue reading
This is confirmation of what we already know.
From a friend:
…..1962 Missale Romanum!!! (and Latin breviaries are not far behind..)
The AD should play a gingle like “Tradition, works every time it’s tried” or “Catholic identity, 20 centuries of guaranteed success” … Continue reading
From the "Hoist On His Own Petard" file:
Here is something from the blog of Damian Thompson which I missed the other day… as I was traveling and my iPhone was on vacation.
It seems that the Rome correspondent of … Continue reading
Based on your response to PODCAzT 93 & 94, and my own desire to drill more deeply into the issue, we welcome back as our guest Pope Paul VI (+1978).
In PART I we explored Paul’s General Audience of 26 November … Continue reading
The April Newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship is out.
There is an interesting article about the new printing of the Missale Romanum. There are corrections of spelling, grammatical and typographical errors.
Holy See Issues Emended Missale Romanum, editio typica … Continue reading