- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- midwestmom said Thank you, Father. Great voice; you could do voice...
- Joe in Canada said I do believe that the United States is the world...
- robtbrown said Hans, A bit about priests with secular professions...
- robtbrown said Hans, I forgot to answer #4. The requirements fo...
- Cafea Fruor said Maybe I’m a masculine woman, but I sure as h...
- SKAY said Unfortunately I think the fines keep going up.
- robtbrown said Uxixu says: @robtbrown. I would suggest those perc...
- robtbrown said Hans, 1. I am not arguing that I have the authori...
- Pater Raphael said Good Morning all! Have just seen your post and I w...
- smittyjr63 said PAY THE FINE PEOPLE! And save your money incase yo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I should have added that Orby Shipley’s ‘Car...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! I have not reread this in ages! I note...
- Elizabeth D said I appreciate fib09002, especially the comment at 6...
- Elizabeth D said Jack in KC feels that my “idea that we shoul...
- MarkJ said I am dreading the day when someone decides to cele...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. Pretty much every permanent deacon in the paris...
- Imrahil said Dear @TomD, one thing at any rate I am fairly conv...
- Imrahil said Dear @fib09002, I don’t think the dear @TomD...
- Suburbanbanshee said And no, I’m not talking about the “gay...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the leaders of linguistic change in the...
- What Is a Carol? - BigPulpit.com said [...] Pentin, The Daily Reg ACLU Lawsuit Targets U...
- Uxixu said @robtbrown. I would suggest those perceptions tha...
- Lin said If the USCCB, priests, and religious would stick t...
- Fr. Bryan said I suppose that the acceptance of the cassock varie...
- teejay329 said iowapapist…. with sincere gratitude….I...
- ASPM Sem said @Patti Day Whenever I visit my parish I wear my ca...
- fib09002 said TomD: You wrote: “Freedom is Man’s natural s...
- fib09002 said penitentman80: It seems that you believe that an h...
- C N said The people I’ve talked to who looked into a...
- Hans said robtbrown rote: IMHO, the problem could have bee...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: National Catholic Reporter
A massive storm has devastated the Philippines. Thousands are dead. Some 10,000 are dead. Who knows how many are injured and displaced.
I will say Mass for the dead from the storm tomorrow, Monday. I am sure you will join your … Continue reading
The inimitable Sr. Maureen Fiedler has taken it upon her broad shoulder to be spokesone for the LCWR.
We know that a past mentor of the LCWR is annoyed that Archbp. Sartain (appointed by the CDF to keep his eyes on … Continue reading
We are still a bare few days into the pontificate of Pope Francis. I have therefore declined to gush out lots of entries here, burbling my every half-formed notion about what is going to happen. I have also avoided surfing … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter, editor Tom Fox had a grand-nutty.
This time, however, I offer black and red treatment by none other than Prof. Ed Peters (who has no open combox – be sure to visit him and boost his … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap, the National Schismatic Reporter (the paper of record for heretics which has hijacked the name “Catholic”), failed-priest Eugene Cullen Kennedy wrote a thought – not a very good thought – about the Irish heretic Fr. Flannery, … Continue reading
“Finn was too kind to them.”
That is Prof. Ed Peters, canonist over at his fine blog, In The Light Of The Law.
Peters has written about the Bp. Robert Finn’s column about the National catholic Fishwrap… Reporter. Bp. Finn, bishop of … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) conspired with others who are openly hostile to the Catholic Church to intimidate His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn into silence.
The fact is, the NCR is not a “Catholic” paper or news source. That … Continue reading
National ‘c’atholic Reporter says Popes Paul VI, John Paul II, Benedict XVI sinned against the Holy Spirit
The standards at the National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) are devolving by the week.
This last week they accused Paul VI, John Paul II and Benedict XVI of sinning against the Holy Spirit.
Ron Schmit – no, you have never heard of … Continue reading
If Christmas or Easter are on the horizon, we can be sure that Hell’s Bible (and the Fishwrap) will find someone in the Church to bash. Right now, that would be Bishop Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. … Continue reading