Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Michelle said Our Mass attendance has increased, but it has been...
- The Motley Monk said A fine Monte Cristo Churchill with a Connecticut w...
- PhilipNeri said This may open a fragrant can of worms. . .Frankinc...
- Henry Edwards said What’s to be gained by reception of Holy Com...
- Lisa Graas said Excellent post, Father. It all sounds right to me...
- jaykay said “… ma talvolta sono visti dagli altri “con u...
- Thorfinn said The Chicago press has floated Abp. Wilton Gregory...
- SPWang said Opps *worth more focus
- SPWang said It can’t be! Is that the one and only Tony P...
- jacobi said Personally, in such a situation, I think I would b...
- Imrahil said He even said ” I can keep you here all day if I wa...
- Josemaria said Venerator, Thank you!
- robtbrown said I agree with FrJim4321 that Chaput will not go to...
- Joe in Canada said Phil_NL: don’t worry about anything Prof. S...
- LeeF said As a long time supporter of Food for the Poor, and...
- Imrahil said Dear robtbrown, certainly! Must be a language issu...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: Francis? I don’t understand...
- Dutchman said Ok,so what do you do if the offender is the pastor...
- Scott W. said While out of town we attended a Redemptorist ____....
- benedetta said So…back to contemplating Cardinal Burke home...
- benedetta said People here frequently disagree with one another a...
- Gaz said Kyrie is right. I believe it’s the only alta...
- Martlet said Yes please, people. Do support the military archd...
- Gaz said BYO Deacons?
- StWinefride said Ste Thérèse de Lisieux, please pray for Fr Jim and...
- Lori Pieper said “speaking truth to power does not make a wom...
- Lori Pieper said I really love Fr. Barron, but I don’t know i...
- Good deeds for the FFI | P R A Y 4 T H E F R I A R S said [...] ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Ar...
- Rhyming With “Cretino” | Mundabor's Blog said [...] More and more worried with out-Francising Fr...
- Hank Igitur said That altar cannot be moved without a crane, solid...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: National Catholic Reporter
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) tested new depths of tacky today. They published, on the 20th anniversary of St. John Paul II’s Apostolic Letter Ordinatio sacerdotalis, a piece by the excommunicated “lady tambourine ‘priest‘“ (perhaps you recall the Bob Dylan parody … Continue reading
I did a double-take when I saw at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) the title of their most recent editorial. I am not making this up:
Climate change is church’s No. 1 pro-life issue
Is there a face-palm icon?
If there is a certain … Continue reading
Now that John L. Allen, Jr. is going to leave the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap), there is going to be a big hole to fill there. Nature… vacuum… get it?
Without JAL to keep them on the edge of … Continue reading
A massive storm has devastated the Philippines. Thousands are dead. Some 10,000 are dead. Who knows how many are injured and displaced.
I will say Mass for the dead from the storm tomorrow, Monday. I am sure you will join your … Continue reading
The inimitable Sr. Maureen Fiedler has taken it upon her broad shoulder to be spokesone for the LCWR.
We know that a past mentor of the LCWR is annoyed that Archbp. Sartain (appointed by the CDF to keep his eyes on … Continue reading
We are still a bare few days into the pontificate of Pope Francis. I have therefore declined to gush out lots of entries here, burbling my every half-formed notion about what is going to happen. I have also avoided surfing … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter, editor Tom Fox had a grand-nutty.
This time, however, I offer black and red treatment by none other than Prof. Ed Peters (who has no open combox – be sure to visit him and boost his … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap, the National Schismatic Reporter (the paper of record for heretics which has hijacked the name “Catholic”), failed-priest Eugene Cullen Kennedy wrote a thought – not a very good thought – about the Irish heretic Fr. Flannery, … Continue reading