Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- HvonBlumenthal: Yes, I believe at least once a year. Its to ensure recognitio n by the priest that both masses are equally valid forms of the same rite and he this accepts the hermeneuti c of...
- Imrahil: FSSP priests are obliged to say the new Mass occasional ly Just briefly: Are they?
- HvonBlumenthal: Roma247 and others: You are probably aware that SSPX has within its ranks more than one school of thought. It was the Vatican that declared the fraternity ‘s situation to be irreg...
- Gab: Very good sermon from Father (aged 27, but with knowledge far exceeding his age) at the TLM. Basic outtake of the message – Some people question why the emphasis on going through Our...
- OssaSola: Thank you, we just ran outside in our PJ’s and saw the eclipse in the clear Texas sky; we would have missed it otherwise. Godspeed your Mission in Tokyo!
- rtrainque: With myself as the lone server and one of our regular schola members performing his duties solo as well, we managed to still have a Missa Cantata (sans incense) here in Burling...
- Rob83: The sermon was abbreviate d due to the weather, understand able given conditions . So it was a brief lesson on canon law about such things with a request to pray and attend the pro-l...
- roma247: @Ann Malley Achilles was a very great warrior 211;unstop pable, in fact, but for his heel. We are all human and we all have weaknesses . My only point was to show that the devil makes...
- JMody: As for sermon notes, Msgr Al made similar points about the host’ ;s dilemma, and how the Blessed Mother gave the instructio n that is always appropriat e –> ; Do whatever He...
- JesusFreak84: Unfortunat ely, there̵ 7;s not a ton of overlap of devout, traditiona l Catholic men and people who learn Japanese =-\ (Japanese is HARD, even though there̵ 7;s far more...
- FromVicBC: My understand ing is the largest groups of practicing Catholics live in South America and Africa. Is there a reason the church isn’ t encouragin g young men from South America and...
- Hidden One: There used to be a priest of the Society who commented here on occasion. Perhaps he might have something to say, at least to the comments above.
- Hidden One: Magdalena, I believe that you are incorrect. With the suppressio n of Ecclesia Dei, its staff and budget become fully integrated with the CDF. In other words, the same people will field...
- Sword40: I was in Tokyo in August 1964. I was in the Marines and got a 96 hour pass to visit there from Iwakuni (southern Honshu) . Had a great time at the Olympic that summer. And, yes, Kamak...
- Ann Malley: @Pius Admirabili s With all due respect, to say that, “The SSPX has no reason to stay in their canonical status, 221; without being in the know about details is presumptio n....
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I wear a sterling silver scapular medal on a sterling silver chain. I went sterling silver because my skin degrades cheap metals. And I went medal because I went through too...
- Ann Malley: @roma247 “You point out the dragon’s underbelly that exists hidden within the SSPX, and the reason why so many of us revere what they are trying to do, and yet simultaneo usly...
- JesusFreak84: I’d love to go to Japan one of these days, but I won’ t get on a plane as long as TSA exists =-\
- acardnal: anthtan, you beat me to the finish!
- Pius Admirabilis: @Fr Jackson & roma247 Those are my thoughts exactly. The SSPX has no reason to stay in their canonical status. Maybe, and I don’ t want to begin a discussion , their...
- MrsMacD: I had to look up Dan Shutte. He’s a sodomite ex priest. And we wonder why this music fails to inspire. Planned. They planned this. Grrrr.
- MrsMacD: “By a decree of May 8th 1925 [Pope Pius XI] approved what is known as the “pro tected scapular.& #8221; Instead of just two pieces of brown cloth joined by string or cord, one...
- roma247: @Fr. Jackson—th ank you for your insightful comment. You point out the dragon’s underbelly that exists hidden within the SSPX, and the reason why so many of us revere what they are trying...
- surritter: HvonBlumen thal — you forgot to write #8: “Thu s Jesus will have failed in His promise that the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church. 221; (because the...
- MrsMacD: Masked Chicken, I’m wearing a Rose Scapular! My family (Father, Mother, sisters, brothers, nieces nephews, husband, kids) and friends all wear them. They’ ;re famous for being...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Super-Wolf-Blood Moon!
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Epiphany – liturgical unicorn
- Francis suppressed the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”. Fr. Z remarks.
- ASK FATHER: Do I have to sing at Mass?
- Scandalous parish in @ArchdioceseSPM – public celebration of homosexuality, IVR and surrogacy
- My View For Awhile: Westward
- ASK FATHER: Finding good sponsors for confirmation
- ASK FATHER: Where can I get good Brown Scapulars?
- ASK FATHER: Friday penance on flight across International Date Line
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: National Catholic Reporter
At Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) Madame Defarge (aka Michael Sean Winters – Tricoteuse of the New catholic Red Guard – aka Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left) has produced another masterpiece of irony. Madame, who wants to watch his opponents guillotined … Continue reading
Spotted on Twitter: Soooo… Fr. Z is an RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. Ivereigh used to be the editor of a magazine. He has clearly allowed his reading skills to get rusty. Oh, right. He was editor of The Bitter … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is a hypocritical, mendacious piece which I bring to your attention. Peter Feuerhard wrote about the eeeeevils of “restorationism”. This “-ism”, involves “bringing traditionalist approaches to liturgy and governance of parish life”. Imagine such an … Continue reading
I am sure that by now you have heard about how the anti-Catholic Clinton campaign’s anti-Catholic manager John Podesta helped foment dissent in the Church and revolt by establishing anti-Catholic, catholic organizations. HERE Undermine the Church as a moral force, push … Continue reading
First, here is a link to something that I posted some time ago: HERE Once again the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is stumping in favor of the ordination of women to the priesthood. This is what the Fishwrap does: they dissent from the Church’s … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
I wonder if most of the writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) – deep down – hate the Church. That’s a horrible thought, but how else can one explain this sort of thing? An article about how evil the … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is once again stumping for one of its favorite topics. No, not sodomitic marriage this time. Women’s ordination. Imagine the amazing insights Sr. Maureen Fiedler can offer. HERE Note the energy and fervor edition Fishwrap publisher Tom … Continue reading
From The Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter)… The Church should work with Big Business Abortion – Planned Parenthood. To them, I’m sure, this is reasonable. Sample: The Catholic church should partner with Planned Parenthood to reduce abortions After 40 years … Continue reading
I had a thought about what Card. Burke said. In his interview with a French TV station, His Eminence said, in answer to a question about the possibility that the Pope might persist (quite an assumption) in driving forward Communion … Continue reading
Last night I watched the BBC (on demand) coverage of the Remembrance Sunday ceremonies in London. No one does ceremony and music like the British. The sober ceremony, with its essentially unchanging script, got me thinking about the need we … Continue reading
At Badger Catholic I saw something that helps to explain Burke Derangement Syndrome, or BDS. You surely have seen dramatic, fainting couch worthy, episodes of BDS over at NSR (National Schismatic Reporter… to use just one possible “s” word, aka … Continue reading
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) tested new depths of tacky today. They published, on the 20th anniversary of St. John Paul II’s Apostolic Letter Ordinatio sacerdotalis, a piece by the excommunicated “lady tambourine ‘priest‘” (perhaps you recall the Bob Dylan parody … Continue reading
I did a double-take when I saw at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) the title of their most recent editorial. I am not making this up: Climate change is church’s No. 1 pro-life issue Is there a face-palm icon? […] If … Continue reading