HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- CaliCatholicGuy: OF mass at 1700 today – “youth” mass with a worship band of baby boomers mostly, and a congregati on of 3/4ths boomers or older. Father spoke of the need to be balance...
- Kennedy: It’s lovely to read Maureen M’s comment about a priest from Nairobi, while I was at Mass in Nairobi and an Italian missionary , for whom I have great affection and admiration ,...
- DJAR: Our parish priest gave an excellent sermon on the mystery of Repentance . He specifical ly mentioned that, if so many people are receiving Holy Communion regularly, they should also be...
- Maureen M: We had a priest from Nairobi today giving a missionary appeal. He began his homily by asking all of us why we come to Mass each week. After touching on many different reasons people...
- TRW: Ordinary Form. Diocesan Mass. Reading about Martha and Mary. Father spoke about the need to find time for silence/ prayer/con templation . Basically explained that it wasn’ ;t an option.
- Discerning Altar Boy: In a world so focused on talking and sending output, we need to learn to listen. Like Mary, we should take time in the quiet moments to listen to the voice of the Lord.
- Mike: If they weren’t suppressed , John Carroll would not have come back to Maryland colonies and in 1789 founded Georgetown University . Oh, wait.
- Gab: TonyO, you’ re quite right. They will start with diaconate ordination s and then, of course, having accomplish ed that would push it further until female “pri ests” ; seem the...
- tzabiega: In Poland, there is a conference being planned on bioethics that is completely orthodox and is being organized by…t he Polish Jesuit Province, who in Poland are one of the leading...
- Uxixu: … celebrate the TLM and Latin 1962 Divine Office *Exclusive ly*
- Uxixu: While the initial suppressio n appears to be unjust, I do fear their structure has problems inherent to it if the leadership should become corrupted (as it undoubtedl y is). That said, would...
- TonyO: Whatever doubt there is legitimate ly with regard to the reason the Jesuits were suppressed in 1773, there can be no doubt that they have deserved suppressio n, lo for 4 decades and more in...
- Fuerza: Today̵ 7;s homily was a little unusual for me. I attended Mass at our diocesan cathedral, where I don’ t typically go. The homily was literally three sentences, and because of the...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee: Yep, those Rent-A-Mob s do exist. Supporters of these mobs have set up “wed ding registries ” on the Amazon dot com to provide support.
- iPadre: EF: Pentecost Season is time to strengthen and protect the gift of our Baptism. We were bound to hell, but God in His loving mercy swooped down like a mother bird to return us to the nest...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for this WDTPRS Fr. Z. Tooksam: Good point. Fr. Jim B: Well said Father, the lack of material and support from superiors does happen sometimes. Another problem is the venom...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. For those people it’s very personal- it’s all About Wonderful Me. According to news reports (even from Lib media) some have sought profession al...
- Gregg the Obscure: Father mentioned that some people have complained to him that Mass is boring. This has been a recurring theme in recent months, so i’m guessing he’s heard it a few...
- adriennep: This reminds me of The Lord of the World end-times novel by Robert Hugh Benson in which the last Pope has every remaining persecuted Catholic speak Latin. It acts as code language. So...
- Patrick71: Father used the seven loaves in the Gospel to teach about the seven sacraments and their role in our lives.
- Lurker 59: @Amerikane r The answer is complex and will vary according to the historian. It is largely seen as a political issue with the Society growing too powerful and influentia l for the tastes...
- TonyO: [The exaltation of sterile sexual selfish self-grati fication. She’s the Synod’s perfect young spokesdupe .] I have to ask this, Fr. Z: are you sure the term is “spo kesdupe 221;? I...
- bobbird: It was my understand ing as well that the Suppressio n of the Jesuits was inspired by Masons. The Jesuits had brought back untold numbers of Protestant s and spread the Faith into the New...
- Fr. Jim B: Speaking of taking good things away. The more I offer TLM, use the Parish Ritual, and read books such as Fr. Ripperger& #8217;s prayers of minor exorcisms/ deliveranc e, the more I...
- Amerikaner: What did the Jesuits do in the 1700’ ;s that caused the suppressio n?
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: National Catholic Reporter
At Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) Madame Defarge (aka Michael Sean Winters – Tricoteuse of the New catholic Red Guard – aka Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left) has produced another masterpiece of irony. Madame, who wants to watch his opponents guillotined … Continue reading
Spotted on Twitter: Soooo… Fr. Z is an RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. Ivereigh used to be the editor of a magazine. He has clearly allowed his reading skills to get rusty. Oh, right. He was editor of The Bitter … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is a hypocritical, mendacious piece which I bring to your attention. Peter Feuerhard wrote about the eeeeevils of “restorationism”. This “-ism”, involves “bringing traditionalist approaches to liturgy and governance of parish life”. Imagine such an … Continue reading
I am sure that by now you have heard about how the anti-Catholic Clinton campaign’s anti-Catholic manager John Podesta helped foment dissent in the Church and revolt by establishing anti-Catholic, catholic organizations. HERE Undermine the Church as a moral force, push … Continue reading
First, here is a link to something that I posted some time ago: HERE Once again the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is stumping in favor of the ordination of women to the priesthood. This is what the Fishwrap does: they dissent from the Church’s … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
I wonder if most of the writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) – deep down – hate the Church. That’s a horrible thought, but how else can one explain this sort of thing? An article about how evil the … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is once again stumping for one of its favorite topics. No, not sodomitic marriage this time. Women’s ordination. Imagine the amazing insights Sr. Maureen Fiedler can offer. HERE Note the energy and fervor edition Fishwrap publisher Tom … Continue reading
From The Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter)… The Church should work with Big Business Abortion – Planned Parenthood. To them, I’m sure, this is reasonable. Sample: The Catholic church should partner with Planned Parenthood to reduce abortions After 40 years … Continue reading
I had a thought about what Card. Burke said. In his interview with a French TV station, His Eminence said, in answer to a question about the possibility that the Pope might persist (quite an assumption) in driving forward Communion … Continue reading
Last night I watched the BBC (on demand) coverage of the Remembrance Sunday ceremonies in London. No one does ceremony and music like the British. The sober ceremony, with its essentially unchanging script, got me thinking about the need we … Continue reading
At Badger Catholic I saw something that helps to explain Burke Derangement Syndrome, or BDS. You surely have seen dramatic, fainting couch worthy, episodes of BDS over at NSR (National Schismatic Reporter… to use just one possible “s” word, aka … Continue reading
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) tested new depths of tacky today. They published, on the 20th anniversary of St. John Paul II’s Apostolic Letter Ordinatio sacerdotalis, a piece by the excommunicated “lady tambourine ‘priest‘” (perhaps you recall the Bob Dylan parody … Continue reading
I did a double-take when I saw at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) the title of their most recent editorial. I am not making this up: Climate change is church’s No. 1 pro-life issue Is there a face-palm icon? […] If … Continue reading