SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 07 – Saturday 1st Week Advent: Dissipated souls
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 4
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 06 – Friday 1st Week of Advent: Pure of Heart
- An answer that left a newsie speechless!
- Daily Rome Shot 595, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 3
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 05 – Thursday 1st Week of Advent: Darling plant
- CRISIS: A Unified Theory of “Backwardism” – Go read it NOW.
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 2
- Swiss Bishop abolishes office of diocesan exorcist. What could go wrong?
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 04 – Wednesday 1st Week of Advent: Wanton women
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 1
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 03 – Tuesday 1st Week of Advent: “Choose life!”
- The Federalist’s reaction to the “Hell’s Bible” hit piece against TLM-going Catholics
- Daily Rome Shot 593, etc. video and a BOOK suggestion
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 02 – Monday 1st Week of Advent: “Wake up!”
- Daily Rome Shot 592, etc. with a recommendation or two
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 1st Sunday of Advent – 2022
- Send Fr. Z your snail-mail 2022 CHRISTMAS CARDS!
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 01 – 1st Sunday of Advent: “Memento mori”
- Daily Rome Shot 591, etc.
- DIEBUS SALTEM DOMINICIS – 1st Sunday of Advent: The Drills of a Militant Church
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 00 – Final Saturday before Advent: “Liturgy”
- Broken Wheels, Mystical Nuptials, Lunar Landscapes, and a Funny Nickname
- Daily Rome Shot 590, etc.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 27 November ’22 – 1st Sunday of Advent
- Daily Rome Shot 589, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 20 October 2010
Hmmmm New Macbook Air.
Cardinals are the Pope’s special Roman clergy. Historically they were the deacons and priests of diaconal and presbyteral “titles” (parishes) of Rome, while the cardinal bishops were bishops of little dioceses nearby. The College of Cardinals is still divided into … Read More
His Holiness of Our Lord Pope Benedict XVI has seen fit to name Archbishop Raymond Burke a Cardinal of Holy Church. The National Catholic Fishwrap is not very pleased. They won’t take the swipe directly. They use surrogates. Tom Roberts … Read More
From Spaceweather: SUNDIVING COMET: A newly-discovered comet is plunging toward the sun for a close encounter it probably will not survive. The comet is too deep in the sun’s glare for human eyes to pick out, but it is showing … Read More
Holy Church had some good news today. Do you have good news of your own? My good news includes the replacement of the Sabine electrical box, which was so eccentric that it was going to burst into flame at any … Read More
With a biretta tip to CatholicVote this is from Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute. Find the original on The Detroit News. Tea party must define ideas Father Robert Sirico If the recent analysis by the New York Times on … Read More
Here is a snap shot of some of the places readers are coming from over the last few minutes. These are in some cases approximations. I also cut out vague references such as “United States”. Lake Mary, Florida Rootstown, Ohio … Read More
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this interested piece to which I add my usual E&C. The Catholic group in the Church of England’s General Synod has called for traditionalists to stay, claiming that they have … Read More
Anyone want to buy a black 32GB ATT iPhone 3GS with Apple Care still on it (until September 27, 2011)? It is in great condition. I have two cases for it, one dark blue, the other Say The Black and … Read More
Archbp. Burke released a statement on having been named Cardinal. From St. Louis Review: Statement by Cardinal-designate Raymond L. Burke on the announcement of the consistory for the creation of Cardinals. I am deeply humbled and honored by the announcement … Read More
What are your plans for the big feast day on Friday? Friday 22 October is the feast of Sts. Nunilo and Alodia were a pair of 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father … Read More
From a seminarian: A brother seminarian and I recently attended one night of a parish mission of sorts led by a renowned Catholic musician. In one tangent mentioning the newly corrected translation of the Missal, he stated how the Mass … Read More