Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Tara Tremuit: I admit when I saw the fire fern bowls and barbeque pit out front of St. Peter̵ 7;s I got my hopes up that we was gonna see some Pachaburni n.’ Instead, we had a climapo...
- SPWang: They have lost the faith. The churches will take a long time to clean but at least they will be ours.
- Mr. Green: Our physical posture reflects our inner dispositio n (or should), so it is certainly possible to kneel in front of a statue or a TV, as long as one is aware of the person to whom one’s...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Masses have been televised for years and years. Mother Angelica started televising Masses from her monastery decades ago (and got into trouble over it because they were ad...
- depeccatoradvitam: N0RPT I do not see the listings in EchoLink Working on DMR #ArchSTL #ExtraHam
- OrangeBlossom: Creams my corn! With churches closed and locked and hearing of prisoners being released brings to mind the crowd, “We want Barabbas!! !”
- chantgirl: Dear God, have mercy, and protect us from the hirelings, the wolves, the pandemic, and our own sins!
- surritter: I just got an email from our diocese about their live-strea med Masses (Ordinary Form). One of their suggestion s (to the celebrant, I presume): “Dur ing the sign of peace, ask...
- Liturgy Lover: This post sums up so accurately how I’ve been feeling the last week. Our diocese suspended all confession s as well, and has pretty much been sticking their fingers in their ears and...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. I’ll probably go this year! That’s how enjoyable it was. I’ve marked my calendar.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2020: 31 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: Reward for an act of charity.
- Wherein a seriously annoyed Fr. Z rants – UPDATED
- ACTION ITEM! BISHOPS and PRIESTS – Exorcise and bless!
- Startling visuals from special “Urbi et Orbi” ceremony in Rome against the pandemic
- 27 March – Votive Mass “for the sick” – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: “The nature of our pride”
- 1st Space Force mission is a go
- LENTCAzT 2020: 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: “I command you, get up!”
- Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
- Fakebook blocking or deleting live-streamed Catholic Masses
- ROME: Famous 1522 Plague Procession Crucifix moved to St. Peter’s
- ASK FATHER: How to contact priests to serve their private Traditional Latin Masses
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 25 March: Feast of The Good Thief, St. Dismas… who stole heaven
- 25 March – Annunciation – LIVE VIDEO: Mass at 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- CDF DECREE: New PREFACES for the Extraordinary Form (TLM) liturgical calendar
- CDF DECREE: New SAINTS for the Extraordinary Form (TLM) liturgical calendar
- LENTCAzT 2020: 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent & Annunciation: “She is the ‘people of God'”
- A great “wartime” Sunday Mass in my native place. Fr. Z kudos.
- Of bells and virus bell curves. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2020: 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Conscience and making excuses for sins
- ASK FATHER: A priest wants to be able to celebrate Easter in the Extraordinary Form
- Francis: Coronavirus is nature’s “revenge”, “tantrum”, “cry” for help
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio in Pandemic – ZedNet is ACTIVE!
- Supply chain, Truck Divers and YOU! Something you can do to help. ACTION ITEM!
- ITALY: At least 60 Italian priests have died after contracting coronavirus.
- LENTCAzT 2020: 27 – Monday in the 4th Week of Lent: The next phase now begins
- ACTION ITEM: 1000 subscribers for YouTube live stream – UPDATE
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 20 October 2010
Hmmmm New Macbook Air.
Cardinals are the Pope’s special Roman clergy. Historically they were the deacons and priests of diaconal and presbyteral “titles” (parishes) of Rome, while the cardinal bishops were bishops of little dioceses nearby. The College of Cardinals is still divided into … Continue reading
His Holiness of Our Lord Pope Benedict XVI has seen fit to name Archbishop Raymond Burke a Cardinal of Holy Church. The National Catholic Fishwrap is not very pleased. They won’t take the swipe directly. They use surrogates. Tom Roberts … Continue reading
From Spaceweather: SUNDIVING COMET: A newly-discovered comet is plunging toward the sun for a close encounter it probably will not survive. The comet is too deep in the sun’s glare for human eyes to pick out, but it is showing … Continue reading
Holy Church had some good news today. Do you have good news of your own? My good news includes the replacement of the Sabine electrical box, which was so eccentric that it was going to burst into flame at any … Continue reading
With a biretta tip to CatholicVote this is from Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute. Find the original on The Detroit News. Tea party must define ideas Father Robert Sirico If the recent analysis by the New York Times on … Continue reading
Here is a snap shot of some of the places readers are coming from over the last few minutes. These are in some cases approximations. I also cut out vague references such as “United States”. Lake Mary, Florida Rootstown, Ohio … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this interested piece to which I add my usual E&C. The Catholic group in the Church of England’s General Synod has called for traditionalists to stay, claiming that they have … Continue reading
Anyone want to buy a black 32GB ATT iPhone 3GS with Apple Care still on it (until September 27, 2011)? It is in great condition. I have two cases for it, one dark blue, the other Say The Black and … Continue reading
Archbp. Burke released a statement on having been named Cardinal. From St. Louis Review: Statement by Cardinal-designate Raymond L. Burke on the announcement of the consistory for the creation of Cardinals. I am deeply humbled and honored by the announcement … Continue reading
What are your plans for the big feast day on Friday? Friday 22 October is the feast of Sts. Nunilo and Alodia were a pair of 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father … Continue reading
From a seminarian: A brother seminarian and I recently attended one night of a parish mission of sorts led by a renowned Catholic musician. In one tangent mentioning the newly corrected translation of the Missal, he stated how the Mass … Continue reading