Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Up to 15% off New Products from AmazonBasics
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- NOTA BENE! Special Decree extends opportunity for Plenary Indulgence for Poor Souls through whole of November
- Prayer Request from Fr. Z
- #ASonnetADay – 76. “Why is my verse so barren of new pride…”
- LIVE VIDEO – 29 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Votive Mass of the Holy Spirit – Prayer against the Wuhan Devil
- A master class in irony
- A tribute to my mother on my birthday
- #ASonnetADay – 75. “So are you to my thoughts as food to life…”
- BRICK BY BRICK: A young priest writes, “I have never felt more priestly or masculine than when I have offered the Extraordinary Form Mass.”
- RECENT POSTS
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LIVE VIDEO – 28 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Simon & Jude, Apostles
- #ASonnetADay – 74. “But be contented when that fell arrest…”
- LIVE VIDEO – 27 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Votive Mass of Holy Angels (with Exorcism)
- Happy #NavyDay !
- ASK FATHER: Use of a microphone during Traditional Latin Low Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- #ASonnetADay – 73. “That time of year thou mayst in me behold…”
- ASK FATHER: Is a vote for “the lesser of two evils” still a vote “for evil”?
- ASK FATHER: Can einkorn flour be used for the Eucharist? It is lower in gluten.
- 28 October 2020 – Feast Sts. Simon and Jude: MASS FOR BENEFACTORS
- LIVE VIDEO – 26 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Monday in 21st Week after Pentecost
- VIDEO: Autopsy of a really slick LIE
- #ASonnetADay – GUEST SONNET by John Donne – “Death be not proud,…”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Christ the King (NO: 30th Ordinary) 2020 – POLL: Francis same-sex unions topic during homily?
- ASK FATHER: I don’t like Trump or Biden. Can I opt out and not vote at all?
- LIVE VIDEO – 25 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – Christ the King Sunday with Consecration of the Human Race
- #ASonnetADay – 72. “O, lest the world should task you to recite…”
- Sunday of Christ the King – Act of Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- ASK FATHER: Recent comments about same-sex unions… a “slap in the face” of those trying to leave homosexual lifestyle?
- Venezuelan dictator Maduro cites Francis to promote same-sex marriage legislation
- LIVE VIDEO – 24 Oct. 1200h CDT – NOON Traditional Latin Mass – St Raphael, Archangel
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 20 October 2010
Hmmmm New Macbook Air.
Cardinals are the Pope’s special Roman clergy. Historically they were the deacons and priests of diaconal and presbyteral “titles” (parishes) of Rome, while the cardinal bishops were bishops of little dioceses nearby. The College of Cardinals is still divided into … Continue reading
His Holiness of Our Lord Pope Benedict XVI has seen fit to name Archbishop Raymond Burke a Cardinal of Holy Church. The National Catholic Fishwrap is not very pleased. They won’t take the swipe directly. They use surrogates. Tom Roberts … Continue reading
From Spaceweather: SUNDIVING COMET: A newly-discovered comet is plunging toward the sun for a close encounter it probably will not survive. The comet is too deep in the sun’s glare for human eyes to pick out, but it is showing … Continue reading
Holy Church had some good news today. Do you have good news of your own? My good news includes the replacement of the Sabine electrical box, which was so eccentric that it was going to burst into flame at any … Continue reading
With a biretta tip to CatholicVote this is from Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute. Find the original on The Detroit News. Tea party must define ideas Father Robert Sirico If the recent analysis by the New York Times on … Continue reading
Here is a snap shot of some of the places readers are coming from over the last few minutes. These are in some cases approximations. I also cut out vague references such as “United States”. Lake Mary, Florida Rootstown, Ohio … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this interested piece to which I add my usual E&C. The Catholic group in the Church of England’s General Synod has called for traditionalists to stay, claiming that they have … Continue reading
Anyone want to buy a black 32GB ATT iPhone 3GS with Apple Care still on it (until September 27, 2011)? It is in great condition. I have two cases for it, one dark blue, the other Say The Black and … Continue reading
Archbp. Burke released a statement on having been named Cardinal. From St. Louis Review: Statement by Cardinal-designate Raymond L. Burke on the announcement of the consistory for the creation of Cardinals. I am deeply humbled and honored by the announcement … Continue reading
What are your plans for the big feast day on Friday? Friday 22 October is the feast of Sts. Nunilo and Alodia were a pair of 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father … Continue reading
From a seminarian: A brother seminarian and I recently attended one night of a parish mission of sorts led by a renowned Catholic musician. In one tangent mentioning the newly corrected translation of the Missal, he stated how the Mass … Continue reading