SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Rome Shot 87
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 5
- Rome Shot 86
- ASK FATHER: “Any tips about a Last Rites “kit”?”
- LENTCAzT 2021: 09 – Ember Thursday 1st Week of Lent: “The only choice is between fervor and sin.”
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 4
- LENTCAzT 2021: 08 – Ember Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: “A prayer on the way to Mass”
- Rome Shot 85
- Rome Shot 84
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 3
- LENTCAzT 2021: 07 – Tuesday 1st Week of Lent: “Lord, Jesus teach to pray better in all circumstances”
- WDTPRS 22 Feb – Feast of the Cathedra of Peter (2002MR): Antioch or Rome or… somewhere else?
- LIVE VIDEO – 22 Feb 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Cathedra of Peter
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 2
- LENTCAzT 2021: 06 – Monday 1st Week of Lent: “It had to happen to me!”
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 1
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Sunday of Lent 2021
- LENTCAzT 2021: 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: “Our Sire God being first served.”
- Rome Shot 83
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima – We need their intercession now more than ever.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – Sunday 21 Feb ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 82
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Lent (TLM): our season of transforming mystery
- Terrific podcast at Crisis with Scott Hahn. Don’t delay.
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): our season of transforming mystery
- LENTCAzT 2021: 04 – Saturday after Ash Wednesday: “The Lenten journey enables us to look upon our brethren with new eyes.”
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Is confirmation necessary for ordination?
- LIVE VIDEO – 19 Feb 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Friday after Ash Wednesday
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 20 October 2010
Hmmmm New Macbook Air.
Cardinals are the Pope’s special Roman clergy. Historically they were the deacons and priests of diaconal and presbyteral “titles” (parishes) of Rome, while the cardinal bishops were bishops of little dioceses nearby. The College of Cardinals is still divided into … Read More
His Holiness of Our Lord Pope Benedict XVI has seen fit to name Archbishop Raymond Burke a Cardinal of Holy Church. The National Catholic Fishwrap is not very pleased. They won’t take the swipe directly. They use surrogates. Tom Roberts … Read More
From Spaceweather: SUNDIVING COMET: A newly-discovered comet is plunging toward the sun for a close encounter it probably will not survive. The comet is too deep in the sun’s glare for human eyes to pick out, but it is showing … Read More
Holy Church had some good news today. Do you have good news of your own? My good news includes the replacement of the Sabine electrical box, which was so eccentric that it was going to burst into flame at any … Read More
With a biretta tip to CatholicVote this is from Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute. Find the original on The Detroit News. Tea party must define ideas Father Robert Sirico If the recent analysis by the New York Times on … Read More
Here is a snap shot of some of the places readers are coming from over the last few minutes. These are in some cases approximations. I also cut out vague references such as “United States”. Lake Mary, Florida Rootstown, Ohio … Read More
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this interested piece to which I add my usual E&C. The Catholic group in the Church of England’s General Synod has called for traditionalists to stay, claiming that they have … Read More
Anyone want to buy a black 32GB ATT iPhone 3GS with Apple Care still on it (until September 27, 2011)? It is in great condition. I have two cases for it, one dark blue, the other Say The Black and … Read More
Archbp. Burke released a statement on having been named Cardinal. From St. Louis Review: Statement by Cardinal-designate Raymond L. Burke on the announcement of the consistory for the creation of Cardinals. I am deeply humbled and honored by the announcement … Read More
What are your plans for the big feast day on Friday? Friday 22 October is the feast of Sts. Nunilo and Alodia were a pair of 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father … Read More
From a seminarian: A brother seminarian and I recently attended one night of a parish mission of sorts led by a renowned Catholic musician. In one tangent mentioning the newly corrected translation of the Missal, he stated how the Mass … Read More